HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Around The League LIX

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 04:04 AM
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik

vCash: 500
We shoulda offered a 1st and a couple **** spects for Iggy

Old
03-28-2013, 04:16 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Corey Perry suckerpunch on Dan Boyle
(3 seconds in)
http://video.sharks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hcatid=852&id=230210&navid=DL|SJS|home

Sharks fans flipped **** on the mainboards and the thread got closed. I don't think it was that bad, but Perry still is a pos

Dan Boyle post game

http://video.sharks.nhl.com/videocen...30252&navid=TW

Old
03-28-2013, 04:41 AM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Corey Perry suckerpunch on Dan Boyle
(3 seconds in)
http://video.sharks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hcatid=852&id=230210&navid=DL|SJS|home

Sharks fans flipped **** on the mainboards and the thread got closed. I don't think it was that bad, but Perry still is a pos

Dan Boyle post game

http://video.sharks.nhl.com/videocen...30252&navid=TW
Totally uncalled for and completely idiotic... he punches him instead of catching up to Wingles who scores on the odd man rush. Somebody really needs to beat his ass.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:43 AM
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate

Flames get that all important 1st rounder...

Man...
I am speechless.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:23 AM
SniggidySnipes

My flames fan buddy seems to think Iggy is going to sign with Calgary again when he turns UFA... The denial that comes with being a flames fan is amazing.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Grumbler

I like how boston got trolled thinking they got inginla.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Jumex

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniggidySnipes View Post
My flames fan buddy seems to think Iggy is going to sign with Calgary again when he turns UFA... The denial that comes with being a flames fan is amazing.
I was thinking how long it would be until I heard this.

Although I do wonder where Iggy will end up next season?

Old
03-28-2013, 08:22 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumex View Post
I was thinking how long it would be until I heard this.

Although I do wonder where Iggy will end up next season?
Probably stay in Pittsburgh. The radio here this morning in Calgary was depressing as hell. Suicide rates are going to be up here.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Probably stay in Pittsburgh. The radio here this morning in Calgary was depressing as hell. Suicide rates are going to be up here.
saying you want to rebuild and the reality of how long and painful a rebuild can be are two totally different things

feaster probably could've done better in the deal but there's no way flames fans thought that an iginla trade, a move hyped up for almost half a decade as a potential formative moment for the franchise, would yield just 2 above average us college players and a very low 1st round pick

Old
03-28-2013, 09:07 AM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniggidySnipes View Post
The radio show this morning made a special point of mentioning that there's virtually no chance of that happening.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Jumex

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tripper View Post
saying you want to rebuild and the reality of how long and painful a rebuild can be are two totally different things

feaster probably could've done better in the deal but there's no way flames fans thought that an iginla trade, a move hyped up for almost half a decade as a potential formative moment for the franchise, would yield just 2 above average us college players and a very low 1st round pick
In reality - they've dealt a year too late.

They'd be wise to sell Bouwmeester to DRW before the deadline. If they could get a 1st+ for him it may help the rebuild. If you're going to sell, you might as well sell big this year - given they're isn't many sellers this year.

3 Firsts in a draft like this years could be a strong start.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:12 AM
PRNuck

Lol the "voice of the flames" just choked up talking about Iggy. I don't like that guy.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoewsables View Post
The first being conditional in the Boston deal is what brings it down. What were the chances of Iginla actually re-signing with Boston after this season? Probably slim to none. That leaves a potential second line center and #6 defenseman coming back to Calgary.

I like Khokhlachev as a prospect, but it's not hard to see why Feaster would prefer two decent prospects and a 1st rounder over that. The first rounder is more than likely going to be very late, but this should be a deep draft, and I imagine the Flames expect that they can nab a prospect with similar upside to Khokhlachev with that pick.
The 2003 draft was considered a pretty deep one (doubt there was one deeper - higher end ones but not as full of decent to great NHLers) - and there was still a few duds near the end of the 1st round there.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:38 AM
PRNuck

Stupid Calgary not playing Jim Rome so they can continue covering Iggy-gate ><

Old
03-28-2013, 09:45 AM
yoss

Basking in the glory of the Iginla debacle. Hahahahaha!

Thank you Jesus I can now cheer for one of my all time favourite non-Canuck players to get a Cup. Thank you Iggy, you deserve better than Boston. Would have left a gross taste in my mouth to see him in a Bruins uni.

Maybe if he's a rental and Pens can't afford to hold onto him Nucks might have a shot at him in the off season? Only sore point for me of the trade is he's not a Canuck.

Penguins are looking scary, playoffs in the east this year will be interesting to watch.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:56 AM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoss View Post
Basking in the glory of the Iginla debacle. Hahahahaha!

Thank you Jesus I can now cheer for one of my all time favourite non-Canuck players to get a Cup. Thank you Iggy, you deserve better than Boston. Would have left a gross taste in my mouth to see him in a Bruins uni.

Maybe if he's a rental and Pens can't afford to hold onto him Nucks might have a shot at him in the off season? Only sore point for me of the trade is he's not a Canuck.

Penguins are looking scary, playoffs in the east this year will be interesting to watch.
Since I now have a vested interest in the Pens, I'd like to see them pick up another solid D acquisition.

I still can't believe they got Iggy without giving up Bennett.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Iggy might have tied Feaster's hand in choosing where to deal him (maybe he didn't want to go to Boston). That really limits his options.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:00 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Iggy might have tied Feaster's hand in choosing where to deal him (maybe he didn't want to go to Boston). That really limits his options.
How does Boston end up on his list though? I can't see Iggy and Meehan doing that, it really served no purpose to them to include teams he wouldn't go to.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:07 AM
yoss

Quote:
This is my favourite part of it all. Good call Jarome.

Not in the western conference, and not a Boston Bruin, win win situation. And the way it played out was a thing of beauty hahahaha! Yes.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
How does Boston end up on his list though? I can't see Iggy and Meehan doing that, it really served no purpose to them to include teams he wouldn't go to.
Yeah probably just wishful thinking on my part - though the rumored Boston offer did seem to be better than what the Pens gave.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:41 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Yeah probably just wishful thinking on my part - though the rumored Boston offer did seem to be better than what the Pens gave.
I remember liking Hanowski during the 2009 draft. Goal scoring forward with size, but still nothing to write home about.

The non-conditional first is the centerpiece.

Calgary could very well end up with another couple 1st's and multiple 2nd's by the time is all said and done.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

One Flames fan's take on welcoming the two new guys...

Quote:
If Iginla is back in a few months then I welcome them then. If Iginla is gone for good then they might as well be wearing Canucks jerseys.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Intoewsables

vCash: 717
Quote:
The 2003 draft was considered a pretty deep one (doubt there was one deeper - higher end ones but not as full of decent to great NHLers) - and there was still a few duds near the end of the 1st round there.
Hence the italicized "should". Nothing is a guarantee with the draft, but there do seem to be some really intriguing players in the 25-30 area.

By the way, wasn't the 2003 draft considered pretty average at the time? I think a lot of those players near the end of the first round were thought of as low upside guys who ended up panning out very well (for the most part). Could be wrong though.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:14 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tripper View Post

Just wanted to quote your post because you make such an essential point.

All the talk about blowng things up and doing a total rebuild always "sounds like a good idea" at the time.

But the reality of a five or six years watching your team suck on a regular basis takes a huge toll on a fan base...and then add in the four/five years your team sucks BEFORE management finally does something...for example, Calgary has been reall bad for a few years nowand management always promised a playoff team before the season started...and thenthe inevitable season ending crash.

So the fans think a rebuild is a quck way to tuen it around.

But...

There are teams that wander forever in the wilderness (NYI) and then there are teams that go through a five year re build and find out their team sucks just as badly as it did before the rebuild (Edmonton Oilers). Horrile to have to watch that year after year.

It's frustrating to watch what the Canucks have been through the last year and a half, but before we fire the coah, fire the GM with the demand that we blow it all up, start over, etc., it is probably best to look at what has happened to our Alberta rivals and then remember what the Canucks have been like for most of the team's history.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:17 AM
yoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Since I now have a vested interest in the Pens, I'd like to see them pick up another solid D acquisition.

Only real way I see Pens not making a run this post season is if goal tending becomes an issue again. That Pens-Flyers series last year was one of the most ridiculous, entertaining and yet mutually horrible goal tending performances I have ever witnessed all at the same time.

Not too familiar with their defensemen other than Letang.

Closed Thread