HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eugene Melnyk says he'll prove Cooke on Karlsson was intentional

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 07:02 PM
  #501
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,776
vCash: 500
Eugene Melnyk is a idiot.

Drij is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 07:59 PM
  #502
Ewan McGregor
Registered User
 
Ewan McGregor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,939
vCash: 500
This is his legacy now. CSI Melnyk.

Ewan McGregor is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:07 PM
  #503
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,287
vCash: 900
You know, science can do some pretty crazy things these days. Forensics is getting crazier by the day. Maybe the evidence isn't subjective, and Melnyk really can conclusively prove intent. I don't think any of us are that up to date on forensic science to definitively say otherwise.

GetThePuckOut is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:12 PM
  #504
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity
 
Tyskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Eugene Melnyk is a idiot.
Explain please.

Tyskie is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:18 PM
  #505
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,287
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRagingBolshevik View Post
So you truly, as a person, feel that Matt Cooke did this on purpose?
I swear some people must have had some sheltered upbringings, to not realize that there are in fact many people in this world capable of that type of malice. The kind of naivete some people have, to automatically assume that he just wouldn't do something like that, is staggering.

There's a lot of messed up people in this world, and some of them play hockey. That's a fact.

GetThePuckOut is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:18 PM
  #506
BigZKingK
Registered User
 
BigZKingK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Eugene Melnyk is a idiot.
That not nice...

Personaly as a Sens fans i think Melnyk is Hilarious

BigZKingK is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:22 PM
  #507
Lionel Mandrake
Generic user
 
Lionel Mandrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In the shadows
Country: Canada
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
I'm only going to take Melnyk seriously on this forensic study if he reveals the shocking truth from his batcave, with full gear on.

Lionel Mandrake is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:28 PM
  #508
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,309
vCash: 500
Maybe it isn't so hard to make a forensic case for the stomp as intentional if you figure out how much force is required to slice that many layers and at the angle it was done in plus the pressure exerted by a stomping foot. I mean if the PSI or whatever it takes to do such damage is something like the equivalent to a curb stomp or something egregious, I'm sure those findings would be interesting.

Stephen is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:32 PM
  #509
Elever
Hth
 
Elever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,480
vCash: 500
Pay scientists to prove your point. Pens owner should hire them to show that it was accidental.

No different from the pro and anti global warming lobbyists.

Elever is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:32 PM
  #510
Mondello
Makin' the scene...
 
Mondello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PGH, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZKingK View Post
That not nice...

Personaly as a Sens fans i think Melnyk is Hilarious
"Idiot" might be too strong. How about "buffoon?"

Mondello is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:34 PM
  #511
hadrian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
I swear some people must have had some sheltered upbringings, to not realize that there are in fact many people in this world capable of that type of malice. The kind of naivete some people have, to automatically assume that he just wouldn't do something like that, is staggering.

There's a lot of messed up people in this world, and some of them play hockey. That's a fact.
Who said he "wouldn't" intentionally do something like that? People just stated the fact that he "didn't" do it intentionally.

Believing that Cooke is a boogeyman who has developed never-before-seen goon skills is way, way more naive than thinking he didn't intentionally cut someone.

hadrian is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:39 PM
  #512
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,148
vCash: 500
He has got to stop.

He is making himself look like an idiot.

Sergei Shirokov is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:44 PM
  #513
Corban
.
 
Corban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
I almost feel embarrassed for him.

What a joke this guy is.

Corban is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:45 PM
  #514
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban View Post
I almost feel embarrassed for him.

What a joke this guy is.
He does certainly come across as a huge whiner, especially considering how heroically his roster has dealt with the set back...

Stephen is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:49 PM
  #515
teleman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
It should be easy to prove Cooke sharpened his skates before he did it.

teleman is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:53 PM
  #516
ryanwb
Registered User
 
ryanwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
Pay scientists to prove your point. Pens owner should hire them to show that it was accidental.

No different from the pro and anti global warming lobbyists.


Just a SLIGHT bit different.

ryanwb is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:54 PM
  #517
Frank the Tank
The Oiler Tankers
 
Frank the Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,583
vCash: 500
He has a new case... Neil had the back of his leg caught by a skate.

Frank the Tank is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:54 PM
  #518
Corban
.
 
Corban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
He does certainly come across as a huge whiner, especially considering how heroically his roster has dealt with the set back...
Good point. Rather than putting the issue behind him, and looking towards a playoff run, he decides to pull the CSI card. Great leadership.

Corban is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:56 PM
  #519
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
It was an innocent play that resulted in an unfortunate injury.

Eugene, go home.


Last edited by spiny norman: 03-28-2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: not needed
Lux Aurumque* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:00 PM
  #520
The Expert
Registered Expert
 
The Expert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Jersey
Posts: 11,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1135 View Post
Interesting.
best first response.

The Expert is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:02 PM
  #521
starling
Registered User
 
starling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Eugene is awesome.

starling is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:18 PM
  #522
BigZKingK
Registered User
 
BigZKingK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 854
vCash: 500
so Neil got hurt

@BonksMullet Breaking: New results from the Eugene Melnyk Crime Lab.



Credit to Niv on the sens boards

BigZKingK is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:18 PM
  #523
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
He's got a second case to look into now.

Tatanik is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:22 PM
  #524
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,239
vCash: 500
Even if he can prove it, what can they do? They already ruled "no suspension@ a month ago. You know, when it happened

mapes is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 09:24 PM
  #525
Jacob
Registered User
 
Jacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 26,144
vCash: 500
This isn't embarrassing for himself or the Ottawa franchise at all.

Jacob is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.