HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Picking the Sabres' Carcass at the Deadline (and Later?): HOW DARE YOU ASK FOR OTT

Old
03-27-2013, 06:26 PM
La Cosa Nostra
TOMMY KARATE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
No way.

I would want Stafford, but if that is the price for Pominville than not a chance.

Makes no sense for us to deal top prospects like Gaunce, Lack and the first.
Those 3 probably aren't even enough for Pominville. If you didn't know, Pominville is a 5x 60+ point scorer, is a great PK, plays two way hockey and is also our captain. He is also the 7th highest scoring RW since the lockout. Guys like Poms are extremely valuable, and considering so many teams are still in the playoff hunt this will be a very tight sellers market.He is only 30, it's not like he's in his mid to late 30s, he still has 5+ seasons of good hockey left in him. The Sabres will easily get package offers much better then Gaunce, Lack and a late first.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:28 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Those 3 probably aren't even enough for Pominville. If you didn't know, Pominville is a 5x 60+ point scorer, is a great PK, plays two way hockey and is also our captain. He is also the 7th highest scoring RW since the lockout. Guys like Poms are extremely valuable, and considering so many teams are still in the playoff hunt this will be a very tight sellers market. The Sabres will easily get package offers much better then Gaunce, Lack and a late first.
Do you know anything about that package? Lack is one of the best goaltending prospects in the AHL.

Gaunce is someone I have no interest in trading. Looks like he is going to be a really really valuable two-way horse down the middle with size, skill, strength and leadership.

And that first will be a good prospect, someone we need in our pool.

Glad you feel its not enough cause I don't have interest in making this trade.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Djp

Quote:
Mid-Later round pick or prospect for Sulzer?
make it a 4th and you got a deal....

by the way ...he will be out for the year with an ACL injury....being a UFA after this year we will just sign him again....He likes it in Buffalo because of the fellow Germans on the team.

thanks for shopping---please come again.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I like the Gaunce, Connauton + 1st for Pominville deal
Can we get Kaleta involved in this deal? Vancouver adores depth forwards who are defensively responsible and we use his nasty side.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Csonked Out

vCash: 674
To NJD- Drew Stafford

To Buffalo- Jacob Josefson, Mark Fayne

Gives Buffalo a young 2-way forward who is still waiting to develop some offesnively and a dependable 2nd pairing defender that is still young

New Jersey get's a streaky forward who is good at both ends of the ice that is currently underperforming

Csonked Out is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Frankly it's just overpayment overall. Also Canucks do not need defencemen. Players Canucks might be interested in are Stafford and Pominville. Oh and Schneider isn't available. Personally I think Pommer is to expensive for Vancouver. Some other Sabre fans agreed to this earlier though:

Stafford

For

Connauton
2nd
3rd

in the Stafford deal i would ask for a 1st in 2013 and a 4th in 2014 instead.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:51 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingbooya View Post
To NJD- Drew Stafford

Gives Buffalo a young 2-way forward who is still waiting to develop some offesnively and a dependable 2nd pairing defender that is still young

New Jersey get's a streaky forward who is good at both ends of the ice that is currently underperforming
Done.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Csonked Out

vCash: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Done.
It's a lot to give up from my Devils, but damn I just know that Stafford would fit in absolutely beautifully in the lineup without missing a beat.

Csonked Out is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Patchey*

Kassian for Hodgson?

Patchey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:56 PM
McTank

Quote:
To NJD- Drew Stafford

I like this deal, helps plug some holes, we can look to replace stafford in FA

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Can we get Kaleta involved in this deal? Vancouver adores depth forwards who are defensively responsible and we use his nasty side.
Sure. His value's hard to pin down but it shouldn't be too much in the way of prospects/picks. Value, but not extensive.

Quote:
To NJD- Drew Stafford

Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchey View Post
Kassian for Hodgson?
Noronen for a 2nd

Connor McDavid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 07:24 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
It's a lot to give up from my Devils, but damn I just know that Stafford would fit in absolutely beautifully in the lineup without missing a beat.
I could definitely see Stafford getting back on track if NJ could get him buying into their aggressive forecheck. He has the speed, the size, and the skill to put up points like that.

Fills some needs for Buffalo as well. Fayne would help stabalize our top 4 next year (assuming neither Leo or Regehr will be back, which would leave us with just Myers, Ehrhoff, ad Sekera under contract as far as certifiable NHL D go) and let's us bring along Pysyk and McNabb slowly. Josefson doesn't fill a huge need, but would be a nice addition to the PK and still has some potential.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1815
Quote:
No way.

I would want Stafford, but if that is the price for Pominville than not a chance.

Makes no sense for us to deal top prospects like Gaunce, Lack and the first.
Gaunce and Lack are easily expendable behind the depth we have. Luongo/Schneider in goal and we have Henrik/Kesler/Schroeder as our top-9 centres, none of whom are going anywhere anytime soon. You have to give top-quality to get top quality. Is it "overpayment"? In a time where a rental Morrow gets a top prospect and Douglas Murray gets 2 2nds, I don't really think so.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 08:18 PM
JB Maple Leafs

#FreeSteveOtt

JB Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

Looks like I may have been wrong about Miller .

Connolly and the 1st would be the prime targets, though of course not together.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:22 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Gaunce and Lack are easily expendable behind the depth we have. Luongo/Schneider in goal and we have Henrik/Kesler/Schroeder as our top-9 centres, none of whom are going anywhere anytime soon. You have to give top-quality to get top quality. Is it "overpayment"? In a time where a rental Morrow gets a top prospect and Douglas Murray gets 2 2nds, I don't really think so.
I don't think it is a overpayment.

but I dont think it makes sense. Gaunce is going to be a fan favorite, and will wear a letter one day and be a huge part of this team. The more I see of him the more excited I get.

Lack is one of the best goaltending prospects available.

I don't think we need a winger, we need a center. And we aren't in a position to take on that cap hit moving forward, or trade away 3 big future assets that we need for a big gamble.

I just don't think it makes sense. Pominville won't be the key to our success in the playoffs. How Cory Schneider plays will be.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:08 AM
dcr

Quote:
I don't think it is a overpayment.

but I dont think it makes sense. Gaunce is going to be a fan favorite, and will wear a letter one day and be a huge part of this team. The more I see of him the more excited I get.

Lack is one of the best goaltending prospects available.

I don't think we need a winger, we need a center. And we aren't in a position to take on that cap hit moving forward, or trade away 3 big future assets that we need for a big gamble.

I just don't think it makes sense. Pominville won't be the key to our success in the playoffs. How Cory Schneider plays will be.

Given your parameters, what do you think of Jochen Hecht for Vancouver? Relatively cheap ($1.25 million) veteran UFA at season's end who can play 3rd/4th line center, defensively responsible and certainly doesn't net a return including either of Gaunce/Lack.

dcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcr View Post
Given your parameters, what do you think of Jochen Hecht for Vancouver? Relatively cheap ($1.25 million) veteran UFA at season's end who can play 3rd/4th line center, defensively responsible and certainly doesn't net a return including either of Gaunce/Lack.
Probably something akin to what Pahlsson cost?

03-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcr View Post
Meh. Nothing against him I just don't think he brings what he used to bring. At this point I don't think he is really much of an upgrade on what we have to fill that spot. (Schroeder, Lappierre)

Old
03-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

Quote:
Meh. Nothing against him I just don't think he brings what he used to bring. At this point I don't think he is really much of an upgrade on what we have to fill that spot. (Schroeder, Lappierre)
He'd be an upgrade defensively even as a wing. Not saying you need him, but he's pretty underrated.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
He'd be an upgrade defensively even as a wing. Not saying you need him, but he's pretty underrated.
Fourth line defensive guy who can play either wing and center. Probably a 4th or 5th rounder.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:38 AM
dkollidas

just a few different ideas...

1. STAFFORD

To Buffalo:
C- Jacob Josefson- Would add a young centerman who's got size and can play solidly in his own zone.

To New Jersey:
RW- Drew Stafford- Would inject some firepower into the lineup. Stafford has ability and needs a change of scenery maybe more than any other guy in the league right now. He would allow Clarkson to have a role that more suits his skill and not have to necessarily be a top-line/top-6 player.

To Buffalo:
D-Niklas Hjalmarsson- Buffalo gets a guy they can try to pair with Myers who can settle things down and allow Myers to play his game.

To Chicago:
RW- Drew Stafford- Chicago gets a guy who's able to play in the top-6 and move Sharpe to center to solve their 2C issue.

2. MILLER

To Buffalo:
2013 1st (top-5 protected, if it is, moves to 2014)

To Tampa Bay:
G-Ryan Miller

3. POMINVILLE

To Buffalo:
D-Niklas Hjalmarsson
C-Marcus Kruger
-Again, Hjalmarsson hopefully pairs up with Myers to form a good partnership
-Kruger adds a defensively responsible centerman with upside.

To Chicago:
RW- Jason Pominville- Gives Chicago a legit top-line forward to put on the wing.

4. MILLER & POMINVILLE

To Buffalo:
C-Sean Couturier
G- Illya Bryzgalov

To Philadelphia:
RW- Jason Pominville
G- Ryan Miller
C-Luke Adam

I doubt any of these are widely accepted, just throwing around some ideas that popped into my head

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:16 AM
Selanne00008

Do not want bryz contract..

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:37 AM
dkollidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
Do not want bryz contract..
I'll take it if it gives us a guy like Couturier. Him, Hosgson, and Grigorenko down the middle for a long time could look pretty beastly in a few years. He'd be a guy you could rotate with Enroth and eventually if need be buy him out or put him in the AHL.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote