HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD 2013 - Draft Thread VII

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2013, 03:33 AM
  #126
TheDevilMadeMe
Registered User
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 45,930
vCash: 500
Red Fisher conference results:

Foster Hewitt:
1. Trail Smoke Eaters
2. Ottawa Senators
3. Guelph Platers
4. Dawson City Nuggets

Jim Robson:
1. Montreal Canadiens
2. Kenora Thistles
3. Chicago Shamrocks
4. Detroit Red Wings

James Creighton:
1. Minnesota Fighting Saints
2. Halifax Mooseheads
3. Edmonton Mercurys
4. Boston Mules

Louis Magnus:
1. Vancouver Millionaires
2. Pittsburgh Bankers
3. West Island Lions
4. Viking Maniacs

Top-8 Conference Standings (NHL regular season style):

1. Minnesota Fighting Saints
2. Trail Smoke Eaters
3. Montreal Canadiens
4. Vancouver Millionaires
5. Pittsburgh Bankers
6. Kenora Thistles
7. Ottawa Senators
8. Chicago Shamrocks


Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 04-15-2013 at 03:48 AM.
TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:49 AM
  #127
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,428
vCash: 500
Pretty much my ranking for the Jim Coleman Conference, although I disagree with some ranking in the Red Fisher one. It's nice to win our division once again, after missing on it 2 years in a row.

EDIT: My three favourite team to win the draft (excluding Dave & I team) have all won their division, although none finish first in their conference.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:20 AM
  #128
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
Jim Coleman conference results:

Bob Cole:
1. Hershey
2. Mystery
3. Seattle
4. Cincinnati


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Red Fisher conference results:


Louis Magnus:
1. Vancouver Millionaires
2. Pittsburgh Bankers
3. West Island Lions
4. Viking Maniacs



I'm glad we spent those 2 weeks debating if my team would get a "competitive advantage or not", it has clearly proven my point that this voting system is a farse and that personal opinions of individual GM's outweigh actual teams.

Not like it's a big surprise, if anything i'm happy with the voting results it shows what i've been looking to do the entire time.

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:26 AM
  #129
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post


I'm glad we spent those 2 weeks debating if my team would get a "competitive advantage or not", it has clearly proven my point that this voting system is a farse and that personal opinions of individual GM's outweigh actual teams.

Not like it's a big surprise, if anything i'm happy with the voting results it shows what i've been looking to do the entire time.
- Hershey is IMO, one of the better team in the draft, and objecively it's very hard to place them anywhere else but first in their division.

- I had you either second or third, flip-flopping between you and the Mystery Alaskans. Two teams constructed of different manner, with obvious flaws, but terrific strength. I have a hard time seeing how Seattle have a better team than yours, but to each their own.

- What were you 'looking to do the entire time', if I may ask? If the sole reason of your participation in these drafts is to sabotage them, perhaps it would be wise not to participate in further installment & concentrate your free time on something else.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:30 AM
  #130
BraveCanadian
Registered User
 
BraveCanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,832
vCash: 500
For the sake of argument I had Hersey first in their division and you second, mark.

Like I said earlier though, outside of a few stragglers there is a lot of parity so several teams I really could have flipped a coin on.

BraveCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:35 AM
  #131
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
For the sake of argument I had Hersey first in their division and you second, mark.

Like I said earlier though, outside of a few stragglers there is a lot of parity so several teams I really could have flipped a coin on.
Half the division it was very hard placing a 4th place team. Some undeserving last position team that, given the right matchup, could knock out first place team, no question.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:39 AM
  #132
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
- Hershey is IMO, one of the better team in the draft, and objecively it's very hard to place them anywhere else but first in their division.

- I had you either second or third, flip-flopping between you and the Mystery Alaskans. Two teams constructed of different manner, with obvious flaws, but terrific strength. I have a hard time seeing how Seattle have a better team than yours, but to each their own.

- What were you 'looking to do the entire time', if I may ask? If the sole reason of your participation in these drafts is to sabotage them, perhaps it would be wise not to participate in further installment & concentrate your free time on something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
For the sake of argument I had Hersey first in their division and you second, mark.

Like I said earlier though, outside of a few stragglers there is a lot of parity so several teams I really could have flipped a coin on.


Hey i'm not saying I was a slam dunk to finish first, there w other really good teams. But coming dead last is a clear showing of how things work.

And what I was looking to do EB was create my team and then near the end of the draft try and tip the scales by having a trade that clearly improves my team and yet still be voted last.

I have nothing but good things to say about MB, but the trade was a slam dunk in my favour (as shown by the pages upon pages of veto talk), and yet still voted last

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:40 AM
  #133
MadArcand
Whaletarded
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Seat of the Empire
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
- I had you either second or third, flip-flopping between you and the Mystery Alaskans. Two teams constructed of different manner, with obvious flaws, but terrific strength. I have a hard time seeing how Seattle have a better team than yours, but to each their own.
Ditto that.

I'm definitely surprised to see mark's team last, but I'd be just as surprised if it'd be first ahead of Hershey.

MadArcand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:42 AM
  #134
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
- Hershey is IMO, one of the better team in the draft, and objecively it's very hard to place them anywhere else but first in their division.
I'm not surprised that we finished 2nd to Hershey. They were the one team we thought might take the division ahead of us.

I do think that our division is abnormally strong. Mark would have won a few other divisions.

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:45 AM
  #135
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
Hey i'm not saying I was a slam dunk to finish first, there w other really good teams. But coming dead last is a clear showing of how things work.

And what I was looking to do EB was create my team and then near the end of the draft try and tip the scales by having a trade that clearly improves my team and yet still be voted last.

I have nothing but good things to say about MB, but the trade was a slam dunk in my favour (as shown by the pages upon pages of veto talk), and yet still voted last
The pieces was clearly at your advantage, but suited MB team far better (I didn't have MB first in their division). I think you team look more ackward and unbalance after the trade. However, is the cheer advantage of gaining Red Kelly made your team overall a better one? I'm not sure. As I said, I'm not sure why Seattle was voted ahead of you, but finishing third behind VanI & Dreak is perfectly normal objectively.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:46 AM
  #136
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
I'm not surprised that we finished 2nd to Hershey. They were the one team we thought might take the division ahead of us.

I do think that our division is abnormally strong. Mark would have won a few other divisions.
I would be curious which 'few' divisions you or Mark could of won.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:01 AM
  #137
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,030
vCash: 500
There is nothing to debate here, it's pretty black and white. I was clearly not the worst team in the division and was voted last, i'm honestly not surprised.

I could easily name at least 6 GM's who I know without a doubt voted my team last.

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:03 AM
  #138
BraveCanadian
Registered User
 
BraveCanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
There is nothing to debate here, it's pretty black and white. I was clearly not the worst team in the division and was voted last, i'm honestly not surprised.

I could easily name at least 6 GM's who I know without a doubt voted my team last.
You didn't expect them to be unbiased with posts from you like this, though, did you?

People can be biased and not even realize it.

I mean I agree that GM reputation seems to get the benefit of the doubt around here but antagonizing people all the time isn't the way to fix it.

BraveCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:09 AM
  #139
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
You didn't expect them to be unbiased with posts from you like this, though, did you?

People can be biased and not even realize it.

I mean I agree that GM reputation seems to get the benefit of the doubt around here but antagonizing people all the time isn't the way to fix it.
I'm not going to sit quietly and have the same 5-6 GM's dominate the conversations and try to garner a couple more votes, what's the point of that? I would rather them just say my posts cause them to vote me last rather then saying "Oh you're acting like we are all against you, we vote purely on teams etc.."

I don't participate in these to sit on the sidelines and not upset the apple cart in hopes that my team can get more votes, I participate because I enjoy reading about Hockey's History and I enjoy a lot of the posts from a portion of the GM's.

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:00 AM
  #140
tony d
BMO
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,495
vCash: 500
2nd in the division and 5th in the conference. Will definitely take that. Congrats to the division winners and a great effort by all the other 24 teams. Looking forward to a spirited ATD playoffs.

__________________
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:06 AM
  #141
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
I'm not going to sit quietly and have the same 5-6 GM's dominate the conversations and try to garner a couple more votes, what's the point of that? I would rather them just say my posts cause them to vote me last rather then saying "Oh you're acting like we are all against you, we vote purely on teams etc.."

I don't participate in these to sit on the sidelines and not upset the apple cart in hopes that my team can get more votes, I participate because I enjoy reading about Hockey's History and I enjoy a lot of the posts from a portion of the GM's.
5-6 GMs only get 5-6 votes. When we end up with nearly 40 voters, a group of 5 or 6 don't really have a lot of voting power.

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:07 AM
  #142
BraveCanadian
Registered User
 
BraveCanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
5-6 GMs only get 5-6 votes. When we end up with nearly 40 voters, a group of 5 or 6 don't really have a lot of voting power.
That is 15% of the vote.

BraveCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:13 AM
  #143
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
I would be curious which 'few' divisions you or Mark could of won.
I think the Alaskans could have won our own division. I'm not complaining about where we finished, since the voting looks to be very fair to me, but I don't see a gap between Hershey and us.

I could be wrong, but I would think our division was one of the more tightly voted ones in the draft. The fact that they finished 4th overall tells me there was quite a lot of vote-splitting in our division.

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:16 AM
  #144
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
5-6 GMs only get 5-6 votes. When we end up with nearly 40 voters, a group of 5 or 6 don't really have a lot of voting power.
You're also assuming everybody voted which is never the case. The people I rub the wrong way are the people who are always on, which are the GM's who always cast their votes.

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:17 AM
  #145
Hawkey Town 18
Moderator
 
Hawkey Town 18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
I think the Alaskans could have won our own division. I'm not complaining about where we finished, since the voting looks to be very fair to me, but I don't see a gap between Hershey and us.

I could be wrong, but I would think our division was one of the more tightly voted ones in the draft. The fact that they finished 4th overall tells me there was quite a lot of vote-splitting in our division.
It was one of the toughest ones for me to rank, and I think the only division where not a single team finished where I had them.

Hawkey Town 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:18 AM
  #146
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
That is 15% of the vote.
Which is not much voting power...

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:25 AM
  #147
BraveCanadian
Registered User
 
BraveCanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Which is not much voting power...
I'm sorry but that is a ridiculous statement.

BraveCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:28 AM
  #148
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
I'm sorry but that is a ridiculous statement.
How much influence do you think that has over the rankings? Do you think he was in 1st or 2nd before the "biased" 5-6 votes came in?

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:32 AM
  #149
BraveCanadian
Registered User
 
BraveCanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
How much influence do you think that has over the rankings? Do you think he was in 1st or 2nd before the "biased" 5-6 votes came in?
I have no idea but I do know that things are close enough in this that 15% of the vote is pretty heavy.

BraveCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:47 AM
  #150
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
How much influence do you think that has over the rankings? Do you think he was in 1st or 2nd before the "biased" 5-6 votes came in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
I have no idea but I do know that things are close enough in this that 15% of the vote is pretty heavy.
Again, this "15%" is based off the assumption that every GM voted, that is never the case.

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.