HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculation/Be a GM Thread/Go CrAzY!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 06:46 AM
  #576
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother
 
Hollywood Hulk Hogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,656
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
None taken, at least you didn't attack me

It's not based on what I'd do, it's based on what they can get for Gabby and might have to take back in a realistic market.

I'd much rather trade him to Detroit with one of Tatar/Nyquvist/Jurco coming back or to Nashville for Wilson +.

With the cap coming down if the Rangers do find a taker for Gabby, they're going to have to take back some kind of underachieving contract if they get prospects or picks.
I agree with you, I just wouldn't trade Gáborík for a fossil dman and a guy on a bad contract who's best days are behind him

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 06:59 AM
  #577
zuckera1
#35
 
zuckera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 432
vCash: 500
Marc Staal for Alexander Semin

zuckera1 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 07:36 AM
  #578
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
Marc Staal for Alexander Semin
Ugh, thats so ugly. Just the words on a message board make me cringe.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 07:45 AM
  #579
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
They need to revamp their bottom-6. They need an identity. Are they going to be big, strong and hard to play against? Skilled? Offensive? Defensive? Their bottom-6 is a mish-mash of players who don't fit. Too slow. No toughness. Ugly.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 07:53 AM
  #580
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
They need to revamp their bottom-6. They need an identity. Are they going to be big, strong and hard to play against? Skilled? Offensive? Defensive? Their bottom-6 is a mish-mash of players who don't fit. Too slow. No toughness. Ugly.
My biggest question is why can't this team develop bottom 6 talent from within?

It seems that every prospect worth noting is touted as having 2nd line upside, which is soaked up by the fanbase on a team starved for offense. If thats everyones upside, then it becomes a bit redundant.

Why is the quest for 3rd/4th liners so difficult? Why do the (usually poor) decisions that fill it always seem to go outside the organization?

This has been a problem for years. You'd figure God's gift to drafting, Gordie Clark, would have this fixed by now.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:10 AM
  #581
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
My biggest question is why can't this team develop bottom 6 talent from within?

It seems that every prospect worth noting is touted as having 2nd line upside, which is soaked up by the fanbase on a team starved for offense. If thats everyones upside, then it becomes a bit redundant.

Why is the quest for 3rd/4th liners so difficult? Why do the (usually poor) decisions that fill it always seem to go outside the organization?

This has been a problem for years. You'd figure God's gift to drafting, Gordie Clark, would have this fixed by now.
I think they did last year, but they lost A LOT of it. I think they will be able to do a better job next year but they seem to lack anyone who can play an aggressive style that is punishing at forward.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:10 AM
  #582
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Ugh, thats so ugly. Just the words on a message board make me cringe.
hahahah lets not just trade players for the sake of trading them.. if mark is traded hes bring back a player like Hall, Ryan, Etc...

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:11 AM
  #583
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
They need to revamp their bottom-6. They need an identity. Are they going to be big, strong and hard to play against? Skilled? Offensive? Defensive? Their bottom-6 is a mish-mash of players who don't fit. Too slow. No toughness. Ugly.
I'd like a mix of speed and grit and preferably a 3rd line that can score.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:13 AM
  #584
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
If the Rangers and Tampa are to make a deal then Malone is coming back 110% guaranteed and Salo might come back as well (righty shooting D). It makes sense for the Rangers needs and also for TBL for cap reasons.

That being said, I'd like to expand this hypothetical trade and try to include one of Boyle/Asham/Pyatt and a 3rd for either Namestenkov, Koekkoek, or Vasilevsky.

So it would go something like;

To TBL; Gaborik, Pyatt, + one of the thirds
To NYR: Malone, Salo, prospect.

TBL get the scorer they need because they're gonna buy out Vinny L and they move two contracts who aren't part of their future.

Rangers get a righty shooting DMan, an injured yet gritty LWer who might be useful next year, and a prospect like a Vasilevsky who can be the heir apparent to Henrik or Namenstenkvov, etc.

It's crazy and I know Malone is captain injury and old but thoughts?

I actually like this trade, we have to get a conditional first and top prospect tho.. if Malone is here and healthy for the season we get a 2nd, but if he misses more then a certain number of games we get there first..

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:32 AM
  #585
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Jerk Store
Country: United States
Posts: 4,440
vCash: 500
I don't necessarily agree with the idea that the NYR are planning on amnesty-ing Richards, which if that's the case you may see a trade for someone just to unload a contract on us, which we would then amnesty, saving the other club the cash.

Riche16 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:34 AM
  #586
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
I'd like a mix of speed and grit and preferably a 3rd line that can score.
Yep. IMO the center ice position is where your most skilled players have to be. If you have a skilled 3rd line center who is relatively defensively responsible, you can add players like Prust, Torres, Clowe who are more grinders and big intimidating presences who can offer some offense and toughness. The center would then have more room to work and be able to distribute the puck.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:35 AM
  #587
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I don't necessarily agree with the idea that the NYR are planning on amnesty-ing Richards, which if that's the case you may see a trade for someone just to unload a contract on us, which we would then amnesty, saving the other club the cash.
Can't. The player had to be under contract when the CBA was signed. The Rangers can not trade for a player to amnesty him for another club.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:47 AM
  #588
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Yep. IMO the center ice position is where your most skilled players have to be. If you have a skilled 3rd line center who is relatively defensively responsible, you can add players like Prust, Torres, Clowe who are more grinders and big intimidating presences who can offer some offense and toughness. The center would then have more room to work and be able to distribute the puck.
Out of all the players we lost I think it's pretty close between Anisimov and Prust as to who we miss most. Anisimov is a versatile center who can move up and down the lineup and generally made his linemates better (Prust and Shelley at least). Kind of why I'd like Filpulla here, could play 3C or 2LW.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:51 AM
  #589
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Out of all the players we lost I think it's pretty close between Anisimov and Prust as to who we miss most. Anisimov is a versatile center who can move up and down the lineup and generally made his linemates better (Prust and Shelley at least). Kind of why I'd like Filpulla here, could play 3C or 2LW.
Anisimov would be perfect for this team.

Soft, timid, and prone to long stretches of invisibility.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:53 AM
  #590
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,325
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Anisimov would be perfect for this team.

Soft, timid, and prone to long stretches of invisibility.
I think you mean Broadway Beaver instead
The good ole Canadian boy pocketing $12M this year...

BBKers is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:54 AM
  #591
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Out of all the players we lost I think it's pretty close between Anisimov and Prust as to who we miss most. Anisimov is a versatile center who can move up and down the lineup and generally made his linemates better (Prust and Shelley at least). Kind of why I'd like Filpulla here, could play 3C or 2LW.
Prust for me was a HUGE factor on this team, however, I think losing him and Fedotenko pretty much killed this teams 3rd line. The identity is lacking on this team. Players like Powe, Asham, Pyatt and to a lesser extent Boyle just aren't getting it done. They don't compliment eachother AT ALL.

MZA, Kreider and Miller are young. I get that. But expecting them to carry a line is not a good idea.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:54 AM
  #592
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Anisimov would be perfect for this team.

Soft, timid, and prone to long stretches of invisibility.
Please. Just because he didn't throw the body every shift doesn't make him soft. He has skill and is good defensively.

Lets get Clowe! Maybe we can get Tkachuk out of retirement. This team needs more slow vets that can play physical!

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:55 AM
  #593
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I think you mean Broadway Beaver instead
The good ole Canadian boy pocketing $12M this year...
Yes, Brad Richards has turned into that over the last 20-25 games.

Anisimov has been that way his entire career.

...and money really has little to do with this conversation

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:57 AM
  #594
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Please. Just because he didn't throw the body every shift doesn't make him soft. He has skill and is good defensively.

Lets get Clowe! Maybe we can get Tkachuk out of retirement. This team needs more slow vets that can play physical!
Lets not.

Lets also not reminisce about players that wouldnt make much of a difference at all.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:58 AM
  #595
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,325
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Yes, Brad Richards has turned into that over the last 20-25 games.

Anisimov has been that way his entire career.

...and money really has little to do with this conversation
Considering the fact that in a salary cap world Bucky has 6,5 times the salary Artie has this season and over 3,5 times the cap hit, yeah, it has to do with money as well

BBKers is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:59 AM
  #596
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 52,156
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Ugh, thats so ugly. Just the words on a message board make me cringe.
Yeah, I want absolutely nothing to do with that.

__________________


"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:00 AM
  #597
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Lets not.

Lets also not reminisce about players that wouldnt make much of a difference at all.
Cause that's what I was doing, please point out where I even suggested bringing him back. Pretty sure all I said was he and Prust are the two players we probably miss the most. Honorable mention to Feds. AA on the 3rd line is a clear upgrade to Miller. Shame on me for liking a player who isn't known for his jam.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:00 AM
  #598
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Considering the fact that in a salary cap world Bucky has 6,5 times the salary Artie has this season and over 3,5 times the cap hit, yeah, it has to do with money as well
I guess what Im trying to get at is it makes zero sense to start taking shots at Brad Richards during a conversation about someone who also wouldnt be helping the Rangers right now.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:06 AM
  #599
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,325
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I guess what Im trying to get at is it makes zero sense to start taking shots at Brad Richards during a conversation about someone who also wouldnt be helping the Rangers right now.
Fine, gotcha. I see no difference between apples and oranges here in the vodka fumes of a Polish Easter with a foot of new overnight snow really pulling an April Fools joke on us poor fools situated here.

BBKers is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:06 AM
  #600
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
I think Torres and Clowe will end up in NY before the deadline is over. Pyatt will be gone. Powe/Boyle will be gone as well. Just a feeling I get. Clowe will sign an extension as well.

NYR Viper is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.