HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eugene Melnyk says he'll prove Cooke on Karlsson was intentional

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Beau Knows
Captain Canada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
Elaborate please.
The injury happened a month and a half ago, why do this now? A forensic investigation funded by an biased party will surely get Cooke suspended a month and a half later . Just let it go, Melnyk.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
How is that embassing ?
How do you think the NHL is going to react when Melnyk's team of experts presents their forgone conclusion?

It's over. It's done. The NHL already decided what has happened acted accordingly.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Sensatauro

I want to be shocked. I Want to think this was a joke. Yet I am not really shocked, and this is not a joke.

What does this prove? What kind of precedence is he trying to bring to light? This seems like a really bizarre case of a bad tv show plot, rather then a professional sports teams entertainment business actions.

This is a guy who goes on and say the team is on a budget, and is out there spending an obscene amount of money on this "study" of his. Seems kind of contradictory.

The most baffling part about all this, is how confident Melnyk is here. This is a man who as "crazy" as he is, has made a fortune for a reason. He's got something up his sleeve.

The question now becomes, what this something is....cue the end episode 1 of the #csisens

Old
03-27-2013, 07:07 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
I love Melnyk.

How many of you can say they know your team's owner, lol.

This guy makes cheering for Ottawa that much more appealing.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Pitlick*

Euge is like the super passionate fan who is an intense homer. Plus he likes to have a few drinks and call his favourite radio station. This is not the craziest thing he's said before.

Haha, he does sound obsessed with Cooke. I wonder when the Heatley lawsuit will be settled? Then there were the cryptic comments during the lockout showing impatience and opposition the the lockout. He's like Mark Cuban with Caribbean rum, and no rinkside seats.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:08 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway to Cap Hell View Post
How do you think the NHL is going to react when Melnyk's team of experts presents their forgone conclusion?

It's over. It's done. The NHL already decided what has happened acted accordingly.
I'm picturing it right now, Bettman with Fehr and Shanahan while Melnyk comes in with 30 forensic doctors in their suits, lmao. This is too funny.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:09 PM
janecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuernberger View Post
How do you forensically prove intent?
By carefully analyzing a large number of similar plays on the boards you might reach a point where the probability for intent is extremely high. I'd be very interested in the results of such analysis.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:09 PM
vanwest

Cooke took out Karlsson behind the grassy knoll in Dallas. Just after he faked the moon landing.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:10 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I know he lost his star player to a guy with a dirty history. But it was a freak play that resulted into injury. Not intentional.

He's wasting his time/money. He should just give up and shut his mouth at this point.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:10 PM
FightingIrish
Total Lak of Respek

vCash: 934
Inb4 he gets sent to prison, kills a man with a fork, Gets put in solitary confinement, Cooke ends up being tortured.
..But who did it.. Melnyk was in prison the whole time.

Last edited by FightingIrish: 03-27-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old
03-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
Not true. He's embarrassing the entire organization, fans, and the city of Ottawa.

I'd be furious if I was a Sens fan.
Why is it embarrassing?

Old
03-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Papaspud
Bring on...

You guys may "goofing" on him, but ask yourself this: Is he crazy, angry, and obsessed enough to have someone go after Crosby in retaliation for what he believes was an intentional and malicious stomp?

Old
03-27-2013, 07:13 PM
ByeBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by janecky View Post
By carefully analyzing a large number of similar plays on the boards you might reach a point where the probability for intent is extremely high. I'd be very interested in the results of such analysis.
Yeah no. This method at best proves that this kind of play happens very often or not very often. Nothing more and nothing less.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
Not true. He's embarrassing the entire organization, fans, and the city of Ottawa.

I'd be furious if I was a Sens fan.
Well as a Sens fan, I can say that I love it.

#TeamEuge

Old
03-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Sureves

Good on Melnyk. I'm not convinced Cooke did it intentionally, but why people think that it's impossible to develop a scientifically supportable argument that the amount of force exerted by Cooke was stronger, or at a differnet angle, than someone simply falling would have likely exerted is beyond me.

Oh and he's a billionaire. Pretty sure he can afford the best analysis.

But yeah, let's instead talk about how "embarrassing" it is for an NHL owner to stand up and do all he can to look into whether or not the best player the franchise has ever seen was intentionally injured.

Yeah. Total embarrassment. Wish we had an owner who didn't give a **** about our team at all and just sat back and collected a paycheck.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:17 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
ITT: A bunch of posters with no education.

Good on Melnyk. I'm not convinced Cooke did it intentionally, but why people think that it's impossible to develop a scientifically supportable argument that the amount of force exerted by Cooke was stronger, or at a differnet angle, than someone simply falling would have likely exerted is beyond me.

But yeah, let's instead talk about how "embarrassing" it is for an NHL owner to stand up and do all he can to look into whether or not the best player the franchise has ever seen was intentionally injured.

Yeah. Total embarrassment. Wish we had an owner who didn't give a **** about our team at all and just sat back and collected a paycheck.
The guys nuttier than a fruitcake.

Old
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:

You can analysis it to death, you can't prove intent. That's why all the LOL's.

Old
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Did he call the police yet?

Old
03-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Magix

Love melnyk, guy cares about this team and players. Unlike the leafs owners. (just an example)

at the comments "omg this is like so embarrassing, what an idiot blah blah blah blah". I would say some of the reactions in here are idiotic and pathetic.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:18 PM
vanwest

Forensic results just came in!
It was Colonel Mustard in the library with a candlestick.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

As a Sens fan, I don't find it embarrassing at all.

Simply put, he's the Mark Cuban of the NHL and I absolutely love him for that. We acknowledge that he's a bit crazy, but that's one of the reasons we love him.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Beau Knows
Captain Canada

Quote:

Calm down .

You don't don't think that hiring a team of forensic investigators to look into an incident that happened a month and a half ago is bizarre?

Old
03-27-2013, 07:20 PM
bpower

Play looked intentional to me... definitely not an Ottawa fan either.

No one goes in to the boards with their skate like that.

Old
Gumbercules

It is impossible to say whether Cooke did it or not on purpose. Only he knows for sure.

One thing I know for sure, just like any "study/investigation" completed in any other facet of life (ex: government, pharmaceutical), the result of the study will support the opinion of the guy who funded it.

Old
Plante

That step looked intentional to me too, I guess dirty is as dirty does.

Closed Thread