HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor and Proposal Thread Vol. 10: Iggy To Pittsburgh

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Smid will not be signed by Oilers for 4.5 million period. And one from your page book
Probably not, and you seem confused about how all of this works, fair enough.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
He is primed to be the best UFA defenseman available. If he reaches July 1st he will get it.
Well props for mature reply and I don't disagree but he won't get that from Oilers,

Old
03-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
Agreed, he's being a baby. If you're done at the end of the season anyway, honor your team and your contract by reporting to wherever they send you. It's just going to be a short period of time anyway, and he might actually get to compete in meaningful games. Really makes me wonder what Kipper's made of, if he actually wants to compete and win or if he just wants to rot in Calgary for as long as possible. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Misguided loyalty I guess? Or maybe just being a stubborn baby.
Keep in mind that Kiprusoff and his wife literally just had a baby not 2 weeks ago. Might have something to do with him not wanting to move right now.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Probably not, and you seem confused about how all of this works, fair enough.
Done responding to you , you're entire intent is to flame , sorry no time for immaturity . Time to use button i found by clicking on avatars name . Bye.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:08 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
He is primed to be the best UFA defenseman available. If he reaches July 1st he will get it.
No good team will give Smid 4.5M in the free agency, especially with the cap going down. I expect he will re-sign with the OIlers and will get a 4-5 year contract in the 3.5-4M range. Gagner I am not sore sure about. He got 3.2M in the arbitration this year after a 47 point season. He'll be looking for a contract upward of 5M, IMHO. I don't know if he will get it from the Oilers.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:13 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
Keep in mind that Kiprusoff and his wife literally just had a baby not 2 weeks ago. Might have something to do with him not wanting to move right now.
So what? Millions of people have to make the choice between family and career. Just makes him look like a bigger baby

Old
03-29-2013, 09:20 PM
Rafters

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
So what? Millions of people have to make the choice between family and career. Just makes him look like a bigger baby
If the Flames were stupid enough to give almost every player on their roster a NTC/NMC then is it really the players fault for using their given contractual rights to say no .....could be very messy in CGY with their best players dictating the trades

Old
03-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Tazzy13

Islanders sign Visnovsky to a new deal.

2 yrs 9.5

Old
03-29-2013, 09:33 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
He is a useful hockey player. But he is elite at nothing.
We've had one of the top PK's the last 2 years. He and Smid are the two main reasons why.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Paralyzer
The Oilers Awaken

Quote:
Done responding to you , you're entire intent is to flame , sorry no time for immaturity . Time to use button i found by clicking on avatars name . Bye.
Hmm, seems more like you aren't understanding what is being said. Jimmi has been on this boards longer than me and I have to agree with him. Smid on the open market could get 4.5M pretty easily. If people can pay Perry and Getzlaf 8-9M per year, then players like Smid can get numbers that high too. Does Edmonton sign him to 4.5M? I doubt it. I'm sure Edmonton would try something like 3.5-4M max.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Hmm, seems more like you aren't understanding what is being said. Jimmi has been on this boards longer than me and I have to agree with him. Smid on the open market could get 4.5M pretty easily. If people can pay Perry and Getzlaf 8-9M per year, then players like Smid can get numbers that high too. Does Edmonton sign him to 4.5M? I doubt it. I'm sure Edmonton would try something like 3.5-4M max.
This about covers it. $4.5M isn't certain, but he's would be, if he makes it to July 1st as a UFA, probably close to the best UFA Defenseman, someone would dump money and term on him, without question.

As you said, it's not likely Edmonton $4.5M, but to Actually suggest it's not even in the realm of possibility for the player is ridiculous and incorrect.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Every post he has responded to me since i have joined is a mocking laugh or facepalm. don't care how long he has been here does not make him a expert on anything. been watching hockey before he was born And I can tell he is young by posts. And Smid wont get 4.5 here if another team is willing to give him that on open market so be it. Almost every player that is a marginal ufa that gets the overpayment the team usually regrets it.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Jek McPorkins
Red Six

vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I'd pick the baby over all the mess involved in a trade. Kipper's making the right choice. Hell, the NTC was practically invented for the purpose that Kipper is using it for.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Matador

Lubo at 4.75!

Zajac, Getzlaf, Perry and Lubo. Some crazy contracts post lockout. I supposed NYI have to hit the floor though.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Jek McPorkins
Red Six

vCash: 610
Quote:
Every post he has responded to me since i have joined is a mocking laugh or facepalm. don't care how long he has been here does not make him a expert on anything. been watching hockey before he was born And I can tell he is young by posts. And Smid wont get 4.5 here if another team is willing to give him that on open market so be it. Almost every player that is a marginal ufa that gets the overpayment the team usually regrets it.
I think most of us have gone through what you are going through here. Hit that 'ignore' button next to his name.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Because it's the same reactionary, narrow viewed, mildly informed posts that are treated as if they are some kind of "absolute fact"

It's tiring and pointless, it bogs down any real discuss, because presenting anything, it's stuff you have weed through to actually make any sense of an actual point

Smid isn't a "marginal" UFA, if you think he is, then I can't help you.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:14 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzy13 View Post
Islanders sign Visnovsky to a new deal.

2 yrs 9.5
I wonder if that makes Streit any more available. I think he'd be a great pick up for us.

And folks, there is a Smid contract discussion thread right here. Can you please take that debate over there?

Old
03-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I wonder if that makes Streit any more available. I think he'd be a great pick up for us.

And folks, there is a Smid contract discussion thread right here. Can you please take that debate over there?
Can do, I don't think it does, because I think they still want to sign him as well. I think Tencer mentioned on twitter, with them going into a new building they're trying to be good.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:40 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Islanders are in the playoff hunt and likely won't trade Streit now HOWEVER....he likely tests the market and the Islanders hand the captaincy over the Tavares.

He obviously knows Ralph really well so i'm sure we'll have a good shot at signing him in July.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:43 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
I'd pick the baby over all the mess involved in a trade. Kipper's making the right choice. Hell, the NTC was practically invented for the purpose that Kipper is using it for.
Not to mention the fact that he's been awful this year.
Got pulled again tonight giving up five goals on twenty shots.
Who would want him at this point?

Old
03-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
Not only that, the baby is still in the hospital, and that has a lot to do with Kipper not wanting to leave Calgary.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:49 PM
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 217
At this rate the Flames may want to move Kipper whether or not he likes it.

Although keeping him on board might get them a better pick.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:58 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
At this rate the Flames may want to move Kipper whether or not he likes it.

Although keeping him on board might get them a better pick.
Who will trade for him since he has threatened to not report to that team?
And good points on Streit everyone. I guess the summer is more likely.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:59 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Garth Snow says "Hey"

Actually I was joking, but it makes sense for the Isles for next year, they could say "hey you can pull a Tim Thomas and go do whatever, as long as we get to keep the cap hit for the season"

Old
03-29-2013, 11:00 PM
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 217
Quote:
The Isles?

Either way Kipper is handcuffing the Flames much like Iginla did. I'm glad we don't have too many NTCs.

Closed Thread