HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

[CGY/PIT] Jarome Iginla for Kenneth Agostino, Ben Hanowski, 2013 1st rounder - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 01:35 PM
nTsplnk*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Verbal contracts are very much legitimate.
Then there wasn't a verbal contract in this case, otherwise Boston would legally have Iginla.

Check and mate. Nice try though.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:36 PM
MFSorcerer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherDigest View Post
Then there wasn't a verbal contract in this case, otherwise Boston would legally have Iginla.

No doubt. Weren't the Bruins saying that there was no deal done all day long yesterday?

Old
LukeD
On Fire

Sounds to me like maybe Feaster jumped the gun with accepting the Bruins offer.

Old
fallsviewafro*
truculent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti of the Flow View Post
For someone posting on an internet forum, you sure dislike discussion. Do you understand the point of a forum?
I like meaningful discussion, not rants and crying. Just because you have a position and are typing words about it does not mean its valid or worthwhile.

Do you also understand the correlation between only BOS fans being sore about it and everyone else not? Can you grasp concepts like "objectivity" and "vested interest" and their impact on your so-called "discussion?"

Old
mich25

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Not how business negotiations work. Boston were trying to bend Calgary over by offering conditional firsts and relatively weak prospects. People are suppossed to feal sorry for them? Throw the Flames a better offer, and their management will go to greater lengths to help you get a deal with Iggy done. Take a hard bargaining position, and the Flames will be less enthusiastic.

That's the way business works. Sorry Boston. As a Flames fan I would have lost it, if the return was conditional 1st plus mid-Russian prospect. The Pitts deal is much much better. Plus Iggy is more likely to win a cup and come back to Calgary.
Boston did not offer a conditional 1st. They offered a 1st. A solid 1st. Weak prospects. Hahaha. I've been around the last 4 out of the 5 Stanely Cup teams. Koko will be a solid great NHL player and Bart will be a 3rd pairing defenseman - he was the last player cut from the Bruins team. A team with lots of talent on it. Please...the offer was light years ahead of Pittsburgh's offer or 2 college players who don't even play in a competitive NCAA hockey program - they will probably only ever see limited NHL action if any at all. I'm a graduate of Boston College and I've been around Hobey Baker winners and guys drafted in the 1st round who have barely played any NHL games... A Yale player and St. Cloud player...I wont' tell you about those Yale and Dartmouth hockey players but look Hugh Jessiman and you'll figure it out!

Old
03-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Yeti of the Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallsviewafro View Post
I like meaningful discussion, not rants and crying. Just because you have a position and are typing words about it does not mean its valid or worthwhile.

Do you also understand the correlation between only BOS fans being sore about it and everyone else not? Can you grasp concepts like "objectivity" and "vested interest" and their impact on your so-called "discussion?"
Not only Boston fans are sore about this. Stop making false claims.

Old
nTsplnk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFSorcerer View Post
No doubt. Weren't the Bruins saying that there was no deal done all day long yesterday?
Yep-but Chia said there was a deal done today. A boston staff member even said it was done at the game last night.

So which is it?

It's all sour grapes. Plain and simple.

Old
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeD View Post
Sounds to me like maybe Feaster jumped the gun with accepting the Bruins offer.
Uhhh...no it doesn't. Sounds like Boston and the media jumped the gun. Even then, Boston kept saying there was no deal last night, but is now stating there was. Sounds like Boston trying to save face for allowing a competitor to get the best asset this trade line.

Old
PsYcNeT
The No-Fun Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
Boston did not offer a conditional 1st. They offered a 1st.
Proof, other than Chia's word?

Old
03-28-2013, 01:38 PM
MFSorcerer*

Quote:
Yep-but Chia said there was a deal done today. A boston staff member even said it was done at the game last night.

So which is it?

He either lied yesterday or today. Pretty sad they are having a presser to whine and moan.

Jeremy Jacob's team deserves all the bad breaks they get.

Old
dirk41

Quote:
It's business. Happens all the time.

There's a reason we have lawyers, contracts etc. Spoken words mean nothing.
You do know that oral contracts are generally valid and enforceable, right (not saying there was one here)?

Old
Nsjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Neither have been to the playoffs in years.

This gift keeps on giving.
Wait, are you truly saying that you don't the Pens have about the best shot at winning the Cup, or making it there? They have the TWO best players in the world, with about the best supporting cast you can have and one of the deepest blue lines in the game.

Old
mich25

Quote:

Verbal contracts very rarely have any legal holding ground. FACT. Also fact Feaster told Boston at 12 pm yesterday they WON per Chiarelli's press conference. He's not making **** up - come on! I'm sure his phone records show they talked at 12 pm, along with all the outgoing 20 sec calls to Feaster after 5pm....

Old
03-28-2013, 01:39 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:

So which is it?

All sour grapes, sure. I will admit I'm a little frustrated with the whole thing but I imagine the Bruins FO is livid.

I still contend that this is extremely bad business, and we will just have to agree to disagree.

Old
nTsplnk*

For a verbal agreement to be considered legal, there must be offer, acceptance, and consideration.

Also, all parties must be intent on making a deal. Iginla gave a non-legally binding list. Iginla wasn't intending on making a deal to go to Boston.

Plain and simple.

Old
PsYcNeT
The No-Fun Zone

Quote:
Verbal contracts very rarely have any legal holding ground. FACT. Also fact Feaster told Boston at 12 pm yesterday they WON. I'm sure his phone records show so along with all the outgoing 20 sec calls to Feaster after 5pm....
So you are expecting legal action from BOS over this?

Old
mlm

2 best players in the world

gag me with a spoon!

Old
03-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Pens1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
So you are expecting legal action from BOS over this?
Why not? Ottawa is getting CSI to prove Cooke intentionally cut EK.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:40 PM
nTsplnk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk41 View Post
You do know that oral contracts are generally valid and enforceable, right (not saying there was one here)?
Again, those aren't just spoken words.

They all require 3 pieces-offer acceptance and consideration. Not to mention ALL PARTIES MUST BE WILLING TO DO THE DEAL. Iginla was not willing to do the deal.

This doesn't apply here.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:41 PM
nTsplnk*

Quote:
Verbal contracts very rarely have any legal holding ground. FACT. Also fact Feaster told Boston at 12 pm yesterday they WON per Chiarelli's press conference. He's not making **** up - come on! I'm sure his phone records show they talked at 12 pm, along with all the outgoing 20 sec calls to Feaster after 5pm....
Proves my point either way. Verbal contracts exist but are very rarely easy to enforce.

Old
MFSorcerer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourque77bourque View Post
2 best players in the world

gag me with a spoon!

2 best forwards easily.

Old
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
it was NEVER a cond 1st round pick.

TSN ****ed up so hard jesus

Old
fallsviewafro*
truculent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti of the Flow View Post
Not only Boston fans are sore about this. Stop making false claims.
A lofty claim, and even if true, a large majority of the people upset with this are BOS fans, and that correlation can't be ignored. You can be technical as much as you'd like and miss the forest for the trees and again somehow insist that this is some travesty that everyone should be sad about, but... its not. And here you are...

Again, by all means, continue on your tirade. I'm not the one making myself screaming foul over a situation that I could not possibly hope to influence in any way, nor am I the one constantly grasping at straws to somehow justify their position to someone reminding them about the reality of the situation. I'm so sorry for your righteous outrage, and even moreso when I think about how futile it is.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:42 PM
McDoused

Quote:
This reminds me of Nylander signing with Edmonton. Until it hits the paper, it's all hearsay.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:42 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCanucks17 View Post
We all know whining isn't their style so I think it's kind of funny how they're having a press conference for this.
This post is amazing

Closed Thread