HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Acquire Jarome Iginla

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 12:22 AM
  #226
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,697
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Definitely a bottom 4 guy. Can play a physical game, has a bit of offensive upside. He looks like he could be a serviceable NHL d-man.

As good as the trade is for the B's, I actually think the Flames got some good pieces.

If cond 1st turns out to be true, that's bad, but Koko is a legit prospect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
The other day Brick (Bruins color guy) was saying he is touted mostly for his foot speed
Thanks for the replies. Speed is good to hear because the Flames bottom pairing is a tad slow. Hopefully he gets better with time.

Yeah, I don't think it's as bad a deal as people make it out to be. I see this playing out two ways:

1. Iginla signs with Boston and we get the first (decent deal).
2. Iginla returns to Calgary in which case we get Kokhlachev for free pretty much.

Noori is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:23 AM
  #227
unifiedtheory
Registered User
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Tell me about Matt Bartkowski.

1. Is he a hybrid of Sven Baertschi and Mark Jankowski?

2. Is he physical at all?

3. Does he have any potential beyond being a bottom-pairing defensemen?
He is physical and moves well for his size.

Ignore what Craig ****ing Button is saying.

Do I think the Flames "won" the trade? Who knows. Koko has a ton of talent and potential. I think Chiareli would have held on to him if this team did not have a million centers and Ryan Spooner in the pipeline.

unifiedtheory is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:24 AM
  #228
MoeLemay
Registered User
 
MoeLemay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Calgary getting for an announcement. fan960

MoeLemay is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:24 AM
  #229
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Definitely a bottom 4 guy. Can play a physical game, has a bit of offensive upside. He looks like he could be a serviceable NHL d-man.

As good as the trade is for the B's, I actually think the Flames got some good pieces.

If cond 1st turns out to be true, that's bad, but Koko is a legit prospect.
I would add that he is a pretty decent skater with decent speed. One thing I liked about his games here is he was pretty good at skating the puck out of trouble and up the ice.

Still think he is going to need some seasoning.

Koko IMO is going to be pretty good-and as a Bruins fan I hate to lose him, but for his career and his desires for his career Calgary may be the better place for him. He will actually have the opportunity to break into the NHL roster where in the Bruins organization where Krejci and Bergeron are still very young, getting a roster slot was going to be tough.

TCL40 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:24 AM
  #230
corpfan1
Registered User
 
corpfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I would be shocked. Horton is perfect for the 3rd line in the playoffs.
The reason I think Horton moves next is because...

1) We need a D-man

2) He is UFA (Chia ain't stupid enough to lose him for nothing)

3) Make room for Iginla extension (although we are still screwed with the cap)


Don't want him to go, but jeez...he just doesn't seem like a 3rd line guy to me. I see the lines as:

Seguin - Krejci - Horton
Iginla - Bergeron - Lucic
Marchand - Kelly - Peverley
Thornton - Campbell - Paille

If Soderberg arrives...what happens?

corpfan1 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:24 AM
  #231
unifiedtheory
Registered User
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Thanks for the replies. Speed is good to hear because the Flames bottom pairing is a tad slow. Hopefully he gets better with time.

Yeah, I don't think it's as bad a deal as people make it out to be. I see this playing out two ways:

1. Iginla signs with Boston and we get the first (decent deal).
2. Iginla returns to Calgary in which case we get Kokhlachev for free pretty much.
If Iginla helps us win the Stanley Cup I'd do the deal 100 times out of 100.

unifiedtheory is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:25 AM
  #232
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,697
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
He is physical and moves well for his size.

Ignore what Craig ****ing Button is saying.

Do I think the Flames "won" the trade? Who knows. Koko has a ton of talent and potential. I think Chiareli would have held on to him if this team did not have a million centers and Ryan Spooner in the pipeline.
Craig Button wanted to trade Iginla for Mike Peca so I know he's an idiot.

Noori is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:25 AM
  #233
unifiedtheory
Registered User
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
The reason I think Horton moves next is because...

1) We need a D-man

2) He is UFA (Chia ain't stupid enough to lose him for nothing)

3) Make room for Iginla extension (although we are still screwed with the cap)


Don't want him to go, but jeez...he just doesn't seem like a 3rd line guy to me. I see the lines as:

Seguin - Krejci - Horton
Iginla - Bergeron - Lucic
Marchand - Kelly - Peverley
Thornton - Campbell - Paille

If Soderberg arrives...what happens?
Nate has a NTC, he knows what is happening, I don't see him accepting any trade. Besides, we can afford him this year and he really adds depth.

I think Soderberg will be brought along slowly. We can't take a guy straight from the SEL and drop him into the NHL playoffs, his head would be spinning.

unifiedtheory is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:26 AM
  #234
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,129
vCash: 500
http://player.rogersradio.ca/cfac/on_air

Radio stream of announcement.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:26 AM
  #235
wKetch22
Pure Grime
 
wKetch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 10,268
vCash: 50
Quote:
Would not go to bed yet.
James Duthie

Guys im getting scared

wKetch22 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:27 AM
  #236
unifiedtheory
Registered User
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Craig Button wanted to trade Iginla for Mike Peca so I know he's an idiot.
I don't understand why he is qualified too discuss anything general manager related. He is a certified moron.

unifiedtheory is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:27 AM
  #237
wKetch22
Pure Grime
 
wKetch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 10,268
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
http://player.rogersradio.ca/cfac/on_air

Radio stream of announcement.
Thanks man... Im getting tense

wKetch22 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:27 AM
  #238
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,129
vCash: 500
Feaster speaking now.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:27 AM
  #239
CamFan81
Derp
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,165
vCash: 500
omg listening to presser!!!!!

CamFan81 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:28 AM
  #240
MoeLemay
Registered User
 
MoeLemay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
http://player.rogersradio.ca/cfac/on_air

Radio stream of announcement.
Live right now Feaster at the podium.

MoeLemay is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:28 AM
  #241
unifiedtheory
Registered User
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,160
vCash: 500
He's a Penguin!>!!?!?!?!!?!

unifiedtheory is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:28 AM
  #242
wKetch22
Pure Grime
 
wKetch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 10,268
vCash: 50
holy ****, Bobby Mac saying Iggy to Pens

Im gonna be sick

wKetch22 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:28 AM
  #243
Yeti of the Flow
Registered User
 
Yeti of the Flow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,437
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...45819222536193

Um. Jerk.

Yeti of the Flow is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:28 AM
  #244
BostonBruins92
Closer to the Sun
 
BostonBruins92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brookline, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,743
vCash: 500
Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BostonBruins92 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:28 AM
  #245
unifiedtheory
Registered User
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,160
vCash: 500
Are you ******** me?!?!

unifiedtheory is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:29 AM
  #246
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,224
vCash: 50
What the ****

Shaun is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:29 AM
  #247
Lockheed301
DOO
 
Lockheed301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Anchorage, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,782
vCash: 50
Wow lol

Lockheed301 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:29 AM
  #248
Soderberg
Registered User
 
Soderberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Iguana is going lot the penguins,???????

Soderberg is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:29 AM
  #249
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,129
vCash: 500
Wtftwtfwtfwtf

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:29 AM
  #250
Giontatas
Registered User
 
Giontatas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 211
vCash: 500
haahahha

Giontatas is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.