2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion VI: TBY not trading St. Louis

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 11:16 AM
MarchandNoseBest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickM32 View Post
I still can't believe Pittsburgh has sauced us on two deals.
I'm glad they did on Morrow. Iginla, not going to lie, that one kills me. This guy was such a perfect fit, the most reliable site for hockey news reports it as done only for it to be announced that he's going to our biggest competition. Just the ultimate kick in the balls.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:17 AM
SlickM32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchandNoseBest View Post
I'm glad they did on Morrow. Iginla, not going to lie, that one kills me. This guy was such a perfect fit, the most reliable site for hockey news reports it as done only for it to be announced that he's going to our biggest competition. Just the ultimate kick in the balls.
Only would happen to us. This one stings, all the Hossa, Kovalchuk, Pronger stuff was just whispers. This one was done.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:17 AM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
What's stupid is that you actually believe GM's are on the phone working out deals THE ENTIRE DAY. I'm sure if Chiarelli gives the media 15 minutes of his time, we are really going to miss out on deals badly. He can't just call the other GM back if someone wants to talk trade with him when he's doing his press conference. Actually, no, that's exactly what he can do. Stop being dumb.
I will just bold the above and step back.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Fire Sweeney

Here is my report from Chia's conference:

The trade market is slow, he remains cautiously optimistic that he will add a roster player or two, a winger for the top 9, and a defenseman capable of logging some minutes . He's been clear to other GM's he's not willing to trade roster players or prospects.

In other words, here come Dave Scatchard and Andreas Lilja.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:20 AM
SlickM32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post

The trade market is slow, he remains cautiously optimistic that he will add a roster player or two, a winger for the top 9, and a defenseman capable of logging some minutes . He's been clear to other GM's he's not willing to trade roster players or prospects.

We'd like to announce we have signed Petr Tenkrat to a 5 year, 30 million dollar deal with a NMC, and have also acquired Tomas Kaberle from the Montreal Canadiens for Jordan Caron, 1st round pick and a conditional 2nd. We've also traded Tuukka Rask for Andrew Raycroft.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:21 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Chia always takes his lumps here; but he's a damn fine GM. I'm sure he's at least as upset as some of us about the way the deal went down.

I think he still adds something to this team in the next week, and they rally in the underdog role. Suits as so much better anyway!!

Old
03-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post

Threw up in my mouth

Old
03-28-2013, 11:23 AM
ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
@NHLBruins: Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli will be available to the media at 2:00 pm at TD Garden

He's going to tell us, that he did it. Yes it was a challange but in the end he was able to stick to his guns and not trade the next one "Malcom Subban" and for all Bruins fans not to fear because he's not going to buckle under pressure no matter what the offers are or how good of a chance it could help the Bruins in their attempt to win a cup , and do not fear Subban will be a Bruin and maybe even PK in two yrs time as well.

Also that he has recently been told by Soderberg agent that the only way Carl Soderberg comes to NA is if he plays for the Penguins. At this time he is in on going talks with Mr. Shero and he reiterates don't worry Subban is untouchable.

Last edited by ORR2Sanderson2ORR: 03-28-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 11:26 AM
MarchandNoseBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
I will just bold the above and step back.
Ok, so you don't believe that? Good, we are making progress if so. Why would you make a comment like "he should be working the phone lines instead" then? One thing has nothing to do with the other. We aren't missing out on any trades because Chia takes 15 minutes out of his day to update the fans and media (not that I'm expecting any great updates personally).

Old
03-28-2013, 11:29 AM
chrisab123

Quote:
Originally Posted by nORRis Trophy View Post
He's going to tell us, that he did it. Yes it was a challange but in the end he was able to stick to his guns and not trade the next one "Malcom Subban" and for all Bruins fans not to fear because he's not going to buckle under pressure no matter what the offers are or how good of a chance it could help the Bruins in their attempt to win a cup , and do not fear Subban will be a Bruin and maybe even PK in two yrs time as well.
MALCOM SUBBAN HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IGINLA...nothing. Why does this keep getting rehashed...Iginla thought the Penguins were better, move on!

Old
03-28-2013, 11:29 AM
BruinsFan64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssault View Post
Nah, Aaron Ward would have reported it already

Old
03-28-2013, 11:42 AM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
Ok, so you don't believe that? Good, we are making progress if so. Why would you make a comment like "he should be working the phone lines instead" then? One thing has nothing to do with the other. We aren't missing out on any trades because Chia takes 15 minutes out of his day to update the fans and media (not that I'm expecting any great updates personally).
I agree with most of your posts bud, but I think a GM that just lost out on his "big trade" with 6 days to go should be planning and communicating at least 18 hours a day toward fixing what happened. There is plenty of time to talk to media when it's all done. He is on the clock right now. We can disagree, but that's how I feel. I know when I have a deadline I barely sleep when work can be done...and I make a fraction of Chia's salary. Either way it doesn't look good

Old
03-28-2013, 11:44 AM
bruinmann77

How many have jumped off the bridges cause we didnt get a anging 35 year old.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:56 AM
patty59

I hope that hockeyinsiderrrrrr guy is in Ward's kitchen right now.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Over the volcano

Funny watching the posters who claimed Chia didn't have the balls to make a big move shift their criticism without skipping a beat.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:04 PM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Funny watching the posters who claimed Chia didn't have the balls to make a big move shift their criticism without skipping a beat.
I'm still on board with that. big moves are out there and nothing has been done for 2 years. So...yeah.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Sevren

Getting Streit and/or Jagr would make me feel a lot better

Old
03-28-2013, 12:20 PM
SergeiSamsonov*

You guys know they're still the fourth or fifth team in the entire NHL right? There's way too much whining going on right now.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:25 PM
NeelyDan

You guys slamming Chiarelli should just hand in your fan cards, seriously. Get a grip.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Over the volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
I'm still on board with that. big moves are out there and nothing has been done for 2 years. So...yeah.
Which are the big moves you would have done that he missed?

Old
03-28-2013, 12:27 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeelyDan View Post
You guys slamming Chiarelli should just hand in your fan cards, seriously. Get a grip.
Not bashing Chiarelli at all. He did all he could. I just hope he stands pat now instead of overpaying for mediocrity. I bash this team & their complete inability to play full games, hold leads or play with any urgency or passion. I know our prospects aren't great & most will bust, but I'd rather give them a shot than polish this titanic.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:29 PM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Which are the big moves you would have done that he missed?
Legit 40 goal scorer- Vanek, Gaborik...Nash last year.

We have no power play.

If the Pens found a way to get multiple top salary guys the Bruins could fit ONE. That 6 million for Looch looks really suspect right now, etc. etc. etc.

There are ways to clear cap space.

To be clear- I don't blame Chia for the Iginla deal...he got screwed.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:30 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinmann77 View Post
How many have jumped off the bridges cause we didnt get a anging 35 year old.
Me. I love Iginla my ******** is out of this world today.

Hopefully the "real" Iginla of 5 years ago is a distant memory and the player Pitt got will not be able to perform at that level. I was convinced that in black and gold we'd see a "prime" Iggy this playoffs though.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:33 PM
chrisab123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiSamsonov View Post
You guys know they're still the fourth or fifth team in the entire NHL right? There's way too much whining going on right now.
There is no rationalizing with them, once the blow it up crowd is out its only downhill from here. Celtics suck? Blow it up! Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl in 8 years? Blow it up!!!! Red Sox? Blow it up!!! The fascination of youngsters and playing the kids is absolutely bat**** crazy. Now people want to blow it up because the Bruins are apparently already eliminated from the playoffs due to the Iginla trade.

Maybe they won't win, but maybe I'm just crazy and think they still can beat Pittsburgh (which clearly isn't the popular opinion here)...those people might as well take the crying stuff over to the Penguins board and trade in their Neely jerseys for some shiny new Iginla jerseys, because clearly the Penguins have constructed the greates juggernaut since the "Heatles"

Old
03-28-2013, 12:33 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeelyDan View Post

Closed Thread