HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Stepan vs. Parenteau

View Poll Results: Stepan vs. Parenteau
Derek Stepan 88 58.28%
P.A. Parenteau 63 41.72%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Veritas0Aequitas

vCash: 500
Avs fan saying Stepan

Veritas0Aequitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:24 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Surprised to see Stepan winning this honestly, PAP is the better player.
What makes him the better player?

Quote:
And this is coming from a guy who really wanted Stepan back when Oreilly seemed to be on his way out of Colorado. But PAP is the better player.
What makes you think Stepan was available for a holdout like RoR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
I feel like I am taking crazy pills. Every single GM in the league would choose the 22-year-old over the 30-year-old when both players are relatively close in talent currently.
Some fans once believed Prucha was more valuable than Crosby. True story. There are a lot of crazy people out there that'll make you think that you're the one on crazy pills. Couple of them are delving right into this very thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
building a team, Stepan.

upgrading a contending team, PAP.

in a vacuum, I'd probably take PAP. A top 10-15 wing is better than a top 25-30 center.
Top-10 winger?

Show me.

By the way, Stepan has played more games in the NHL than PaP when you combine their playoff experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
Avs fan saying Stepan
Banned.

Last edited by Boom Boom Geoffrion*: 03-28-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:35 AM
aemoreira1981

Stepan on his 2-way play.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:16 AM
masterson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
What makes him the better player?

What makes you think Stepan was available for a holdout like RoR?

Some fans once believed Prucha was more valuable than Crosby. True story. There are a lot of crazy people out there that'll make you think that you're the one on crazy pills. Couple of them are delving right into this very thread.

Top-10 winger?

Show me.

By the way, Stepan has played more games in the NHL than PaP when you combine their playoff experience.

Banned.
Ah, Boom Boom jumping in on a thread about a Ranger, defending the Ranger. Shocking.

On a side note, I've noticed a lot of Ranger fans have had it out for Parenteau due to the fact that he once played for them and then went on to put up stellar numbers elsewhere after being written off as a bust. Considering their trouble scoring, and lack of depth, its hard to imagine they don't have any use for his services.

As for the poll, right now its easily Parenteau, 2-3 years out its probably just as easily Stepan.

masterson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:24 AM
masterson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
Stepan on his 2-way play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
I'll keep Stepan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
lol, the 22 year old who is just starting to break out in the NHL and will be a consistent 60-70 point scorer for the next decade who plays very good 2 way hockey , or the 30 year old?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFW View Post
Center vs. winger. Not sure I understand the comparison, but Stepan is the better player. Only 22 years old. Has the potential to become one of the better two-way centers in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Would rather keep Stepan. Can't stand Parenteau or his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Stepan. Absolutely the better player. Also, picking PaP would be too depressing.
And then of course, Boom Boom...

Is there any point to an open poll when the high majority of people rushing in to comment are only concerned with pimping their guy? I mean even if it were a blowout, which this one clearly is not, wouldn't the point of the poll be to see what neutral fans thought. Or is it just to get some imaginary jolly off because you helped "your guy" win a poll on the internet?

masterson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Krams
what a time

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterson View Post
And then of course, Boom Boom...

Is there any point to an open poll when the high majority of people rushing in to comment are only concerned with pimping their guy? I mean even if it were a blowout, which this one clearly is not, wouldn't the point of the poll be to see what neutral fans thought. Or is it just to get some imaginary jolly off because you helped "your guy" win a poll on the internet?
Oh, no! Rangers fans on HFBoards voting in a poll for Derek Stepan! The humanity. Interesting how you neglected to point out the Avs and Isles fans voting for Parenteau. Rangers fans in this specific poll are likely better informed than Avs fans. We've seen Parenteau play first hand, while most Avs fans have probably never bothered to tune into a Rangers game and watch Stepan at work. And the Islanders fans, of course, have an incessant desire to feed their inferiority complex.

See? I can build straw men, too. It's easy.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:27 AM
tony d
ATD 2015

Parentau

03-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Ceremony
Shame ain't worth

vCash: 47656
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
building a team, Stepan.

upgrading a contending team, PAP.

in a vacuum, I'd probably take PAP. A top 10-15 wing is better than a top 25-30 center.
I agree with this

And I like PAP's face.

03-28-2013, 10:31 AM
shinchanyo

I haven't gpotten to watch PA much since he left the rangers and I'd bet money almost all the people in this thread can say the same thing for PA, Step or both. Yet with age, production and position I'd suspect most would take the center.

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:32 AM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Oh, no! Rangers fans on HFBoards voting in a poll for Derek Stepan! The humanity. Interesting how you neglected to point out the Avs and Isles fans voting for Parenteau. Rangers fans in this specific poll are likely better informed than Avs fans. We've seen Parenteau play first hand, while most Avs fans have probably never bothered to tune into a Rangers game and watch Stepan at work. And the Islanders fans, of course, have an incessant desire to feed their inferiority complex.

I think he was aggravated by what a nasty ass Boom was.

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:31 AM
LSnow

PA because he has higher offensive talent, and he is a winger.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Freudian
Still here O'Reilly?

vCash: 0
Parenteau is the better player at the moment but Stepan is younger and plays center. I'm sure most teams would take him.

Weird comparison. You like cars or ice cream more?

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:53 AM
MichaelDelNotto
Likes Hockey

Right now Derek Stepan. He's playing like the heart of the team right now.

MichaelDelNotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Ah, Boom Boom jumping in on a thread about a Ranger, defending the Ranger. Shocking.
Notice how practically all of my posts are regarding my favorite team, versus the majority of your posts are regarding a team you have repeatedly proven to dislike?

Again, you post more about the Rangers than any other team. And you're criticizing me for posting about Rangers-related threads.

Quote:
On a side note, I've noticed a lot of Ranger fans have had it out for Parenteau due to the fact that he once played for them and then went on to put up stellar numbers elsewhere after being written off as a bust. Considering their trouble scoring, and lack of depth, its hard to imagine they don't have any use for his services.

As for the poll, right now its easily Parenteau, 2-3 years out its probably just as easily Stepan.
Aside for offensive-play, P.A isn't anything exciting. He's a small winger who's not physical and doesn't have great defensive instincts.

Stepan is younger, superior defensively, plays a tougher position, and hasn't even come close to scratching his potential.

Reality is, if Stepan was not a Ranger, you wouldn't be posting in this very thread. And you wonder why I like to expose your real agenda on this forum. Again, the majority of your posts are involving a team you clearly dislike. That makes you a troll. Troll.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 12:35 PM
dwanmaster*
Rap Game Adam Banks

Stepan quite easily

dwanmaster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Kershaw

Stepan easily. PAP sucks.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Stepan

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:

You guys watched PAP play 4 years ago, when he was nothing more then an AHLer. This post just shows how little you actually know about his play.

PAP is the better player right now. Better offensive instincts, stronger vision. He can find the open man and slow the game down, aspects Stepan can not do. And PAP has become very good on the Defensive end, on par with Stepan at least.

Stepan is younger, and still has the potential to grow into a #1C, I wish the Avs had him, he is a real good player. But PAP is the better player right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Stepan easily. PAP sucks.

Yea, you're right. His 33 points in 32 games, tied for 15th in the league is just absolutely horrible.

Definitely a strong candidate for an Amnesty buyout this summer.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
Quote:
You guys watched PAP play 4 years ago, when he was nothing more then an AHLer. This post just shows how little you actually know about his play.

PAP is the better player right now. Better offensive instincts, stronger vision. He can find the open man and slow the game down, aspects Stepan can not do. And PAP has become very good on the Defensive end, on par with Stepan at least.

Stepan is younger, and still has the potential to grow into a #1C, I wish the Avs had him, he is a real good player. But PAP is the better player right now.

Yea, you're right. His 33 points in 32 games, tied for 15th in the league is just absolutely horrible.

Definitely a strong candidate for an Amnesty buyout this summer.
If only that was the question being asked here...

03-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 150
Given how close they are, it really comes down to team needs. PAP's offensive abilities seem to be a bit more rare than Stepan's defensive, but that's just my speculation/opinion.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Tralfamadore
So it goes

So a .78 (Stepan) ppg is considered the same production as a 1.03 (PA) ppg now? Parenteau is the better player right now but as a GM you probably take the younger player. The fact that Stepan plays center helps too.

Tralfamadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:03 PM
DanrickBrassardi

Saying parenteau is a top-10 winger is one of the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

DanrickBrassardi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:11 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Top-10 winger?

Show me.
currently 7th in winger scoring. Last season was 18th (1st in assists by RW). Season before 21st. Pretty good, no?

Quote:
We've seen Parenteau play first hand, while most Avs fans have probably never bothered to tune into a Rangers game and watch Stepan at work.
LOL right, we never have a chance to see the Rangers, who play Pittsburgh or Boston EVERY OTHER DAY on NBC.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:

I'm convinced you've never seen Stepan play

PAP sucks defensively,thats a very homerish comment to make too

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Pohlow

PAP, not close for me.

Pohlow is offline   Reply With Quote