HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Axelsson still a Red Wings Prospect?

Old
04-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Octopus

vCash: 500
Axelsson still a Red Wings Prospect?

With Carl Soderberg signing with the Bruins this week, it made me think whether Dick Axelsson is still a potential prospect for the Wings. Plenty has been written about Axelsson in the past, but I havn't seen anything lately. Is he still Red Wings property? Might he be in camp next fall?

Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 03:12 PM
ChadS

I think they still own his rights but the chances of him coming over are slim to none. The Wings don't like his attitude towards training etc. to say the least. Andersson has criticized him many times, here's one of the latest articles I found: http://www.gp.se/sport/ishockey/1.12...on-ute-i-kylan

"We don't believe in Dick's ability to push himself on the ice or in the gym. He doesn't have the physical status he should have."
"Dick is a god-given(?) talent, but he doesn't take his hockey career seriously."

Axelsson signed a 1-year extension in March. Andersson is also on Axelsson's teams (Frölunda) board.

Last edited by ChadS: 04-13-2013 at 03:21 PM.
ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 03:29 PM
gretskidoo

He's still a lazy diva. Which is a shame because his size + skill would easily be a 2nd liner at worst if he had some heart.

gretskidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 04:37 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
He is an improved player this year. When he played his best hockey this year, he’s NHL level. There’s no doubt about it. He’s stronger, he’s more mature and he’s been dominating on the national team. When he’s playing his best, he’s NHL good … Now, the problem is, when he plays his worst, he’s American League bad.”
Andersson - 2011

Quote:
“We still own his rights, but he needs to play really big in those (international) tournaments and at the world championship for us to have some interest in him.”
Andersson - 2012

http://www.redwingscentral.com/vault/dick-axelsson/

Both quotes are from Hakan Andersson. We could still bring him over but he's still very immature & has a piss-poor work ethic. He also had a poor year and he seems to have regressed slightly. I think we have his rights for 1 or 2 more years though so he does have a little time to grow up.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 05:08 PM
joe89

The years go by but Axelsson hasn't changed. He can't even be seen as a top player back home, which says something considering his skill.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 05:28 PM
hdw

He's a strange case indeed.

Massive amounts of raw talent but somehow unable to keep it together for any period of time.

Once in a while he gets lambasted by J Random talking head for being lazy and sometimes he gets back by playing utterly amazing and sometimes he just whines and do nothing.

I can understand some players that while superb talents just simply can't work when removed from home, friends and family and who actively selects to ignore the money and limelight for a life that they are comfortable with.

But Dick is still a bit of a mystery.

I think that he'll hit the headlines now and then in the coming years. Alternating between playing amazingly and having a fall out with someone in media.

He might very well be hailed as a hero after clinching the game winner for some team but I don't think that he'll be a consistent force with any team.

Which is sad, given his talent.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 02:54 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretskidoo View Post
He's still a lazy diva. Which is a shame because his size + skill would easily be a 2nd liner at worst if he had some heart.

In all games I have seen him play (something like 30) he always hustles and have a hit here and there. Got a mean streak aswell.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Uno Bench
Swedish citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
In all games I have seen him play (something like 30) he always hustles and have a hit here and there. Got a mean streak aswell.
Quote:
How can two oppinions differ this much? One of you, or both, are wrong. Who?

I think that, Axelsson isnt such a headcase as people make him out to be. He's been selected to the NT and all, not making a fool of himself there. There is not enough room in the NHL for every talented hockeyplayer in the world, that's how it is.

Uno Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Tomas W

Axelsson is not an NHL level player. Meanwhile, Söderberg have had a real good yearv and that's why Boston took him over, so there is a diffrence.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Uno Bench
Swedish citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
Axelsson is not an NHL level player. Meanwhile, Söderberg have had a real good yearv and that's why Boston took him over, so there is a diffrence.
Yeah, a small difference, he had one good year, many similarities though. Söderberg got the "lazy"-lable too, talented forward whit size, about the same age (older) as Axelsson. Also one big difference, The Bruins don't care about developing in the AHL, like Detroit does.

Uno Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:46 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Andersson - 2011

Andersson - 2012

http://www.redwingscentral.com/vault/dick-axelsson/

Both quotes are from Hakan Andersson. We could still bring him over but he's still very immature & has a piss-poor work ethic. He also had a poor year and he seems to have regressed slightly. I think we have his rights for 1 or 2 more years though so he does have a little time to grow up.
When I have seen him play his worst he is ECHL bad, think Hakan is running down the AHL there a little bit a place that really is on par with the SEL.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 02:33 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
When I have seen him play his worst he is ECHL bad, think Hakan is running down the AHL there a little bit a place that really is on par with the SEL.
I think what he meant was the when plays bad he'd fit in well with the worst AHL players.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 05:32 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

"“We still own his rights, but he needs to play really big in those (international) tournaments and at the world championship for us to have some interest in him.” "

Well, he is playing in world championship right now and he has been awesome.

Flippula - Datsuyk - Axelsson
Brunner - Zetterberg - Franzen

Could work.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Point Shot
Kenneth Must Go

I'm so over HTD.

Guy teases us with a good run now and then but is still the same old enigmatic schlub with a bad attitude.

Point Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Actual Thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno Bench View Post
.. How can two oppinions differ this much? One of you, or both, are wrong. Who?

I think that, Axelsson isnt such a headcase as people make him out to be. He's been selected to the NT and all, not making a fool of himself there. There is not enough room in the NHL for every talented hockeyplayer in the world, that's how it is.
On the contrary, There is more than enough room. Most teams these days (cap era) are watered down and not very talented. There is plenty of room for talent.

Actual Thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
I think he's finally bought into having to work hard. I'm a Frolunda fan and since about January, Axelsson has been busting his ass off and become quite the two-way player. Will be interesting to see if he can keep it up over next season. Then, maybe, he can give the NHL another go.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:09 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

How old was Danny Cleary when he decided to focus on his NHL career?

I wonder if DA actually has the talent to play on a scoring line. His stats aren't very impressive and he's no longer a kid.

But maybe more as 2nd-3rd liner with size and some skill.
Like Stalberg?

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 09:14 AM
gretskidoo

Stay away, is all I will say.

gretskidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 01:26 AM
pdd

High hopes, but can't say I expect them to be fulfilled.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 04:48 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretskidoo View Post
Stay away, is all I will say.
Looked like a 5-year old baby again yesterday. What a headcase idiot.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 08:19 AM
XO
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
How old was Danny Cleary when he decided to focus on his NHL career?

I wonder if DA actually has the talent to play on a scoring line. His stats aren't very impressive and he's no longer a kid.

But maybe more as 2nd-3rd liner with size and some skill.
Like Stalberg?
the talent? yes, but he's simply too stupid do anything with it. all the tools but no toolbox description suits him very well.

XO is offline   Reply With Quote