03-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Tsn still says other wise
TSN said Iggy was going to Boston too.

Boston's GM said it wasn't conditional. The press conference, Button & whoever said it wasn't conditional. Doesn't really matter now, I guess.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 50
I'm still sad, but I'm also elated.
Pros: We are finally moving towards a younger core, we have an extra first in a deep draft, Iginla is happy

Cons: We just lost our best player, captain and biggest community idol for something that won't ever replace Iginla

The pick/prospects MAY replace his production (highly unlikely), but they won't ever replace who he was to the franchise.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:30 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
TSN said Iggy was going to Boston too.

Boston's GM said it wasn't conditional. The press conference, Button & whoever said it wasn't conditional. Doesn't really matter now, I guess.
I trust Ward over Button

Yea I am confused as ****, its over either way. I wish he went to boston but will now cheer on Pitts.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

This says it all.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:59 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
This says it all.

I don't know who looks sader but clearly Iggy meant a ton in that locker room.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Dicky113

vCash: 500
How the **** does JI bring way less than B Morrow. Those are two AHL players, possibly 4th liners and a 30th overall pick for the top trade asset in the league, compared to a stud D prospect for a third liner?

Feaster reminds me of a poor mans Mike O'Connell.

Sorry guys, you deserved better.

Dicky113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardoso View Post
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs
Peter Chiarelli confirmed it was a "firm" 1st roundpick offered along w/Khokhlachev and Bartkowski. Not conditional as previously reported

Just dropping this off. Good luck in the future.

https://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/s...44399824650242
The conditional first was still very much in speculation. I'm inclined to think the Bruins wouldn't have hesitated to ensure is was a first without any conditions if they felt they were going to lose out on Iginla.

But it is what it is. Iginla choose Pittsburgh over the Bruins. And it's easy to see why.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky113 View Post
How the **** does JI bring way less than B Morrow. Those are two AHL players, possibly 4th liners and a 30th overall pick for the top trade asset in the league, compared to a stud D prospect for a third liner?

Feaster reminds me of a poor mans Mike O'Connell.

Sorry guys, you deserved better.
Bottom line; Feaster and co. don't understand the meaning of the word 'leverage'. Or 'negotiating'.

It seems like, rather than targeting the best possible returns, they fixate on specific players, potential or value be damned.

There's simply no excuse for a UFA B.Morrow with NTC returning a top prospect while a UFA Iginla with a NTC didn't.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Pens fan coming in peace. You deserve better than what your GM worked out. Feel bad about that aspect...

We're very fortunate and most of us feel that way (even though the stereotype is there were no hockey fans in Pittsburgh between 1993 and 2005, and after that we're all Sid groupies).

You guys have some of the very best fans in the league with your "sea of red". Always been impressed by that. I hope you guys get a couple NHL ready players with the two 1sts (deep draft, you never know) and that you get a real GM in the summer who turns things around quick. Best of luck going forward.

(And I do think there's a decent chance Iggy will return this summer. If we get to the Finals and lose or win the Cup I suspect he'll stay for one more year, then come back. If not he might come back right away. I didn't hear any aversion in his voice during that presser.

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 03-28-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:19 PM
AfricanHerbsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Bottom line; Feaster and co. don't understand the meaning of the word 'leverage'. Or 'negotiating'.

It seems like, rather than targeting the best possible returns, they fixate on specific players, potential or value be damned.

There's simply no excuse for a UFA B.Morrow with NTC returning a top prospect while a UFA Iginla with a NTC didn't.
This exactly. He wants to go to the pens sure. Give us Bennett or Dupres or Harrington or maatta ans a 1st. Not plug one and plug two

AfricanHerbsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Dicky113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post

100 percent right. If the best you can do from Pitt is those 2, at the very least give it a week to turn up the heat. Why the early trade for peanuts? Makes no sense.

Dicky113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
This says it all.

Just watched the conference. Conroy actually looked like he was going to cry at that point. At least Iginla didn't cry. I do hope he comes back eventually.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:42 PM
LukeD
On Fire

Quote:
This says it all.

Oh wow.

LukeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:49 PM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

Saw this on the main board. It amuses me.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Looks like the Flames management is about as stellar as the Blue Bomber management.

So how many of you think there will be many Flames fans jumping ship, becoming Pens fans first and foremost simply to follow the former face of the Flames franchise?

How many are expected to just give up on the Flames altogether?

I ask because there appear to be quite a few Flames fans stating how they are done with that team altogether or will now follow Pitts first and foremost. Will the Flames permanently lose fans because of this debacle?

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:56 PM
3rdEye
HF Official Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Looks like the Flames management is about as stellar as the Blue Bomber management.

So how many of you think there will be many Flames fans jumping ship, becoming Pens fans first and foremost simply to follow the former face of the Flames franchise?

How many are expected to just give up on the Flames altogether?

I ask because there appear to be quite a few Flames fans stating how they are done with that team altogether or will now follow Pitts first and foremost. Will the Flames permanently lose fans because of this debacle?
Well they're def not gaining any fans with this trade. So will they lose fans? Yes. Permanently? Well not until they start winning again, which could be quite some time.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:56 PM
BadBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
This, the Bruins return was garbage. Iginla obviously wasn't going to re-sign in Boston. The press conference confirms that, he has no idea what his future holds and coming back to Calgary is a possibility.

Russians don't stay in the NHL unless they're elite. Only 20ish now. Boston can keep that one.

The other guy as a trade asset is not even worth learning how to spell his name properly. He has the potential to maybe someday be Chris Butler. lmao.
Look through the prospect threads on the Bruins board over the past couple of years. There's plenty of genuine hype and excitement over Khoklechev. He's only a month older than Yakupov and was also playing in the KHL as an 18/19 year old. Obviously not on the same level as a prospect, but paths are similar up until lockout ended.

I don't see how his situation is any different than any other potential top-6 forward prospect. A) He cuts it as a top-6 forward at some point over his three year entry level deal... and makes a lot of money or B) he fails and plays in another league. He's already made commitments to play in NA and made it clear the NHL is his ultimate goal. At the very least you have a top prospect on an entry level deal in the AHL. To me, that's more valuable than the two secondary college prospects the Pens were offering (not that it matters).

Bartkowski is a dime a dozen bottom pairing defenseman. He's also young, cheap and ready to be a full time NHL'er.

Probably not a big enough difference the value to be upset though.

BadBruins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:14 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Bruins fan coming in peace...

I'll admit I'm angry, but I see where Jarome is coming from. Pittsburgh (even though if we had him we arguably would be pretty well set) has the best chance to win the Cup. I may not like what happened and I think it's screwed up, but I understand. I feel the Bruins offer was better, but of course I'm biased, so that's your guy's decisions to judge; so I honestly don't understand how this happened so fast. I'm heartbroken, but I'm sure he is happy so that's all that counts.

Good luck to you guys.

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:44 PM
ODAAT

Bruins fan coming in peace. Sad day I suspect in Calgary and for Flames fans everywhere. I don`t know one thing about the kids you received but hope all works out, terribly ugly way for this to conclude.

Our GM if anyone hasn`t seen it, was/is about as devastated as this fan of the Bruins has seen him before. This one smells bad in Bruin land, hope it works out for you guys. Been to 2 Flames games over the years, great fans and you deserve better than what this Mngt team is force feeding you

All the best

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:01 PM
KrejciMVP

Such a shame, Iginla was going to be idolized in Boston. Now he's just another Pittsburgh role player...

KrejciMVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
Such a shame, Iginla was going to be idolized in Boston. Now he's just another Pittsburgh role player...
Clearly you're not coming in peace.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:06 PM
SilverSeven

So apparently Iginlas family was going around telling arena staff yesterday that it would be Pittsburgh, and the deal with Boston was completed at noon.

Id be freaking furious at Iginla.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:08 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky113 View Post
100 percent right. If the best you can do from Pitt is those 2, at the very least give it a week to turn up the heat. Why the early trade for peanuts? Makes no sense.
Because they had a better trade worked out, and after the trade was completed Iginla said "actually no, scratch that list I gave you, only Pittsburgh"

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:09 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
So apparently Iginlas family was going around telling arena staff yesterday that it would be Pittsburgh, and the deal with Boston was completed at noon.

Id be freaking furious at Iginla.
Crazy considering they were at home yesterday

Old
03-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1237
Flames got bent IMO. This trade is really Iginla for the 1st. I think a top-3 prospect in the Penguins org should have come back instead of the two filler guys Calgary got. That would have made all the difference. Those 2 guys are near worthless as far as trade value is concerned.

Tim Murray is online now   Reply With Quote