HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would Ryder fetch on draft day trade? if it comes to that

Old
04-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
What would Ryder fetch on draft day trade? if it comes to that

Hello guys, I know Ryder is playing very well here, but if negotiation do not materialize then could MB be looking to move him on draft day;
Could we move up in the drafty especially if we package our second rounder to sweeten the deal for other team, and Ryder agrees to trade and sign?

Habs4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Possibly a 4th or 5th rounder if somebody really wants him and we don't.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:29 AM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever View Post
Hello guys, I know Ryder is playing very well here, but if negotiation do not materialize then could MB be looking to move him on draft day;
Could we move up in the drafty especially if we package our second rounder to sweeten the deal for other team, and Ryder agrees to trade and sign?
With the new CBA, there's no need to trade picks to get rights to a player since all teams can negotiate with a player before the start of UFA signing day. Can't remember if it's a 1 or 2 week window.

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
With the new CBA, there's no need to trade picks to get rights to a player since all teams can negotiate with a player before the start of UFA signing day. Can't remember if it's a 1 or 2 week window.
By trading for a player's rights before the 5 day window you can sign him before anybody can talk to him.

Old
04-06-2013, 09:51 AM
yoyo999

I think one of the big reasons MB traded for Ryder was because he is UFA at the end of the season. If Bergevin wanted something long-term he would have gotten someone 'better', although Ryder is leading the team in scoring.

To answer your question I don't think he will fetch us anything as he won't be traded.
Some team will offer him the money he wants and it won't be Montreal. I don't see teams paying a 3-4th rounder in a deep draft just for the rights to negotiate with Michael Ryder of all players.

yoyo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 09:53 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
I totally missed this rule. Can someone elaborate please.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo999 View Post
I think one of the big reasons MB traded for Ryder was because he is UFA at the end of the season. If Bergevin wanted something long-term he would have gotten someone 'better', although Ryder is leading the team in scoring.

To answer your question I don't think he will fetch us anything as he won't be traded.
Some team will offer him the money he wants and it won't be Montreal. I don't see teams paying a 3-4th rounder in a deep draft just for the rights to negotiate with Michael Ryder of all players.
If you look at the list of UFA he is up there among the best. That list may grow with buy outs but no guarntee any front line players get bought out, probably just guys like Kaberle and Komisarek...

Old
04-06-2013, 10:23 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever View Post
It's pretty obvious to me, we should keep this guy and sign him up. There are a few other guys I wouldn't mind losing.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:28 AM
macavoy

I seen a game in Dallas last year, it was the night the Rangers clinched the NLCS, so the arena was empty. I met up with a CBJ fan who had a friend in the bottom section, so we were able to move down and sit 3 rows from the glass. It was a totally different experience watching the game that close.

That game Ribeiro and Ryder totally stood out as the most energetic players, Ribeiro more so. But it was enough that I'd totally support resigning him in the $4m range and $4.5m over a shorter term.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote