HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Dallas-Chicago

Old
03-27-2013, 12:55 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Dallas-Chicago

There seems to be talk of Roy going to Chicago on these boards, but there isn't a central place to discuss it.

My first question is would Chicago give assets to a future division rival?

To Dallas: Brandon Pirri

To Chicago: Derek Roy

Add picks as either side sees fit.

Pirri gets an immediate shot at 2nd or 3rd line center in Dallas, and Chicago gets an upgrade for the playoffs.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief

vCash: 302
I would have no problem with this deal

Although I wish Pirri would have gotten a legit chance with Hawks moving him and a pick or additional prospect would be fine

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:00 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

vCash: 450
As a Stars fan, I'd like more, but I know absolutely nothing about Pirri. Can a person more knowledgable on the player fill me in on his strengths/weaknesses/potential?

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:45 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
As a Stars fan, I'd like more, but I know absolutely nothing about Pirri. Can a person more knowledgable on the player fill me in on his strengths/weaknesses/potential?
He's all offense. I'll admit to not having seen him as frequently as others on this board, but every time I have been impressed by his focus on getting the puck to the net. Can pass, can shoot, can skate... leaves something to be desired defensively. I've had hopes for him to be a 2C for CHI for some time now.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:48 PM
ColdSteel2

vCash: 50
Yeah, this seems about right, and I agree, Pirri may be just as good offensively as Roy but the Hawks never called him up and I don't know why. This could be a great deal for Dallas, but for us, it is too late not to do something to try to win the Cup so I'd make the deal.

ColdSteel2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Sarava

I would think the Hawks would have to add a little. Not sure what though, since they dont have a 2nd or 3rd this year.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief

vCash: 302
Thrown in Olsen or Beach?

Not sure what type of prospect the Stars sytem needs

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:43 PM
hockeydoug

Would Joe N even consider trading within the division?

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:45 PM
The Red Line

Hawks need to add, but not much. Mid pick or middling prospect.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
He's a UFA who is looking to make some serious money, maybe 6x5 or so. I don't think there is much concern that he will sign long term in Chicago given that they have better players who are paid that much or more.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:38 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Thrown in Olsen or Beach?

Not sure what type of prospect the Stars sytem needs
I could see them taking a flyer on Olsen. I'd actually be very satisfied with Pirri + Olsen for Roy.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:39 PM
MurrayBannerman
Incog-Theo

vCash: 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I could see them taking a flyer on Olsen. I'd actually be very satisfied with Pirri + Olsen for Roy.
Likewise.

Could HF finally be reaching a significant, mutually beneficial trade?!

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:42 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

For Dallas fans: Pirri is the highest scorer on a pretty ****ty IceHog team and keep in mind he somehow has more points than AHL vet/rockstar Martin St. Pierre who the Hogs signed to lead the team, which is a good indication of where he's at as a 21 year old. I've watched him in plenty of games and don't think his defense is below average, but it's not above average and the Hawk's staff is all about team play over points.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:48 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

vCash: 450
So I'm intrigued by Pirri. Thanks for the info, a perfect trade for me would be Pirri + 3rd for Roy, but I'd settle for Olsen or Beach or a 2014 3rd.

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:51 PM
TrillMike

I've had my eye on Pirri for a while. I'd really like to see him in Dallas. I think there were some proposals back when Ribiero was still in Dallas involving Pirri on this board.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:52 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
Like someone mentioned, he's not signed beyond this year so GM Joe shouldn't care. If Roy wants to go to CHI, he could go there next year and Dallas could do nothing about it regardless of where he's traded.

What about from Chicago's POV though? Would Chicago feel OK facing Pirri several times a year? That honestly does concern me this could be a deal breaker.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:54 PM
x Tame Impala

Wow if Pirri is all it takes to get Roy then by all means go ahead and do it. Pirri is either a) not good enough to be in the NHL and/or b) not liked enough by Chicago coaching/front office to see NHL ice time.

Get him outta here!

x Tame Impala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:55 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post
I've had my eye on Pirri for a while. I'd really like to see him in Dallas. I think there were some proposals back when Ribiero was still in Dallas involving Pirri on this board.
There should be because I do remember that be discussed either here or on the Dallas board.

I'm so thankful we got Cody Eakin, but I think Pirri could have just as much success in Dallas as Eakin. I've said on the Dallas board that I'd prefer McNeill over Pirri, but I think Dallas fans are right that Pirri could potentially be the better return for Dallas.

If anything, he creates great competition with Eakin for the 2nd/3rd center spot and PP time.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:58 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

What about Pirri + San Jose's 2013 4th?

It'd be a tough deal to swing, given that Dallas and Chicago will be in the same conference/divison next year, but I'd be comfortable giving up Pirri+ for Roy, especially if he resigned with Chicago at a semi-reasonable caphit (4.5-5M per).

Just as a rental, I'd do Pirri + 2013 4th.

For a sign and trade/trade and sign, I'd do Pirri + Olsen.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 03:59 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Like someone mentioned, he's not signed beyond this year so GM Joe shouldn't care. If Roy wants to go to CHI, he could go there next year and Dallas could do nothing about it regardless of where he's traded.

What about from Chicago's POV though? Would Chicago feel OK facing Pirri several times a year? That honestly does concern me this could be a deal breaker.
It would certainly be a mistake to let him go to a Norris rival without even giving him a chance at 2C here but it just seems like there is no indication he'll get a call up, treated like a stepchild.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:09 PM
WhoahNow

While I like Pirri, I just feel like in an open market with lots of contenders looking at Roy that someone is going to offer more than Pirri & a 3rd

WhoahNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:15 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoahNow View Post
While I like Pirri, I just feel like in an open market with lots of contenders looking at Roy that someone is going to offer more than Pirri & a 3rd
There's definitely some logic there, but I don't think Ottawa will step up with a good offer. Also, I don't feel Vancouver and Anaheim have the right pieces to make GM Joe happy.

I think he's going to try and fill the hole immediately created at center with the trade. That means Toronto is the only other place I think we'd have a shot, and that probably means Joe Colborne.

To me, Pirri would seem like the better option.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:19 PM
Martini*

Stan was on WROK in Rockford and gave Pirri a vote of confidence.

Pirri isn't getting traded.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:41 PM
BEL4SEPICMULLET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Stan was on WROK in Rockford and gave Pirri a vote of confidence.

Pirri isn't getting traded.
It will be interesting to see what SB actually does moving forward, though. I thought Pirri looked great in the preseason last year, but didn't do much in the first couple games then was sent down. He went on to be in the top 20 in the AHL in scoring this season and last and hasn't gotten much of a chance since. Q doesn't seem to like him much, and SB seems to like to give guys he's drafted more of a shot than the Tallon picks. Next year Danault and McNeil will be in Rockford and I wouldn't be surprised if Danault got a shot before Pirri.

Roy would be great as a rental if all we're giving up is Pirri and maybe an Olsen level prospect, but neither Pirri nor Roy fit the bill of being bigger centers who are strong on draws...the type of 2C Chicago really needs. I'm not holding my breath for McNeil, as he looks more like a bottom 6er at this point, but it's still obviously really early in his development.

So yeah, I'd be all for this trade, but strictly as a rental, unless Roy just absolutely tears it up for the rest of the year and playoffs. The Blackhawks have an overflow of quality B prospects and it's time to use some to make a cup push now.

BEL4SEPICMULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 50
I'd love Pirri for Roy

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote