HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[CGY/PIT] Jarome Iginla for Kenneth Agostino, Ben Hanowski, 2013 1st rounder - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Jay Feaster makes Scott Howson look like a genius. And that's no small feat!
I'm an Oilers fan so obviously I love to kick the Flames when they are down. Impossible for Feaster to get a good return for Iginla when he only had one team to negotiate with. Feaster and Chirelli agreed on a deal conditional on Iginla waiving his NTC. Iginla said no I want to go to Pittsburgh

Old
OILSLICK94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
McKenzie said that the Flames liked BOS offer more(obviously) but Iginla had the final say.
So Iggy screwed the Flames and there fans, Why is nobody saying a word about that.

If he provided a list of 5 teams,
1. Pittsburgh
2. Boston
3. LA
4. Detroit
5. Chicago

Then that is all the say he should have, The team should be allowed to get the best Deal PERIOD. Thats B.S. from the player and agent.

If it was Pittsburgh all along, why have the list....of 5.

Old
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
they did but it did't matter as it seems like jaromes intentions were to go to pitt the whole time
No question about it. Craig Button making a fool of himself on TSN right now by saying if Jarome wanted to go to Pittsburgh, why would he have given a list of four teams?

What kind of bargaining power does Feaster have if Iginla comes out and says it is the Pens and only the Pens? He didn't have much to begin with even with a list of four.

Button is not a smart man.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:44 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

It's funny reading all these posts about how it was an awful deal for the Flames, that they didn't get enough or got ripped off. What the hell did fans here expect? Does no one pay attention to history here at all?

I said the same thing awhile ago when all this discussion started. Take a look at what rental players go for and the offers being suggested on the boards were ridiculous. We see this every time a star rental is dealt. It's not surprising or a rip off etc for the Flames here - this is the going rate for an aging veteran rental player in the NHL.

I said it in those discussions that Flames fans would be disappointed with the return that Iginla gets. He wasn't going to bring back a Bennett type player (which was being discussed at the time), or when talking about the Canucks (yes, he was NEVER going to be dealt to the Canucks) he wasn't going to return a Hansen type +. These type of assets never go for such players. Iginla got the return that you should expect for rentals like him - a 1st rounder which is obvious, and a couple of mid-range to decent prospects. This is what we see all the time. It shouldn't be a surprise.

The Flames got rental value for Iginla. Pittsburgh paid the expected rental price for him. Every single season I say the same thing on these boards when rental players come up, and every time such players get dealt fans talk about how it's a bad deal, they got ripped off, etc.

How many more players and more seasons of seeing rentals get moved before fans realize what rental value is?

Old
03-28-2013, 12:44 PM
SteelFish87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
The Yankees of the NHL....lets buy a championship!
lol. stupid comparison. Pens are under a salary cap

Old
03-28-2013, 12:45 PM
yoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Someone's having a bad day. I'm not for being arrogant at all, but holy guacamole.
Agreed. Chill out man Jesus.

As for the trade, LOVE it on multiple levels, not the least of which how it all went down. Good luck Calgary with the rebuild, Penguins looking scary right now. And Boston...

Old
MFSorcerer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILSLICK94 View Post
So Iggy screwed the Flames and there fans, Why is nobody saying a word about that.

1. Pittsburgh
2. Boston
3. LA
4. Detroit
5. Chicago

Then that is all the say he should have, The team should be allowed to get the best Deal PERIOD. Thats B.S. from the player and agent.

Old
SteelFish87*

Iginla looks very happy. He can't stop smiling!

Old
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

Quote:

1. Pittsburgh
2. Boston
3. LA
4. Detroit
5. Chicago

Posts like this are why players are willing to dig in and fight when they are in contact negotiations.

In my opinion, Iggy earned the right to go where he wanted to go. If anyone did, Iggy did.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:46 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Cousineau View Post
If this is the case, this makes me want Feaster gone more than anything. If anything, this makes him lose any respect he had remaining (if any at all). This is not how you negotiate with business partners - the idea is you keep them informed and not take the rug from under their feet at any given moment.
So Feaster is a hack for not holding out longer, but also for creating the illusion of a bidding war.. ...get a clue. Boston and Calgary are not business partners. They are competitors.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:46 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

Quote:

1. Pittsburgh
2. Boston
3. LA
4. Detroit
5. Chicago

While I'm happy as a Pens fan, I agree with you. Of all the rumored trades, if the Kings really offered Bernier/Toffoli, I think that's the one I would've taken.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:47 PM
fallsviewafro*
truculent

Watching the presser now... there's no way you can dislike this guy. All the best Iggy.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:49 PM
OILSLICK94

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
Posts like this are why players are willing to dig in and fight when they are in contact negotiations.

In my opinion, Iggy earned the right to go where he wanted to go. If anyone did, Iggy did.
Iggy earned what right? if it was Pittsburgh all along, why dangle other teams to Feaster.

Look I think Feaster is an IDIOT and a hypocrite. But he was obviously in a bind here. and I hate when players and there agents do this crap.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:50 PM
yoss

So relieved he won't be in a Bruins jersey. Good luck Iggy, hope you get your cup now, and happy that I'm going to be able to cheer for you. Can't wait to see him in a Pens uniform.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Luigi Lemieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya00 View Post
Hopefully Pittsburgh won't fall victim to having too much star power where nothing connects and almost everyone underachieves. Though right now they are rolling so I dont know
Doubt it. They added true character guys. They added two western conference captains aching to get their hands on their first cup.

Old
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFish87 View Post
Iginla looks very happy. He can't stop smiling!
That's a hell of a contrast with Ryan Smyth years ago

Anyway it's pretty understandable why. Guy is 35 and this is probably his best chance wo win the cup before he retires.

Old
vyktor

Quote:
Iggy earned what right? if it was Pittsburgh all along, why dangle other teams to Feaster.

Look I think Feaster is an IDIOT and a hypocrite. But he was obviously in a bind here. and I hate when players and there agents do this crap.
and how do you know Iginla did any such thing. maybe he told feaster up front he wanted to go to Pitt and feaster leaked the list of 5 as well as the done deal with boston th drive up the price.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:52 PM
VeteranNetPresence
Disco Super Fly.

iginla sounds like he's happy to be leaving lol

Old
03-28-2013, 12:52 PM
7thGuest

Don't understand why Feaster has to make the trade a week before the deadline. If he hold on longer would he get more in return for Iginla? Teams tend to get desperate when it get closer to the deadline.

And this is the take of this trade from Puck Daddy:
"Feasterís getting roasted like a suckling pig for this return for Iginla."

Old
03-28-2013, 12:53 PM
MFSorcerer*

Iggy going to Pittsburgh to play with the two best players in the world?

Uhh...Datsyuk is in Detroit and Giroux is in Philly. Oh, boy. Is Iggy going to be disappointed!!!

Old
Del Preston
1,000 Brown M&M's

vCash: 50
He looks like he's had the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders.

Old
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

"I saw the rumours last night...I had 'some' choice in (it being) Pittsburgh." ~Iginla

03-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Sony Eriksson*

So i wonder if Kipper still won't report if traded.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:55 PM
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime

God damn, Iggy is classy.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Yeti of the Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
God damn, Iggy is classy.
Seriously, what does this mean? How is he classy? For saying the default press conference things?

Closed Thread