HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Horror movies ads on early evening TV

Old
03-27-2013, 11:06 PM
cupcrazyman
Homer J Fong

vCash: 500
can't say the tv ever scared me.

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:58 AM
Shareefruck

*shrugs* I think the OP's making a solid point, although I don't really relate to that problem.

"Turn the channel" is such a silly response, IMO. First, his point is that it shouldn't be that way in the first place, not that he's at a complete loss as to how to work around it-- he probably does change the channel, but it's still an unnecessary inconvenience that bothers you even if it's workable on a practical level. Second, that's not really a practical solution anyways-- They're 30-60 second commercials-- **** happens right off the bat, you don't know it's a horror ad until you see something horror-ish, and even if you do, how unreasonable is it to expect everyone to be in a ready position to pounce on the remote? Again, they're 30-60 second commercials.

Knowing the commercials that air during hockey games, that same commercial is probably going to air repeatedly like 3-4 times every commercial break, too. Pretty ridiculous to go "You just have to change the channel, wait 30 seconds, and change back every single time the commercial comes on-- it's not that hard" No, it's not that hard, but I'm sure it must be tedious and annoying, especially if you don't think they should be showing during that time in the first place.

I'm not saying it's a similar scenario, but it reminds me of the backwards logic of the "if you don't want to hear spoilers of the TV show, read the book first-- it's not that hard" guys in that Game of Thrones thread. Really backwards stuff.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 03-28-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:26 AM
Eisen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
*shrugs* I think the OP's making a solid point, although I don't really relate to that problem.

"Turn the channel" is such a silly response, IMO. First, his point is that it shouldn't be that way in the first place, not that he's at a complete loss as to how to work around it-- he probably does change the channel, but it's still an unnecessary inconvenience that bothers you even if it's workable on a practical level. Second, that's not really a practical solution anyways-- They're 30-60 second commercials-- **** happens right off the bat, you don't know it's a horror ad until you see something horror-ish, and even if you do, how unreasonable is it to expect everyone to be in a ready position to pounce on the remote? Again, they're 30-60 second commercials.

Knowing the commercials that air during hockey games, that same commercial is probably going to air repeatedly like 3-4 times every commercial break, too. Pretty ridiculous to go "You just have to change the channel, wait 30 seconds, and change back every single time the commercial comes on-- it's not that hard" No, it's not that hard, but I'm sure it must be tedious and annoying, especially if you don't think they should be showing during that time in the first place.

I'm not saying it's a similar scenario, but it reminds me of the backwards logic of the "if you don't want to hear spoilers of the TV show, read the book first-- it's not that hard" guys in that Game of Thrones thread. Really backwards stuff.
Or, if you don't want to be a victim, stay away from criminal places.

Eisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:46 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisen View Post
Or, if you don't want to be a victim, stay away from criminal places.
If you aren't aware of the thread I'm talking about, we aren't talking about going into a thread about a TV show when you're behind and getting mad when someone talks about the latest episode-- we're talking about being completely up to date with the series, but being spoiled by book spoilers that haven't even happened in the show yet (AND there's another thread specifically for people who have also read the books). The two are seperate things, and mentioning a spoiler from another source is technically off-topic (therefore it SHOULDN'T be an expected criminal place).

Pretty ridiculous to take it that far and expect everyone to avoid discussion of a series entirely simply because you haven't gone through related source material from a different medium or to blame it on the person not going through the source material from a different medium ahead of time.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 03-28-2013 at 01:55 AM.
Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote