HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The OT Non-Ski Resort - Things You Miss About Your Childhood Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2013, 06:22 PM
  #126
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 40,346
vCash: 50
mind = blown

thank you Zombo

LPH is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 06:31 PM
  #127
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,583
vCash: 500
Going back to PC Games...



Anyone remember this?

Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 09:03 PM
  #128
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,736
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Going back to PC Games...



Anyone remember this?
DOOM!

Yes.

__________________

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 09:04 PM
  #129
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,736
vCash: 50
And on the note of finding a beer league here, might've found one.

Hockey 101, looks really good and I'm trying to get a team going with my hockey buddies.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 09:52 PM
  #130
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,107
vCash: 500
So much nostalgia in this thread.


Taelin is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:05 PM
  #131
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 40,346
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
So much nostalgia in this thread.
in a nostalgia thread? That's crazy

LPH is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:06 PM
  #132
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
in a nostalgia thread? That's crazy
You guys are going through my entire childhood.

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:09 PM
  #133
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 40,346
vCash: 50


all of the feels

LPH is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:32 PM
  #134
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
so ****ed for my econ exam..

KISSland is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:44 PM
  #135
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,269
vCash: 500
Speaking of nostalgia...
What about him?


I really miss our dearly digested friend.
He was delicious.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:48 PM
  #136
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,269
vCash: 500
Another bit of nostalgia...

Lindsay Lohan in 2004...

Oh Hollywood...
What have you done?

Here is the scariest video I have ever seen:

nameless1 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:48 PM
  #137
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 40,346
vCash: 50
^^
(up two posts, no wins for Lohan)
so much win

Just finished watching How I Met Your Mother, "Architect of Destruction"

really enjoyed it

LPH is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:51 PM
  #138
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 40,346
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
Another bit of nostalgia...

Lindsay Lohan in 2004...

Oh Hollywood...
What have you done?
for that matter, what happened to the Olsen twins?

that video, never again

LPH is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:22 AM
  #139
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,489
vCash: 341
Holy crap that Lohan thing is disturbing.

So much potential flushed down the toilet.

AndyPipkin is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:42 AM
  #140
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,736
vCash: 50
That's scary.

The Lindsay Lohan thing.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:42 AM
  #141
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,269
vCash: 500
Warned you guys.


Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
for that matter, what happened to the Olsen twins?
The novelty of twins worn off.
And they can't act.

But no worries...
In America...
Your soul is worth something.

Throughout their lifetime, they have sold almost everything you can think of.
Lunch boxes, pencil cases, backpacks...
They slapped their face on everything.

Now...
They are even selling the clothes you are wearing...
And they are making a fortune.

If I remembered correctly, their empire is well worth about $75 to $100 million dollars...
All before their 18th birthday.
It is probably worth even more now.

Oh...
And one of them is doing the artist thing...
Pulling a Jane Fonda...
And dating a French dude...
Even if the guy is the ex-president's brother.


Last edited by nameless1: 03-28-2013 at 12:49 AM.
nameless1 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:49 AM
  #142
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 40,346
vCash: 50
At least they were smart financially

I remember watching something that was talking about how the majority of child stars seem to have a really tough time transitioning to a teenager and an adult. Makes a ton of sense, when you are given so much at an early age and all of the overwhelming media attention.

LPH is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:51 AM
  #143
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
^^
Just finished watching How I Met Your Mother, "Architect of Destruction"

really enjoyed it
I am impartial about that episode.
It was the microcosm of the entire 6th season...
Really underwhelming.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:54 AM
  #144
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 40,346
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
I am impartial about that episode.
It was the microcosm of the entire 6th season...
Really underwhelming.
I thought it had it's moments, although I am recently beginning to watch How I Met Your Mother again, so it could be the effect of me forgetting how much I liked the show. I just watched another (forget the name) was about the bro code, specifically Barney breaking it. I liked that one much better.

LPH is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:02 AM
  #145
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
At least they were smart financially

I remember watching something that was talking about how the majority of child stars seem to have a really tough time transitioning to a teenager and an adult. Makes a ton of sense, when you are given so much at an early age and all of the overwhelming media attention.
Yeah...
They will never go hungry...
At the very least.

Some child stars turn out all right...

But how a child star turn out depends on a number of factors.
Parents, their upbringing, who they hang out with, their managers...
These are all factors that can sway the star to one direction or another.

However, ultimately, it really depends on the person.
Some of them just leaves the game and lead a normal life (Mara Wilson)...
While others take a break, go to school to have a fall back option and come back when they are ready (Jodie Foster, Natalie Portman, Anna Chlumsky)...

Few have have really good self-control (Hilary Duff)...
While a few others managed to turn their life around (Robert Downing jr., Drew Barrymore, etc.)...

And some are just lucky that they didn't overdose (Leonardo DiCaprio).

nameless1 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:03 AM
  #146
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I thought it had it's moments, although I am recently beginning to watch How I Met Your Mother again, so it could be the effect of me forgetting how much I liked the show. I just watched another (forget the name) was about the bro code, specifically Barney breaking it. I liked that one much better.
Season 3, The Goat.
That was a pretty good episode.

nameless1 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:05 AM
  #147
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
Yeah...
They will never go hungry...
At the very least.

Some child stars turn out all right...

But how a child star turn out depends on a number of factors.
Parents, their upbringing, who they hang out with, their managers...
These are all factors that can sway the star to one direction or another.

However, ultimately, it really depends on the person.
Some of them just leaves the game and lead a normal life (Mara Wilson)...
While others take a break, go to school to have a fall back option and come back when they are ready (Jodie Foster, Natalie Portman, Anna Chlumsky)...

Few have have really good self-control (Hilary Duff)...
While a few others managed to turn their life around (Robert Downing jr., Drew Barrymore, etc.)...

And some are just lucky that they didn't overdose (Leonardo DiCaprio).
The Harry Potter kids (Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe) seem to be doing fine.

Taelin is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:09 AM
  #148
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
The Harry Potter kids (Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe) seem to be doing fine.
I had this discussion with a friend the other day.
He was saying how the kids won't amount to anything after Harry Porter.

Then I told him Daniel Radcliffe is doing theatre and playing a bunch of different roles in movies, showing off his versatility.

Emma Watson just gets hotter and hotter...

While Rupert Grint gets more awkward by the minute...
But he made his millions...
So he will be fine.

I will put Radcliffe under the category of "didn't overdose", and Watson and Grint as "having good self-control".

nameless1 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:09 AM
  #149
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,187
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
In keeping with this thread's theme:




Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:10 AM
  #150
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 40,346
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
The Harry Potter kids (Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe) seem to be doing fine.

LPH is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.