HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Prospect Talk Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2013, 09:35 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
- TT has another year left on his deal in Finland
- McNeill is far from NHL and needs a few years in AHL
- Danault I could see winning roster spot next year if he beats out one of the Black Aces. His D game could translate to NHL now and his C/W experience provides Q options for lineup

My guess

TT in NHL in 3 years along with Danault and McNeill either still in AHL or traded
Agree essentially verbatim, except I think that Danault will be a safe third line guy three years from now. McNeill seems more poised for an AHL career while Teravainen will hopefully be the best of the three.

Old
06-26-2013, 05:26 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Danault will be in the NHL soon enough

McNeill needs more seasoning

Teräväinen will have an out clause in his contract that would allow him to come over if we want it

I hope Teräväinen reaches his potential and the projected ceiling but ends up the worst of those 3

Old
06-26-2013, 09:03 AM
Illinihockey

Ideally TT does Finland next year, Rockford the year after, then is ready to replace Sharp after the next season

Old
06-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I think Sharp will still be a usefull player then and still will be in the Top9

Old
06-26-2013, 02:17 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Teravainen will most likely step into the NHL after next year. Danault and McNeill both need some AHL time, but neither is far from the NHL. The souring on McNeill is quite strange, considering 90% of the board doesn't watch him play.. have you guys taken a look at Andrew Ladd's WHL career? And he played on better teams than McNeill.

Old
06-26-2013, 03:15 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Teravainen will most likely step into the NHL after next year. Danault and McNeill both need some AHL time, but neither is far from the NHL. The souring on McNeill is quite strange, considering 90% of the board doesn't watch him play.. have you guys taken a look at Andrew Ladd's WHL career? And he played on better teams than McNeill.
not getting the McNeill hate either. It seems once one posters sours on a prospect a number of others follow suit.

nothing wrong with McNeill, the kid improved almost every basic way this season. he likely needs the entire year in the AHL but there is nothing wrong with that as we have guys ahead of him on the depth chart and we aren't going through whole sale changes.

Morin, Smith, Pirri, J. Hayes, and LeBlanc all are on the cusp of being NHL regulars. We are losing Stalberg, Mayers, and Handzus and potentially one of Frolik, Bickell, or Bolland depending on how they want to do this...Not a ton of spots opening as Carcillo (if still here) likely takes a bigger role on the fourth line, but 2-3 of the names mentioned above likely start with the Hawks next year.

Ben Smith and Jeremy Morin are the two wingers to start with the Hawks, and a battle between Pirri and LeBlanc for that center spot.

I put Handzus is gone as I doubt he comes back another season, dude got beat up in the playoffs, he won his Stanley Cup and now he can ride off into the sunset...he would be welcome back, just doubt he wants to do the grind yet again...we will see.

Old
06-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Interesting

Having low opinion of McNeill = Hate
Having low opinion of Hayes = Reasonable

Kevin Hayes has been solid development and all I ever here on this board is how terrible he is

Old
06-26-2013, 03:46 PM
RomersWorld*

I think K. Hayes has a higher NHL upside, but McNeill is a safer bet to play for the Hawks. The thing I like about McNeill is that he has good size, can play physical and can play a good two-way game. I could see him being a plus player on the 4th line on a deep team like the Hawks in the future. Hopefully in Rockford they preach faceoffs, faceoffs, faceoffs. McNeill and Danault both weren't very noticeable in their games with Rockford but they didn't get much time either. But Danault seemed like he got more time at center than McNeill did actually.

K. Hayes is hard to judge because where he is playing, but I really love his tools. He has good skating, great vision, great playmaking ability and good size. He has the ability to be the 2nd line center we are missing at the moment...but he does seem like a guy who might take a bit longer. He needs to work on goal scoring and not passing too much...being more aggressive. I did see some improvement from last year to this year from Hayes. I think the thing that upsets some people is the great players that would already be pushing for a Hawks roster spot like Etem, Coyle, Nelson, Howden, ect drafted right after him.

Old
06-26-2013, 05:21 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Interesting

Having low opinion of McNeill = Hate
Having low opinion of Hayes = Reasonable

Kevin Hayes has been solid development and all I ever here on this board is how terrible he is
A poster said he doesn't think McNeill amounts to anything more than a career AHLer. What is that opinion based on? Because he didn't improve his stats off his draft year? I don't get it.

McNeill is physically mature, he's big, he's skilled, he plays a good two-way game and he can skate. Just because he may not be a top-6 NHLer, doesn't mean he'll amount to nothing in the NHL - and I'm certainly not ruling him out as a top-6 NHL talent some day.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:25 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

fact of the matter... unless you have season tix of the teams they play in junior/NCAA we all know about as much as the others. We read about them and only see a handful of games on TV/Internet if lucky enough.
Hogs is a bit different as is european players cause of the more games you are able to see and the bigger coverage

Old
06-27-2013, 12:48 PM
ChiGuySez
#Team GammaRayBurst

McNeil hasnt shown much even at camp. Im not holding my breath on him. Great if he develops but whatever. Its also questionable if he can make it at center. I wouldnt be surprise if hes moved to wing.

KHayes has shown he can play in the NHL. Biggest problem is hes looking more and more like Daze v2 without as much offense as Daze had.

Old
06-27-2013, 12:51 PM
MagicSlap*

When exactly has Hayes showed he can play in the NHL?

Old
06-27-2013, 12:51 PM
unbridledid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
McNeil hasnt shown much even at camp. Im not holding my breath on him. Great if he develops but whatever. Its also questionable if he can make it at center. I wouldnt be surprise if hes moved to wing.

KHayes has shown he can play in the NHL. Biggest problem is hes looking more and more like Daze v2 without as much offense as Daze had.
Can you expand on that ?

Old
06-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Red Mosquito

I'm guessing he means Jimmy Hayes, because Kevin hasn't showed jack.

As for Jimmy - there's some similarities between him and Bickell. He has even more potential than Bickell (despite not having the nasty wrister Bickell has). And like Bickell, a mean streak doesn't come natural to him and he's going to need to learn it eventually if he wants to have a nice career in the NHL.

Old
06-27-2013, 12:57 PM
MagicSlap*

I don't really see Jimmy having more potential than Bickell given that Bickell and he are very similar except Jimmy lacks Bickell's wrister.

Neither are great skaters, struggle with bringing consistent intensity but do a lot of other things well, Bickell just has a great shot to go along with it. I'd even say Bickell is a better skater than Jimmy too.

Old
06-27-2013, 12:59 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Bickell is a much better skater. Hayes is a decent 4th line option for next year.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Red Mosquito

I think Jimmy Hayes is probably bigger and stronger and could be a monster near the net if he gets a mean streak.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:03 PM
ChiGuySez
#Team GammaRayBurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I'm guessing he means Jimmy Hayes, because Kevin hasn't showed jack.
Yes. JHayes. Always get them mixed up. The one who doesnt wear the garbage bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
Can you expand on that ?
Big and soft.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:07 PM
unbridledid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Yes. JHayes. Always get them mixed up. The one who doesnt wear the garbage bag.

Big and soft.
Daze spent a lot of time in front of the net didn't he ?

Old
06-27-2013, 01:15 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I can honestly see the Hawks packaging Jayes in a deal with Bolland as Morin and Ben Smith seem ahead of him for spots. The Hawks seem to want a lot more from Hayes and maybe they move him to a team that really wants his size and net presence...

I think Hayes deserves a shot as he played well on the power play, parked his butt around the net and has decent offensive skill...but he could be packaged to get a nice pick in return so who knows.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:15 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I think Jimmy Hayes is probably bigger and stronger and could be a monster near the net if he gets a mean streak.
I mean he probably has a bigger stature by a little bit but Bickell to me seems stronger and meaner. Bickell is a better player than Jimmy ever will be IMO.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:31 PM
unbridledid

..any idea with the Hawks will do regarding Kyle Beach ?

Old
06-27-2013, 01:35 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
..any idea with the Hawks will do regarding Kyle Beach ?
that ship has likely sailed. move him to get a fresh start as he seems buried on our depth chart.

I wouldnt mind giving him 10 games on the 4th line to see what he could do, but I don't think Bowman and co. are fans of his.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
that ship has likely sailed. move him to get a fresh start as he seems buried on our depth chart.

I wouldnt mind giving him 10 games on the 4th line to see what he could do, but I don't think Bowman and co. are fans of his.
Beach is a average bottom 6 talent in AHL ,, He is not getting any games in NHL nor does he deserve any

Bollig is much better option then Beach at this point

Old
06-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Blue Liner

What can my Dub friends tell me about how Travis Brown's season ended up? Looking forward to seeing his progress.

Closed Thread