HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Oilers taking calls on Ales Hemsky

Old
03-29-2013, 09:10 AM
Paralyzer008

vCash: 500
I can see Hemsky + Whitney moving to Boston for Caron and a 1st. I can also tell you Oilers fans won't like that deal, and neither do I for Edmonton, but that may end up being the case.

Paralyzer008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:10 AM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs1habs0 View Post
Correction - teams have been avoiding making a commitment to him because they know he is injury-prone, and they know he's not worth a 5M cap hit for a guy who has averaged playing only 46 games over the past three seasons.
Maybe do some research . He was injured for 2 years with shoulder problems . He been injury free for almost 2 years . most of last year and all of this year , getting close to 140 games . Yes he had minor things before , but he almost missed 2 years with the shoulder issue .
So by your statement Gardiner is worthless , he been Concussed and has not been able to crack the leafs line up since and going by stats the leafs D is worse then ours. Every GM laughs at the leafs value they put on the guy . He worth a 4 or 5 rd pick . See i can do it to . I covered the stats and the injury on your player .

McSuper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Brock Radunske
안양종합운동장 빙상장

vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I can see Boston having an interest in him. Would probably cost them Malcolm Subban among others but right now Boston does need a winger in a big way.
There's no way they'd give up Subban for Hemsky. Hemsky will stay with the Oilers until he can be dealt as a rental for a contending team. The only team I can think that might be interested now would be Nashville.

Brock Radunske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Brock Radunske
안양종합운동장 빙상장

vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
I can see Hemsky + Whitney moving to Boston for Caron and a 1st. I can also tell you Oilers fans won't like that deal, and neither do I for Edmonton, but that may end up being the case.
That's actually pretty realistic.

Brock Radunske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:13 AM
MikeK

vCash: 50
Quote:
I can see Boston having an interest in him. Would probably cost them Malcolm Subban among others but right now Boston does need a winger in a big way.
No chance Boston has any interest in Hemsky. look at their current and past rosters and you should be able to see that Hemsky is not a Bruins type of player. Hemsky still has another year left on his current contract that will hurt is trade value as well. If Hemsky is traded it will be next years TD.

And for Subban? Get real.

MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:22 AM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
The Oilers have repeatedly said that they haven't actively shopped Hemsky. Yet, the rumors about him are always there. Why? Because other teams want him, but don't want to pay the price, which is high because Hemsky is a great offensive player. Which is why teams continue to call and ask about him. You need to stop making things up.

Oh, and by the way, nice stat twisting. Picking and choosing numbers without depth explanations shows that you know nothing when it comes to Hemsky.

1. Ales Hemsky has had two major injuries in his career, his shoulders. Since he had his surgeries, he has only missed games due to recovery time, not injury. Despite taking some big hits.

2. Between two NHL seasons, the World Championships, and pro hockey in the Czech league, Hemsky has played over 100 games against professional players without getting injured. Not nearly the "injury prone" player you think. But nice try.
3. Last time i checked it was 132 games he played , so i think it getting close to 140 now . Almost 2 years worth of games

Old
03-29-2013, 09:26 AM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
After the Iginla deal EDM would be lucky to get a 2nd. Some of you need to get out of the old mentality that players are going to return a kings ransom. The cap structure has killed any chance of teams willing to trade the farm for players anymore. It's these young players making minimum that are worth more...especially for a player like Hemsky. Yes he's an good NHL player but he's no elite level player. Not even close.
After the Murray deal we should get 2 1st plus

Old
03-29-2013, 09:32 AM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
I guess you know nothing . This makes us look bad . The BB GM has said he is not trading Subban . He is not the type of GM that will say something and do something else . People need to use some common sense when posting .

Old
03-29-2013, 09:32 AM
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
After the Murray deal we should get 2 1st plus
Let us know how that turns out for you.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Seachd

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Let us know how that turns out for you.
You haven't yet responded with anything to back up your claim that the Oilers have been trying to "dump" Hemsky for years.

Anyway, comparing this situation to the Iginla one is ridiculous because of how different the situations are. Literally nothing between them is similar.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
People need to use some common sense when posting .
You post this 6 minutes after suggesting Hemsky is worth two 1sts.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:45 AM
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
You post this 6 minutes after suggesting Hemsky is worth two 1sts.
LOL. Crazy talk

Old
03-29-2013, 10:00 AM
jokerboysmith

Quote:
This sounds about right, perhaps Bartowski is included also.

jokerboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Kevin8se7en
Ooohhh can do!

Edmonton should trade him. He will have little trade value next year, and they need some size anyways.

Note: Don't forget that EDM is only 3 points out of a playoff spot.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Aceboogie

would only trade for size, if not I wouldnt trade him, he is still a sick hockey player and looking as good as ever. Need him for a playoff push

Its hard to gauge value since he has had injury concerns, but on a contender he would add a very dynamic piece

Aceboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:46 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
Edmonton should trade him. He will have little trade value next year, and they need some size anyways.

With Oilers being only 3pts out, you would think the Oilers would want to keep Hemsky and if a team wanted him they would have to pay a premium, a price that would help the Oilers this season and the Oilers future. If Hemsky remains healthy next season, you would think his value would increase.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:02 PM
McArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
With Oilers being only 3pts out, you would think the Oilers would want to keep Hemsky and if a team wanted him they would have to pay a premium, a price that would help the Oilers this season and the Oilers future. If Hemsky remains healthy next season, you would think his value would increase.
If they win tonight the only trades I see will be picking up rentals for the playoffs.

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post

I hate to break it to Oiler fans, but this team still has to play Anaheim 3 times, Chicago, LA, Minnesota twice, Vancouver 3 times...it's really unlikely

Paralyzer008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:16 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
If they win tonight the only trades I see will be picking up rentals for the playoffs.
Looking at the schedule, I cannot see how anyone could see the Oilers making the playoffs. The remaining 15 games, 10 of them are against the Ducks(3), Canucks(3), Wild(2), Hawks(1) and the Kings(1). IMO you don't make trades for rentals with a schedule like that.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
I hate to break it to Oiler fans, but this team still has to play Anaheim 3 times, Chicago, LA, Minnesota twice, Vancouver 3 times...it's really unlikely
Agreed. I have no problem wheeling Hemmer for futures as long as we get a 1st in return. Anything beyond that would be great, but I don't expect it. I don't see us being that much better with him than without, in the sense that without him we could give Yak more ice-time/top 6 opportunities AND have a grittier player in the bottom 6.

The people that complain about picks or prospects as a return seem to overlook the fact that our current team make up just isn't working. We need more size, crash and bang in our bottom 6. Currently Yakupov is a 3rd liner. Not much to understand here. Hemsky could help a number of playoff bound teams lacking in skill, but he isn't the difference between us making it or not. A trade for a pick/prospect/both doesn't have to be about the future, they could be flipped again on draft day for a roster upgrade as teams prepare for UFA frenzy and a lowering cap. But it's all about timing, and right now the teams that would have interest in Hemmer aren't looking to subtract from their current roster. I value the roster spot (ie added ice time and role for Yakupov) as much as I value what we'd be getting in return for Hemmer.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:46 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Agreed. I have no problem wheeling Hemmer for futures as long as we get a 1st in return. Anything beyond that would be great, but I don't expect it. I don't see us being that much better with him than without, in the sense that without him we could give Yak more ice-time/top 6 opportunities AND have a grittier player in the bottom 6.

The people that complain about picks or prospects as a return seem to overlook the fact that our current team make up just isn't working. We need more size, crash and bang in our bottom 6. Currently Yakupov is a 3rd liner. Not much to understand here. Hemsky could help a number of playoff bound teams lacking in skill, but he isn't the difference between us making it or not. A trade for a pick/prospect/both doesn't have to be about the future, they could be flipped again on draft day for a roster upgrade as teams prepare for UFA frenzy and a lowering cap. But it's all about timing, and right now the teams that would have interest in Hemmer aren't looking to subtract from their current roster. I value the roster spot (ie added ice time and role for Yakupov) as much as I value what we'd be getting in return for Hemmer.
People forget that picks can be trade also for players as well, I do agree about Yakupov.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Psychoil

Quote:
People forget that picks can be trade also for players as well, I do agree about Yakupov.
yeah absolutely, and i'd rather get a roster player in return, someone like a troy brouwer who can play in ur top 9, versatile with some real grit

Psychoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:
Blum or Josi are not options for the Oilers, Oilers have Marincin, and Gernat as LHS D in the system. Both skate well, above average puck handling skills, and big boming shots. The big question is how does Klefbom fit in next year. More important for the Oilers to fix the problem they have at C then their D.
Blum is a RHD and TBH beyond Klefbom and Marincin, I'm not holding out any hope that any of our other young D will be ready to make the big club in the next 2 seasons with the exception of Teubert as a #7.

Quote:
Ouch, that's a tough schedule.

03-29-2013, 01:13 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Blum is a RHD and TBH beyond Klefbom and Marincin, I'm not holding out any hope that any of our other young D will be ready to make the big club in the next 2 seasons with the exception of Teubert as a #7.

Ouch, that's a tough schedule.
Not sold on Blum and the Oilers have more of a need of a PMD LHS D, since Petry and J.Schultz are both righties. Teubert needs to get his act together or he's going to be left behind. Your forgetting about Bigos, haven't heard much about him lately, but he could be a option, he's just has to stand in front of the net and nothing would get near it.

That's not including the games against the Flames and Coyotes, which are always tough.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Homesick

vCash: 2259
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerboysmith View Post
This sounds about right, perhaps Bartowski is included also.
Bartowski is an AHL defenseman and thats it........fugly

Quote:
Looking at the schedule, I cannot see how anyone could see the Oilers making the playoffs. The remaining 15 games, 10 of them are against the Ducks(3), Canucks(3), Wild(2), Hawks(1) and the Kings(1). IMO you don't make trades for rentals with a schedule like that.
Hawks should not be included when discussing the Oilers opposition. I could say the Canucks and Kings too. The terrific trio is back!

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote