HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs @ Canucks 8 PM MDT || Ugh

Old
03-28-2013, 11:39 PM
WornWithPride
24 cups? Who cares.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
Granato had a team to work with that was magnitudes better, even on his second run as head coach. Sacco was given the ingredients to make a grilled cheese sandwich and people are expecting him to make filet mignon out of it.
Actually, Id be fine with the grilled cheese. This lump of coal he's giving to us on the other hand, is unacceptable.

WornWithPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:41 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Loved the effort tonight.

+ Parenteau and Johnson were the best players tonight.

I understand why people will blame the defensive core and all that, but RoB is seriously the main reason I can think of why we have lost the last 3 games or so.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Granato had a team to work with that was magnitudes better, even on his second run as head coach. Sacco was given the ingredients to make a grilled cheese sandwich and people are expecting him to make filet mignon out of it.
except in the realm of taking an analogy too far, he's taken the ingredients to make a grilled cheese sandwhich, burnt the cheese, and turned the bread into the drink.

falconski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
Overall I thought Ej continued his strong play from the end of last game, and Pap had a good bounce back game.
If we had anybody who was competent on offense he would have easily had 2 assists tonight maybe even more. How in the heck does Hejduk miss that bunny in the 1st period? That was an awesome play by EJ just to have Hejduk blow it.

Everyone keeps trying to compare him to Shattenkirk, but its not a fair fight. Shatty gets the opportunity to play with a high quality partner, and gets tons of PP time with high quality players. EJ gets Hunwick and gets maybe 45 seconds a PP with a mediocre PP unit.

If he ever gets a credible D partner, his stats will rise significantly. Outsiders will wonder what the heck happened to make such a drastic change.

chet1926 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:42 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
EJ and Hunny have been great, they actually look like a top pairing right now. Ryan O'Byrne continues to look like crap, in the past 2 games I could fault him for 5 of the 6 goals against.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:42 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thghtfulshadow View Post
Trade him!!
I am probably in a very small minority here. But I would rather see us trade Obyrne, and Zanon before we move Hunny, possibly even Obrien.

Hunwick has some skill. He's got good speed, can work a PP decently, and a decent puck mover. His Defensive game behind the net is below average, but he has a good stick off the rush, and can break up plays as they enter our zone decently.

If he played the role he is capable of, which is a #5 or 6 Offensive Dman, getting 10 Mins of even strength time a game, and 2 Mins of PP time, he would be effective for us. The problem is he's being forced into a role that he cant play, and the holes in his game are being lit up like a Christmas tree because of the added pressure.

I would keep Hunny for our bottom pairing, if we can find the right guys to put in our Top 4.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by WornWithPride View Post
Actually, Id be fine with the grilled cheese. This lump of coal he's giving to us on the other hand, is unacceptable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconski View Post
except in the realm of taking an analogy too far, he's taken the ingredients to make a grilled cheese sandwhich, burnt the cheese, and turned the bread into the drink.
You guys both got it wrong, this is more like what Sacco did.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
Greg Sherman probably has so much vcash.
Nope. Lost it all matching a vOffer Sheet.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:46 PM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

When I first signed up here the joke was always that I was the real Greg Sherman... well guess what?

I AM.

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:48 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
The solution is quite simple, really. Give Erik Johnson and whoever his partner is 25 minutes per game, and then give Jan Hejda and Tyson Barrie 23 minutes per game, while giving the other two pylons on the 3rd pairing 12 minutes and praying they don't get scored on. The forwards on this team are more than capable of scoring enough goals for us to win games if they are allowed to be creative, especially on the powerplay and not just stagnant. Obviously this would wear the defenseman on our team down and it isn't healthy which proves your point to an extent about the grill cheese ingredients but you see where I'm coming from lol

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
When I first signed up here the joke was always that I was the real Greg Sherman... well guess what?

I AM.
Hey Greg, quick question for you...

Is your avatar a teaser of things to come for the Avs? Will Strombone1 be joining the burgundy and blue soon enough?

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:50 PM
Thghtfulshadow
Respect the Viking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
I am probably in a very small minority here. But I would rather see us trade Obyrne, and Zanon before we move Hunny, possibly even Obrien.

Hunwick has some skill. He's got good speed, can work a PP decently, and a decent puck mover. His Defensive game behind the net is below average, but he has a good stick off the rush, and can break up plays as they enter our zone decently.

If he played the role he is capable of, which is a #5 or 6 Offensive Dman, getting 10 Mins of even strength time a game, and 2 Mins of PP time, he would be effective for us. The problem is he's being forced into a role that he cant play, and the holes in his game are being lit up like a Christmas tree because of the added pressure.

I would keep Hunny for our bottom pairing, if we can find the right guys to put in our Top 4.
I agree but I actually would rather keep O'Brien and get rid of Hu wick as Barrie and Elliot make Hunwick expendable imo

Thghtfulshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:59 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsWraith View Post
Watch, Sherman won't do a damn thing at the trade deadline, and won't fire Sacco because he still has a year left and Kroenke won't want to pay him to leave.

I have the same felling. This is a short season, and Sacco deserves another chance to prove himself over a full season.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:00 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Why would someone (Chambers?) ask Duchene about Seth Jones right now?

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:00 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Fake Avs Management ‏@AvsMgmt

Get your family 4-pack for Saturday! Your family of 4 will be packed into the #Avs net in an attempt to actually stop a shot from going in
Expand

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:02 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Lol what? What did he say?

Old
03-29-2013, 12:03 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
I have the same felling. This is a short season, and Sacco deserves another chance to prove himself over a full season.
I hope that's sarcasm

Old
03-29-2013, 12:04 AM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Lol what? What did he say?
From Chambers Twitter:
Quote:
Duchene skated with Seth Jones last summer: "He's a good player but I'm not going to talk about him. It's not like he's part of our team ...
Quote:
"That's not what we're going for. We're trying to get as high in the standings as we can." -- Duchene on Jones

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:05 AM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
rob is his worse enemy. Anyone have +/- stat on obyrne in the last 10 games?
+1, -1, -1, -1, +1, 0, 0, -3, 0, -2 for a total of -6. Before that he was apparently even in +/- through some dark sorcery I don't understand.

Zih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:05 AM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Isn't it what we are all excited about these days? I wish he had asked Sacco too about Jones.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:08 AM
Mant*

Quote:
The solution is quite simple, really. Give Erik Johnson and whoever his partner is 25 minutes per game, and then give Jan Hejda and Tyson Barrie 23 minutes per game, while giving the other two pylons on the 3rd pairing 12 minutes and praying they don't get scored on. The forwards on this team are more than capable of scoring enough goals for us to win games if they are allowed to be creative, especially on the powerplay and not just stagnant. Obviously this would wear the defenseman on our team down and it isn't healthy which proves your point to an extent about the grill cheese ingredients but you see where I'm coming from lol
I have plenty of faith in our centers, but we need another left and right winger of 1st and 2nd line quality. Landeskog and Parenteau are the only two wingers on this team that should be on the top lines. McGinn, Jones, Palushaj... these are 3rd liners at best, more realistically 4th liners, on a playoff team. Hejduk has completely declined, and though he still has the shot, he doesn't have the legs any more for the role he has always filled.

We pick up a pair of top line wingers and it will turn this team around, because right now this team doesn't have a one-two punch... it has a left jab and a limp-wristed slap. All it takes is shutting down the Duchene line and this team is completely neutered, as it lacks the talent on the other lines to pick up the slack.

The 3rd and 4th lines aren't really the problem at all, other than 3rd and 4th line players being on the top two lines.

When it comes to defense, it should be cleaned out entirely with the exception of Johnson and Barrie. Everyone other than them would be the 3rd pairing or 7th and 8th reserves on a playoff team.

Goaltending I'm confident in moving forward, even if Varly hasn't been so sharp lately.

If Sacco had a team the quality of what Granato had, I'd be all for blaming it all on him... but he doesn't. He doesn't have the scorers, he doesn't have the defensemen, and he doesn't have the veteran leadership on the ice. Management needs to make good on the statement that the would start spending once the new CBA was finalized.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:09 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Isn't it what we are all excited about these days? I wish he had asked Sacco too about Jones.
He would have told you that he was a healthy scratch because he has been our 14th best forward this season, not knowing who seth jones actually is

Old
03-29-2013, 12:12 AM
iceberg

Quote:
I hope that's sarcasm
No sarcasm. It's what i expect to hear from Sherman after the season.

Not that i agree with it.

Old
03-29-2013, 12:14 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Loved the effort tonight.

+ Parenteau and Johnson were the best players tonight.

I understand why people will blame the defensive core and all that, but RoB is seriously the main reason I can think of why we have lost the last 3 games or so.
That's what tank commander ROB gets paid the big bucks for. I'm really impressed by how Joe Sacco's managed to turn this tank around, it looked like we might be in the hunt for a playoff spot there for a minute just a few short weeks back.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:14 AM
BusterBluth

Quote:
Why!?!? It's a legit question, we are the worst team in the league, and Jones is the favorite to go 1st overall.
It's disrespectful is why. Dutchy was right to state that Jones is not an Av and that he is irrelevant to the discussion.

He didn't like discussing OReilly and OReilly was an RFA. Chambers knows that. Why bring up a non-Av after a loss as if its relevant?

BusterBluth is offline   Reply With Quote