Iginla to Pittsburgh!!

Old
03-28-2013, 01:29 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Where do you see 2-3 years? From what I've read and heard, sounds like they are both closer to the NHL than not (Buttons words). And the first is in a very deep draft.. Not to mention, this is a PURE rental trade for Pitts.. Wtf were you expecting? Khoko projects to be a 2nd liner and Bartkowski a bottom pairing guy.
It was mentioned on the fan960. The actual trade was worse than the speculated one. Khoko had first line potential and second line at worst, while the two college guys look like second and third liners.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
Well Iginla just took the spot as the most hated man in Boston. Move over Matt Cooke lol
Don't you mean Aaron Ward?

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

Shero knew he would not resign Iginla in offseason. He is literally all in this playoff run. Iginla will be back in Calgary in July with a ring and a discounted 3 year contract.

Then everyone on HF will praise Feaster. Typical HF S***. Everyone panicked on the Bruins conditional pick and it was a "rumour". The fact that people keep talking about Feaster and his physical attributes and calling him an idiot is sad, in the sense that its easy to be behind a computer screen and talk S***.

This is a very good move by Feaster.

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
western redmen

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoivu9 View Post
You've never heard of the WCHA? Glencross played in it.
Nvm, I clicked on the ECAC league twice, never heard of the league before

western redmen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:30 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensational View Post
Shero knew he would not resign Iginla in offseason. He is literally all in this playoff run. Iginla will be back in Calgary in July with a ring and a discounted 3 year contract.

Then everyone on HF will praise Feaster. Typical HF S***. Everyone panicked on the Bruins conditional pick and it was a "rumour". The fact that people keep talking about Feaster and his physical attributes and calling him an idiot is sad, in the sense that its easy to be behind a computer screen and talk S***.

This is a very good move by Feaster.
If he comes back yes good move, if not then no it was a mistake.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mjw22

vCash: 500
Good one Iggy how fitting he screws the flames. Its like working your ass off at your job carrying the company and never getting any help.then when you quit your boss asks you to do him one more favor. Ya right lol Iggy wont be back he wins a ring he retires or gets a better deal elsewhere.

mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Noori

People are saying that this is a "pure rental" for the Pens. They likley won't have the cap space to sign Iginla.

Does he come back here? Does he go somewhere else? Is it possible that there is a handshake agreement in place with Calgary that they'll compete again next year and he'll come back?

I'm just trying to justify this deal in my head right now. I have three options right now:

1. Iginla turned the tables on Feaster last minute and said Pittsburgh or bust (in which case, why does Feaster not wait an extra week and get Maata/Dumolin out of Pittsburgh). Or is it because Feaster feels backed into a hole because they sait Jaome tonight (thus making it necessary to trade Jarome immediately).

2. Iginla and the Flames have agreed that playoffs are attainable next year and he can come back and help Calgary but in the mean time he gets a shot with Pittsburgh while Calgary gets assets to ice a competitive team in the near future.

3. Organization from Edwards, King, Feaster, Weisbrod is inept.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunmunch View Post
Im a little confused at the fans that are saying that this was a stupid decision by feaster. Don't we wanna be a younger club? I think we did that tonight. I dont know, i think its a low risk move.
From an outsider's point of view:

Once I heard the switch up and the deal was done with Pittsburgh, I expected to see one of Pittsburgh's top D-prospects included in the deal.

I'm not saying it's a bad deal. But at the end of the day, I think it's an absolute steal for the Penguins. You put 100 different GMs into Shero's chair, and every single one of them makes that deal.

They've acquired Iginla, and they've done so without giving up a single roster player, or a high level prospect. That's a steal. I'm not sure there's any other way you can look at it.

If I'm a Flames fan, I'm devastated that that Calgary isn't able to pry away one of those top D prospects that Pittsburgh have in their system.

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

I'm just... Sad. I honestly don't know how to feel. I won't make judgement until I learn a big more about the prospects. It's going to be very surreal not having iggy here.

Janks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
People are saying that this is a "pure rental" for the Pens. They likley won't have the cap space to sign Iginla.

Does he come back here? Does he go somewhere else? Is it possible that there is a handshake agreement in place with Calgary that they'll compete again next year and he'll come back?

I'm just trying to justify this deal in my head right now. I have two options right now:

1. Iginla turned the tables on Feaster last minute and said Pittsburgh or bust (in which case, why does Feaster not wait an extra week and get Maata/Dumolin out of Pittsburgh). Or is it because Feaster feels backed into a hole because they sait Jaome tonight (thus making it necessary to trade Jarome immediately).

2. Iginla and the Flames have agreed that playoffs are attainable next year and he can come back and help Calgary but in the mean time he gets a shot with Pittsburgh while Calgary gets assets to ice a competitive team in the near future.

3. Organization from Edwards, King, Feaster, Weisbrod is inept.
Again where are you seeing this reported TSN and Feaster said they told Iggy they had 3 deals and he could pick which team he went to from there.

Old
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
, we see it 2 different ways. I apologize for acting as aggressive as I did but I don't see how you can blame Iggy for picking Pitts over Boston when given the choice.
Blaming Iggy was incredibly poor word choice. I was more so pointing out Feaster isn't at nearly as much fault as people think.

Iggy could walk away from the Dome on July 1st as a free agent, punch me in the face and sleep with my girlfriend and I'd still love him.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:32 AM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
Good one Iggy how fitting he screws the flames. Its like working your ass off at your job carrying the company and never getting any help.then when you quit your boss asks you to do him one more favor. Ya right lol
agreed, I thought it was kind of exciting to see Yakupov's old linemate Khokhlachev playing for the Flames in the same division as the Oilers and maybe developing to be a better player in the future than Yakupov.... now these guys they got instead just seem so much worse of a deal

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tak7

Josh Yoyo, Penguins beat writer: (@JoshYoyo_Trib)

"Recently asked a member of Pens organization to give me top 10 prospects in organization. Neither Agostino nor Hanowsi made the list".

Like I said, a steal.

Old
phamJET

great trade by feaster, the flames get a 1st and a chance to re-sign iginla over the summer.

no way can the penguins fit iginla into their roster next year.

phamJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

Quote:
If he comes back yes good move, if not then no it was a mistake.
We can even move up in draft using the 2 draft pick we have to pick top 3. Unless we allready will be top 3 with our own pick

Old
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Blaming Iggy was incredibly poor word choice. I was more so pointing out Feaster isn't at nearly as much fault as people think.

Iggy could walk away from the Dome on July 1st as a free agent, punch me in the face and sleep with my girlfriend and I'd still love him.
Yea I think we are both over emotional. If Pitts can't re-sign him and he comes home this is a home run 2 prospects + 1st for a few months of Iggy. But if he doesn't come back I think not taking Koko is a mistake.

Old
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars

Quote:
Yes but if Iggy said no I only want Pitts then fine, but that is not how tsn reported it at all.
Dude, for all we know he said "I want to go to Pittsburgh, but if they don't want me, I'll go BOS, LA or CHI"

To think Iggy wanting the best chance he has at winning a cup is somehow screwing the Flames is asinine.

DouglasQuaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 AM
Tak7

I think the other thing worth pointing out:

What sort of return would Iginla have gotten last year? Or the year before? Compared to now, surely it would have been better?

I think the Flames are an organization that needed to push the reset button a long time ago.

This is a classic example of an asset depreciating over time, and losing perceived value.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensational View Post
We can even move up in draft using the 2 draft pick we have to pick top 3. Unless we allready will be top 3 with our own pick
No thanks right now at worst we pick 6th. We need as much talent as we can get.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:35 AM
Noori

Quote:
Again where are you seeing this reported TSN and Feaster said they told Iggy they had 3 deals and he could pick which team he went to from there.
I listened to that same presser. Feaster didn't say it like that. He made reference to dealing with players with NMCs and how they control their fate.

We can listen to it again when it's up since it's all very fresh and whizzed by pretty fast. In no way did I get the impression that Feaster just told Iggy to go ahead an "pick" a deal. Then what was the point of negotiating with all the other teams in the first place?

Seriously Huds, not explaining this again.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:37 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
I listened to that same presser. Feaster didn't say it like that. He made reference to dealing with players with NMCs and how they control their fate.

We can listen to it again when it's up since it's all very fresh and whizzed by pretty fast. In no way did I get the impression that Feaster just told Iggy to go ahead an "pick" a deal. Then what was the point of negotiating with all the other teams in the first place?

Seriously Huds, not explaining this again.
Again TSN said it Feaster let him pick between the 3 hoe can you expect him to pick the best return that isn't his job.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:37 AM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

If you asked me 1 month ago if I would give Iginla away to Pits to play with Crosby and have a very good chance at a cup, I would say YES.

Putting aside the organization, and looking at it from our love for Iggy, we should be very happy to see him in the playoffs and actually have something to cheer about. That alone makes me very happy for the playoffs.

I am going to bed happy, knowing the next week will be a new beginning.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:40 AM
Savannah Skunk

I hope the Flames can load up on picks this year and inject talent and youth into their prospect pool with some sound drafting, shrewd college and FA signings (read: Iginla). I believe they could quite easily execute a very short-term rebuild (like the Senators) and quickly become a playoff bound team or Western conference contender.

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:41 AM
Noori

Quote:
Again TSN said it Feaster let him pick between the 3 hoe can you expect him to pick the best return that isn't his job.
Gonna go to bed now since I have 8am class tomorrow. I'll try and find a clip of TSN's coverage after class. If we seriously let Iginla choose the deal then I think I'll need to take a bit of a break from hockey.

EDIT: Will edit this buy saying unless the plan is to have Iginla come back in the summer. Otherwise, you just can't let a player decide your franchise's fate.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:41 AM
Dangles78

Hey guys,

Not sure if any other Pens fans popped in to give a brief scouting report so....

A lot of people will bash this trade because Agostino and Hanowski aren't names you hear a lot, but (not trying to be a homer) I think it's better than the Bruins "proposal" even if Khokhlachev has the highest potential of the 3. Plus, I mean, he's probably going back to Calgary lol.

These "scouting reports" are very brief. It's 2:30 here. Just trying to shed some light since NCAA prospects aren't followed as much.

I'm very high on Agostino (more than most Pens fans) and think he is almost NHL ready. He just plays a very smart, NHL-style game and has increased his stock since entering college. There's also untapped offensive potential.

Overall, I see him as a steady 3rd liner that can produce, but also someone who can slot into the top-6 and play good hockey as well.

Hanowski is a wildcard, but there is no doubting his offensive potential, especially for putting the puck in the net. He's also St. Clouds captain and has a very positive attitude. Skating, defensive ability, and pro translation are his biggest question marks, but his skating is better and same with his D-play. Rather he can translate that to the Pros is anyones guess.

If all goes well, Hano will be a top-6 winger who has potential to put up solid numbers, especially on the PP.

Considering it doesn't look like there is a condition to the 1st rd pick I like it for you guys. It's tough to let someone like that go, but with the possibility to come back with a ring, I hope you guys are as excited as I am!

Let's get Iggy that ring

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote