HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Art Ross Trophy discussion thread

Old
03-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 500
Art Ross Trophy discussion thread

Since Sid is likely out for few weeks, what do you think will happen?

Stamkos - 10 points behind with 14 games left
Kunitz - 12 points behind with 12 games left
Kane - 14 points behind with 14 games left

Is Stamkos the favourite now? I think Crosby would need to play around 5 more games in order to win it....so let's see when he comes back.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Crabby Williams

Why did you skip St. Louis?

Crabby Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:58 PM
FinProspects

Art is Stamkos's or Kanes's. Will Crosby have a shot for Hart/Lindsay?

FinProspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:58 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Stamkos would be the favorite with Kane biting at his heels.

I can't really see Kunitz keeping up quite the same pace without Crosby centering him.

I agree though that Crosby only needs a few games to give himself a real shot. Stamkos is on pace for 64 points and Kane at 61 so Crosby would need 8 or 5 to stay ahead of them if they don't change.

03-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Williams View Post
Why did you skip St. Louis?
If St. Louis is getting points, Stamkos is likely getting them too....and yeah, I know they play on different lines.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:03 PM
Crabby Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic View Post
If St. Louis is getting points, Stamkos is likely getting them too....and yeah, I know they play on different lines.
St. Louis is certainly able to generate his own offense. Don't be surprised to see him finish ahead of Stamkos.

Crabby Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Dylonus

I still think Sid wins it. He carried his team without Malkin in the line-up to a winning percentage of over 85% over a 20 game span during a season that was at 75% completed. That's ridiculous.

Stamkos / MSL are not deserving. How can you have an MVP on a team that's bottom 10 in the league?

Kunitz isn't deserving. You know he's having a breakout year; but not MVP.

It's Kane or Crosby. I still feel Sid deserves it. Even if Pittsburgh never wins another game this season (12 regulation losses) they'd be on pace for a 99 point season. That's clearly a playoff team. Even if Pittsburgh goes 500 for the last 12 games; that's good for 116 points in a season!!

Crosby has to still be the favorite. He had nearly more assists than everyone else in the league had points up to this point and could possibly still win the Art Ross trophy (unlikely, but possible).

You don't think voters will notice him turning Pascal Dupuis into the best ES goal scorer in the NHL? Or Kunitz 100+ point (pro-rated) season into consideration?

Kane is the true front-runner; and even his PPG pace would only get him to 4 game over Sid's current total. This is still Sid's trophy to win.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:08 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Stamkos is the favorite for Art Ross, I assume. It would be something if Crosby still won it. Kunitz is having a great season, but I don't think he'll produce consistently enough without Crosby to be in the running. Kane also has a good chance. I guess St. Louis could win it as well.

As for the Hart, it's probably still Crosby's to lose, but if Kane keeps producing as well as he has, he could win. And that would be awesome.

Trance Kuja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:09 PM
revolverjgw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
I still think Sid wins it. He carried his team without Malkin in the line-up to a winning percentage of over 85% over a 20 game span during a season that was at 75% completed. That's ridiculous.

Stamkos / MSL are not deserving. How can you have an MVP on a team that's bottom 10 in the league?

It's Kane or Crosby. I still feel Sid deserves it. Even if Pittsburgh never wins another game this season (12 regulation losses) they'd be on pace for a 99 point season. That's clearly a playoff team. Even if Pittsburgh goes 500 for the last 12 games; that's good for 116 points in a season!!

Crosby has to still be the favorite. He had nearly more assists than everyone else in the league had points up to this point and could possibly still win the Art Ross trophy (unlikely, but possible).

You don't think voters will notice him turning Pascal Dupuis into the best ES goal scorer in the NHL? Or Kunitz 100+ point (pro-rated) season into consideration?

Kane is the true front-runner; and even his PPG pace would only get him to 4 game over Sid's current total. This is still Sid's trophy to win.
This thread is about the Art Ross though. I think he just lost it to Stamkos.

I hope the voters think 35 games is enough over a 48 game schedule. Because anybody but Crosby winning the Hart would feel so wrong. Stamkos would have to go completely crazy and score like 75 points for me to accept him winning it.

revolverjgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:

Do you mean Hart?

And, Gotta go with Stamkos.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pfnf

Quote:

this thread is about the Art Ross trophy not the Hart ^^

Pfnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Dylonus

D'Oh! I thought I saw Hart trophy.

Stamkos will win at that rate. Crosby might have had a chance if there was <10 games left, though.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Lim Ran

Biggest question:

Does the person who eventually wins it due to Crosby's injury then have the class to acknowledge Sidney Crosby when they accept the award?

I think Stammer would. Kane?

Lim Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:13 PM
AD1066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lim Ran View Post
Biggest question:

Does the person who eventually wins it due to Crosby's injury then have the class to acknowledge Sidney Crosby when they accept the award?

Hahahahaha

AD1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:14 PM
revolverjgw

Quote:
Biggest question:

Kane would say nothing about it, then do a Vince McMahon powerwalk to Crosby's seat and wave the trophy front of him then slap him in the jaw, I have no doubt. Crosby would be healed by them but he'd still take a dive.

revolverjgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Biggest question:

Uhh....what? Kane definitely has some personality to him, but I'm pretty sure he gives credit where credit's due. He likes to make jokes about Toews, and then he always gives his honest opinion which is nothing short of extremely flattering.

With that said, they shouldn't have to justify it. It's not like Suter or Subban, whichever were to win the Norris is going to come out to the media and say: Well thank god Matt Cooke exists.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:16 PM
Left Circle OneTimer

Quote:
Biggest question:

Honestly i dont think they should. Injuries happen.

Left Circle OneTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
Honestly i dont think they should. Injuries happen.
Agreed.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

i'll be pushing for MSL.

Comrade Blunderbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:20 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolverjgw View Post
Kane would say nothing about it, then do a Vince McMahon powerwalk to Crosby's seat and wave the trophy front of him then slap him in the jaw, I have no doubt. Crosby would be healed by them but he'd still take a dive.
This made me laugh. Thank you.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:21 PM
Random Oracle

vCash: 0
Would be pretty funny if Bylsma reunites the Kunitz-Malkin-Neal line and Kunitz ends up winning the Art Ross.

Random Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:23 PM
waitin425

Ummmmm...Habs fan actually mentioning Kadri......the guy has been on fire and him and Lupul seem to have something special going on.

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:23 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinProspects View Post
Art is Stamkos's or Kanes's. Will Crosby have a shot for Hart/Lindsay?
He will probably garner some votes, and probably should given that he has been the catalyst for the Penguins all season.

But if Crosby misses the remainder of the season (12 games) that would be the equivalent of missing 25% of the season. In comparison, it would be the equivalent to a player missing ~ 22 games during the course of an 82 game regular season. It's hard to give a forward a Hart when they missed 1/4th of the season.

THAT SAID; I'd be inclined to believe that someone like St. Louis would have the best chance at the Art Ross this season. More so than Stamkos or Kane.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:25 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Kane for Hart.

No Stamkos, No St. Louis, No Kunitz, No Toews.

It is simply Kane or Crosby.

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:44 PM
FDfranklin
Check Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Kane for Hart.

No Stamkos, No St. Louis, No Kunitz, No Toews.

It is simply Kane or Crosby.
This thread is about Art Ross not Hart. I agree though Stamkos and MSL will not get Hart if they do not make the playoffs, if they do though (highly unlikely) it will be a different story.

FDfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote