HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What if Rask didn't re sign this offseason?

Old
03-30-2013, 03:52 AM
Nose Face Killah
It's Tuukka Time

vCash: 500
What if Rask didn't re sign this offseason?

What would we do in terms of goaltending? Have Dobby start or call up Svedberg?

Nose Face Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:19 AM
Aucoin11*

He was a RFA

Aucoin11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:28 AM
Krishna

He's an RFA and unless he's tendered an offersheet that gives the bruins 4 1sts, I can't see the bruins letting go of him.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:20 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Rask is an RFA he's not going anywhere unless the B's want him to.

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:42 AM
corpfan1

Doubt Rask will get tendered THAT MUCH...here are the categories:

$1,110,249 or below: None
Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194: Third-round choice
Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391: Second-round choice
Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585: First-round and third-round choice
Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781: First-round, second-round and third-round choice
Over $6,728,781 to $8,410,976: Two first-round choices, one second- and one third-round choice
Over $8,410,976: Four first-round choices

Source: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...ensation-rules

Would be nice though to get the 1st, 2nd and 3rd from someone...as would likely be the compensation for Rask unless someone offered something out of this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
He's an RFA and unless he's tendered an offersheet that gives the bruins 4 1sts, I can't see the bruins letting go of him.

corpfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:23 AM
wetcamelfood

OT but what if Burke offer sheeted Kessel, who was the Leafs 3rd round pick that year? Just curious to see who we would've got instead of Hamilton (not to say Chia would've taken the same player the Leafs would have in the 3rd round but...) Seguin, Knight and (?)

wetcamelfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
OT but what if Burke offer sheeted Kessel, who was the Leafs 3rd round pick that year? Just curious to see who we would've got instead of Hamilton (not to say Chia would've taken the same player the Leafs would have in the 3rd round but...) Seguin, Knight and (?)
They took Greg McKegg who was a good scorer in JR and has really good offensive upside, but might not have enough of anything else to become an NHL player.

However, just a couple of picks after him, Tampa drafted Radko Gudas... a total Bruins kind of guy.6' fireplug of a dman with a nasty disposition and an awesome beard. He's getting his first taste of the NHL this year. Imgaine a McQuaid type, not as big, maybe a little more upside.

Another guy, drafted later in that round, I really liked is Stanislav Galiev. But it seems like he hasn't progressed as much as one would hope. He's having a good year in the ECHL, (over pt per game) but one would have liked to have seen him at least be in the AHL. Could blossom but more likely not.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:58 AM
ODAAT

What if Tuukka doesn`t convince Chia and Co he can win during the playoffs?? Whether or not Tuukka is re-signed, IMO, completely depends on how Rask plays when it counts, and that ain`t in a 48 game schedule, it all comes down to post season play, ball is in his court

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:00 AM
Dr Quincy

If for some reason Rask left (offer sheet or they can't agree to a deal and thus trade him) there are other Gs on the market. I don't see them going with Khudo and Svedberg. Instead they would resign Khudo and either trade for someone or sign a UFA themselves (Mike Smith, Backstrom, Jimmy Howard). But I don't see any of that happening.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:03 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
If for some reason Rask left (offer sheet or they can't agree to a deal and thus trade him) there are other Gs on the market. I don't see them going with Khudo and Svedberg. Instead they would resign Khudo and either trade for someone or sign a UFA themselves (Mike Smith, Backstrom, Jimmy Howard). But I don't see any of that happening.
I`ll be honest Quincy, Chia making Subban his 1st round pick told me a ton. Just not convinced that was a depth pick, and with the apparent strong play from Sveberg in Providence.....

Old
03-30-2013, 10:18 AM
redsox7327

We'll package the four 1sts, trade for Sidney Crosby, then roll with an inferior goalie, but still win the Stanley Cup.

redsox7327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Stone Clode Stunner

It went from Rask holding all the cards to the Bruins holding all the cards. He's not going to get a sweetheart deal like everyone else Chiarelli has given extensions to.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
To echo Odaat, I dont think the coach or the management has a particularly strong belief in Rask. I dont and don't think he will not be here next year. Glad he is an RFA so we can get something for him. Btw, I think Backstrom is quite a good goalie.
I think that with Chara and Claude and Bergeron and they system, almost any G they get would put up good numbers in the regular season.

Who can they win the Cup with? IDK. IDK if Rask is that guy or anyone else out there is. Backstrom would be a decent stop gap for 2 or 3 years (2 years as starter, 3rd as Svedberg/Subban's back up). But would he be any better than Rask? That I don't know.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Personally I would be very surprised if Rask doesn't get resigned.

Random Bruins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Hazi

Chia not wanting to trade away Subban might be a sign of B's management being unsure if Tuukka will be in net for the B's for 5 to 6 years down the road. Tuukka 's next contract will likely be determined how well he does in the playoffs. Even if we win the Stanley Cup this year, I wouldn't give him more than 5.5 million. If he gets an offersheet of 6+ million I don't know if I would match. That might be a little too much since we would have to fill 2 forward positions and 1 defense position with the new lowered cap. I guess we'll have to see how he does.

Hazi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:20 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Bruins Fan View Post
Personally I would be very surprised if Rask doesn't get resigned.
Re-signed yes, lifelong Bruin....highly doubt it (not that this is what your saying). I could see the moment a Subban/Sveberg is ready.........gonzo

Old
03-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Mr Bru

Ray Emery.

Mr Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:03 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Wait for Philly to offersheet him for 7+ million, say good riddance, and profit.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Orrthebest

I just watched our 4th line tough winger play a 2 on 1 better than I have seen from any of the defense and people still continue to blame the goalie. Color me confused.

Orrthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:00 PM
Justin St Pierre

Knowing the way this forum treats third line wingers, I assume there will be a clamor for Marty Turco's return in the event this happens. Everything was better then, you know.

Justin St Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:44 PM
EastCoastNiner

The vast majority of people who have been criticizing Rask (the least of this teams problems) will be pimping Khudobin and Subban (for the future).

Khudobin will then struggle for a stretch during the season, and those same people that are crying about Rask now will say that Chia screwed up and that they knew Rask was the answer all along.

That's how it seems to work around here with most people.

EastCoastNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:30 PM
kytem2

Rask needs coaching, he is a big goalie and comes out way too far on 2 on 1's.

kytem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

This is his contract year, he'll only make as much money as he earns.

I'd be very surprised if we let him get offer sheeted/trade him. For the next 2-4 years, we don't have a better option by any means necessary. He's a great goalie, he's still young and he only falls apart when the whole team does. Half of the time the losses aren't his fault, if it's a blowout we usually only get 1-2 goals for him. If the other team comes back, it's because we don't play 60 minutes and leave him out to dry constantly with odd man rushes and breakaways, along with ridiculous D zone time. You're asking for it. He lets up a few bad goals, but so does every goalie. He's only normal. If the team plays as good as they can, he's a potential Vezina winner.

We're way too spoiled from Thomas. No one besides Hasek or Roy could make a bigger impact on a team from the crease than him. As long as we scored 1 goal,we had a chance to win any game. No goalie in the league can do that. Rask is no Thomas, and who else is besides him himself? Tell me you want Khudobin-Svedberg as our tandem next year... That's an excellent way to miss the playoffs. Subban is completely boom/bust, and he's years away from the NHL. Rask is 3rd in GAA and 8th in save percentage, he doesn't suck. The whole team has sucked lately, once we get back into form we'll all be praising him again.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote