HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculation/Be a GM Thread/Go CrAzY!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 12:53 PM
  #426
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
I doubt Holland would want to trade a 1st (but who knows), but I personally wouldn't mind a couple 2nds thrown in like the Douglas Murray deal, one being conditional on a re-signing.
One of Tatar/Nyquist has to be in the deal

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 12:57 PM
  #427
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Is this too much from a Wings fans point of view?
Filpula, Abdeklakder, White, 2nd for Gaborik and Boyle

both Gabby and Boyle have one yr left on their deals
both Filpula and White are UFA. key for the Rangers is Abdelkader and the pick. Plus cap space next yr.
That's horrendous

Championship* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 12:57 PM
  #428
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,824
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
One of Tatar/Nyquist has to be in the deal
Filppula, Tatar/Nyqvist, White, 1st for Gaborik, 3rd, Yogan. If you want Gilroy he is all yours as well. Probably not a dealbreaker though...

BBKers is online now  
Old
03-30-2013, 01:19 PM
  #429
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Filppula, Tatar/Nyqvist, White, 1st for Gaborik, 3rd, Yogan. If you want Gilroy he is all yours as well. Probably not a dealbreaker though...
Take out Yogan and I am in.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 01:19 PM
  #430
Chief
Registered User
 
Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 500
The Rangers need to add, not subtract. These are the types of rentals I'd like to see acquired before the trade deadline. None of them are All Stars but they also shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

Steve Sullivan - versatile vet who would add a little offense to the third line.

E. Nystrom - bottom 6 energy guy that can pop a few goals.

Regehr - I think we need an offesnive Dman more than a defensive one but adding Regehr before the playoffs is not a bad idea.

As far as big splashes, I don't think there are many to be made given the Rangers cap situation.

Chief is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 01:21 PM
  #431
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Filppula, Tatar/Nyqvist, White, 1st for Gaborik, 3rd, Yogan. If you want Gilroy he is all yours as well. Probably not a dealbreaker though...
yea if that can get done you do it. 1st, solid prospect, top 6 LW rental , rental Righty D...........I agree with taking Yogan out and having it just Gaborik, Gilroy

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 01:24 PM
  #432
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 18,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
The Rangers need to add, not subtract. These are the types of rentals I'd like to see acquired before the trade deadline. None of them are All Stars but they also shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

Steve Sullivan - versatile vet who would add a little offense to the third line.

E. Nystrom - bottom 6 energy guy that can pop a few goals.

Regehr - I think we need an offesnive Dman more than a defensive one but adding Regehr before the playoffs is not a bad idea.

As far as big splashes, I don't think there are many to be made given the Rangers cap situation.
No, they need to get a first and whatever other picks/prospects they can without selling young roster players.

Gaborik and Boyle are the only two who should even be considered trade bait.

No rentals. This team isn't winning anything this year.

__________________

rip
Ail is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 01:48 PM
  #433
crashman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Is this too much from a Wings fans point of view?
Filpula, Abdeklakder, White, 2nd for Gaborik and Boyle

both Gabby and Boyle have one yr left on their deals
both Filpula and White are UFA. key for the Rangers is Abdelkader and the pick. Plus cap space next yr.
If I were the GM, I'd make that trade. But the Wings management and Babcock seem to love Abdelkader for some reason, so I doubt they'd deal him. Don't be fooled his recent hat trick game though, he's just a decent 3rd/4th line winger, that's all.

crashman is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 01:50 PM
  #434
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 18,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
If I were the GM, I'd make that trade. But the Wings management and Babcock seem to love Abdelkader for some reason, so I doubt they'd deal him. Don't be fooled his recent hat trick game though, he's just a decent 3rd/4th line winger, that's all.
Yeah if I were the Wings I'd make that trade as well.

That's a horrible proposal that neither Sather nor most Rangers fans would make.

Ail is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 01:51 PM
  #435
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,015
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Is this too much from a Wings fans point of view?
Filpula, Abdeklakder, White, 2nd for Gaborik and Boyle

both Gabby and Boyle have one yr left on their deals
both Filpula and White are UFA. key for the Rangers is Abdelkader and the pick. Plus cap space next yr.
So we downgrade twice at forward for White and a 2nd?

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 01:52 PM
  #436
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Yeah if I were the Wings I'd make that trade as well.

That's a horrible proposal that neither Sather nor most Rangers fans would make.
No kidding. I die a little inside everything when Gaborik is shipped off by Rangers fans for 4th liners and aging depth defensemen.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 01:54 PM
  #437
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
So we downgrade twice at forward for White and a 2nd?
Yeah, that proposal is out the window.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 01:58 PM
  #438
crashman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
One of Tatar/Nyquist has to be in the deal
Yeah, they probably wouldn't be if we're trading Filppula. That's why I suggested a couple high draft picks. We also have Teemu Pulkkinen and Tomas Jurco who I could see getting traded before Tatar or Nyquist.

I really think DET and NYR would be good trade partners though, I just have no idea if the Wings management would be interested in aquiring Gaborik like I am, and I know a player like him doesn't come cheap, regardless of circumstances.

crashman is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 02:02 PM
  #439
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
Yeah, they probably wouldn't be if we're trading Filppula. That's why I suggested a couple high draft picks. We also have Teemu Pulkkinen and Tomas Jurco who I could see getting traded before Tatar or Nyquist.

I really think DET and NYR would be good trade partners though, I just have no idea if the Wings management would be interested in aquiring Gaborik like I am, and I know a player like him doesn't come cheap, regardless of circumstances.
My original proposal had Jurco in it, but Wings fans said he was untouchable, along with Jarnkrok and Sproul.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 02:05 PM
  #440
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Rangers Jackets Proposal


Jarred Boll and 6th and 7th to NYR

Brian Boyle and 3rd (FLA) to Jackets

??

id like Dorsett but doubt Jackets move him.. he is their version of Prust.


someone goes near the goalie someone confronts him, this Rangers team would skate away....


Last edited by Punxrocknyc19*: 03-30-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 02:25 PM
  #441
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,204
vCash: 500
Well I can almost assure you that if Gaborik is traded it won't be for a clear upgrade 1 for 1. But the idea of adding legitimate depth IF he is dealt is what we need to do. Needs to be more than an aging d-man but I do like Flip and think he'd be a good addition, need a first and a can't miss prospect, or some combination. If Boyle is added treat it as a seperate deal for an actual 3rd liner.

You get two depth pieces, one with above average offensive skills. Plus two futures.

Barbara Underhill is online now  
Old
03-30-2013, 02:32 PM
  #442
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,718
vCash: 500
Ok, here comes my crazy;

Gaborik + Florida's 3rd+ Boyle to Colorado for David Jones, Tyson Barrie and either a first or Sami Aittokallio.

Pyatt to Carolina for J. Jokkinen.

I know David Jones has been awful this year but Torts would love him and Colo wants out of the contract ASAP.

White Plains Batman is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 02:37 PM
  #443
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Ok, here comes my crazy;

Gaborik + Florida's 3rd+ Boyle to Colorado for David Jones, Tyson Barrie and either a first or Sami Aittokallio.

Pyatt to Carolina for J. Jokkinen.

I know David Jones has been awful this year but Torts would love him and Colo wants out of the contract ASAP.
id rather have a bigger body with a bit of a mean streak and less of a cap hit... how about Anthony Stewart from Kings. doubt it would take much...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:03 PM
  #444
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,204
vCash: 500
I remember the David Jones love fest of this summer, for that reason alone I say no.

Barbara Underhill is online now  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:38 PM
  #445
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,022
vCash: 500
Awards:
We've left crazy in the dust a long time ago.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 03:59 PM
  #446
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
McLeod and 6th to NYR for Pyatt and 3rd (FLA)???

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 05:15 PM
  #447
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 16,026
vCash: 500
(Insert a bunch of trades here, and bring in a proper coach):

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
N. Foligno/Kreider - Richards - Callahan
Kreider/N. Foligno - Roy - Zuccarello
Asham - Newbury - Haley

Yeah, I can deal with that.


Last edited by silverfish: 03-30-2013 at 05:23 PM.
silverfish is online now  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:44 PM
  #448
Chief
Registered User
 
Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
No, they need to get a first and whatever other picks/prospects they can without selling young roster players.

Gaborik and Boyle are the only two who should even be considered trade bait.

No rentals. This team isn't winning anything this year.
Lundqvist ain't gettin' any younger.

Chief is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 06:59 PM
  #449
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,597
vCash: 500
Since it's largely agreed they miss Prust and the " spark " players like him bring, why don't they just target a player like this.

At the very least we should bring in a Torres type player who will bang, fight, and try and turn a game around with aggression.

Players like this seem to make a real difference in NY, and it's worth not missing the playoffs for lack of a role player agitator.

Going to need one next season anyway...

NikC is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 08:09 PM
  #450
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Since it's largely agreed they miss Prust and the " spark " players like him bring, why don't they just target a player like this.

At the very least we should bring in a Torres type player who will bang, fight, and try and turn a game around with aggression.

Players like this seem to make a real difference in NY, and it's worth not missing the playoffs for lack of a role player agitator.

Going to need one next season anyway...
Go get ott from buffalo please

Vitto79 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.