HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Prospect Talk Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2013, 04:53 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I'd rather see a. broadhurst in rockford than beach...at least broadhurst has potential.
Serious question: How does Alex Broadhurst have more potential than Beach? Kyle Beach put up a better PpG as a 17-year-old in the WHL as Alex Broadhurst put up as a 19-year-old in London, on a stacked team.

Old
06-29-2013, 04:56 PM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I fully expect the Hawks to let Sauve walk.
You don't know that whatsoever.

Old
06-29-2013, 04:58 PM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
Serious question: How does Alex Broadhurst have more potential than Beach? Kyle Beach put up a better PpG as a 17-year-old in the WHL as Alex Broadhurst put up as a 19-year-old in London, on a stacked team.
Poor Kyle Beach, getting squeezed out by younger prospects.

Old
06-29-2013, 05:03 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
You don't know that whatsoever.
Oh my god. No **** Sherlock. It was an opinion. God damn.

Old
06-29-2013, 05:04 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Poor Kyle Beach, getting squeezed out by younger prospects.
Not by Alex Broadhurst. By McNeill and Danault? Sure.. but he hasn't been pushed out yet anyways.

Old
06-29-2013, 05:07 PM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
Not by Alex Broadhurst. By McNeill and Danault? Sure.. but he hasn't been pushed out yet anyways.
You also realize the Chicago Blackhawks have already shipped out the goon squad at the forward position?

Paradis
Flick
Beach - next

Old
06-29-2013, 05:11 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
You also realize the Chicago Blackhawks have already shipped out the goon squad at the forward position?

Paradis
Flick
Beach - next
The "goon" squad? Flick was a fighter, and Paradis would drop the gloves, but none of those players are "goons" and both Flick and Paradis can play. The closest thing Chicago has to a goon is Bollig, who's on the Hawks.

Paradis and Flick were moved because both topped out as 4th liners in the AHL, and Chicago wanted to clear some contracts - which is part of the reason why I doubt Chicago qualifies Sauve, as he was acquired from Boston for Rob Flick, in what most believe was a move to clear a contract as Savue's deal ends this summer.

Old
06-29-2013, 05:13 PM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
Paradis and Flick were moved because both topped out as 4th liners in the AHL.
Fourth line goons which seems the path that Beach will top out in the AHL.

Old
06-29-2013, 05:15 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Fourth line goons which seems the path that Beach will top out in the AHL.
He's already proven he can play pretty much anywhere in top-9 in the AHL. So, no.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Kind of disappointed that Dillon Fournier wasn't invited to the Canada under 20 camp.

http://hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Team-Ca...er-Camp/Roster

I notice a few other dmen from the 2nd round last year that will be there.
Fournier injury/struggles during regular season this past year likely hurt him

Strong playoff wasn't enough to overcome his poor regular season

Old
06-29-2013, 08:41 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Fournier injury/struggles during regular season this past year likely hurt him

Strong playoff wasn't enough to overcome his poor regular season
I thought it would've been enough. Meh, all he needs is a big season and maybe he'll get an invite to the WJC selection camp in December.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:49 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I wasn't expecting Fournier to get an invite. Too much talent/depth on Canada's blueline for his age group. He could still get an invite to the December camp, but he'd pretty much have to be scoring at a PpG and be playing great defense to do so and even that likely won't be enough to make the team, and maybe not enough for an invite either.

Rielly, Reinhart, Dumba and Pouliot are all locks IMO, so long as they're all in the CHL (which they should be, IMO). That leaves 3 spots. You would think Adam Pelech makes the team, given how much Hockey Canada seems to like him. Then you're down to 2 between Darnell Nurse, Michael Matheson (who I expect to be on the team), Ryan Pulock, Josh Morrissey and Matt Finn.. That's simply too difficult a defense for Fournier to crack. That doesn't mean he's bad, it's just a really good age group of Dmen.

At this point, IMO, Brandon Whitney has the best chance to represent the Hawks on Canada at the WJC. If he has a good start to the year, coupled with his great playoff last year, he should get a December camp invite.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:59 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

I know that HC claims that WJC is a tournament for 19 year olds...but given that it's going to be in Toronto in 2015, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide the "tie-breaker" spots in favour of 1995s thinking they'll be back again the next year.

I'd be pretty surprised if Whitney makes it. HC seems to have gone off him...i think 1 and 2 will be Paterson and Fucale. I guess Whitney has a shot at 3 but I doubt it.

Old
06-29-2013, 09:07 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Whitney was just at Hockey Canada's goalie development camp a week or so ago. I haven't seen/heard anything to suggest Hockey Canada doesn't like him. He'll have his chances to prove himself this year. Hopefully he takes advantage of it, because the starting job this year is up for grabs.

Old
06-29-2013, 09:23 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

Quote:
Whitney was just at Hockey Canada's goalie development camp a week or so ago. I haven't seen/heard anything to suggest Hockey Canada doesn't like him. He'll have his chances to prove himself this year. Hopefully he takes advantage of it, because the starting job this year is up for grabs.
honestly, i think the starter is going to be paterson. i suppose it's possible that this changes if he looks horrible or gets injured but i think unlikely.

i also think fucale will be there as the #2 or 3.

Old
06-29-2013, 09:27 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I have a hard time believing HC has pencilled anyone into that starter role at this point. Paterson's been good but not great in Saginaw, and had a great December camp last year.. but that doesn't mean much at this point, IMO. I mean, it means he'll be at the December camp no doubt, but there's no guarantee he'll start just because he was on the team last year as the third string goaltender. This is going to be the most wide-open goaltending battle in a while for Canada.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:46 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

Quote:
I have a hard time believing HC has pencilled anyone into that starter role at this point. Paterson's been good but not great in Saginaw, and had a great December camp last year.. but that doesn't mean much at this point, IMO. I mean, it means he'll be at the December camp no doubt, but there's no guarantee he'll start just because he was on the team last year as the third string goaltender. This is going to be the most wide-open goaltending battle in a while for Canada.
I doubt they've pencilled anyone in - god knows Canada's goaltending situation is nothing to brag about - but I still think it will be Paterson/Fucale.

In any event, given that one of our prospects is in the mix, this is a prediction I will be very happy to be wrong about.

Old
06-30-2013, 05:25 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

hope for Whitney to get it done and gets some starts. I like his chances

Old
06-30-2013, 08:31 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Hold everything! Stephan Johns now turning pro!? YEAH BABY!

–All indications now are Stephen Johns is forgoing his senior season at Notre Dame and making the jump to pro hockey.

As we’ve covered here on TTMI back in April, Johns had been non-committal when discussing his intentions for the 2013-14 season.

The Blackhawks did encourage Johns to leave school after his sophomore season as well, but he and his family felt school was more important. Johns then missed the 2012 summer prospect camp in Chicago as well. Then, this past spring, there was a belief that Johns would report to Rockford once the Notre Dame season ended to get some professional seasoning, but that didn’t wind up happening either. Johns would have first signed an amateur tryout contract with Rockford for the remainder of the recently concluded season, followed by an NHL contract with the Blackhawks but evidently had yet to make up his mind about his future at that time and wasn’t ready to finalize it by playing a game in the American League, which would have ended his collegiate career.

Then, in mid-April, Johns sent mixed signals in an interview with his hometown paper right after Notre Dame got bounced from the NCAA tournament by St. Cloud State. But now it appears will declare his intentions to turn pro.

Johns also hinted this on his Twitter account, saying on June 15th, “Back to ND for one last time. Crazy.”

When speaking to the Ellwood City Ledger in April, the 6-foot 4-inch, 230 pound blue line prospect spoke of working out this off season with taking another shot at the NCAA Frozen Four as his focus.

“It’s the dream of anyone playing college hockey,” Johns told the Ellwood City Ledger. “I plan on going back there next year. That’s my motivation.”

If and when Johns does declare his intentions to forgo his senior season at Notre Dame, the Blackhawks will then need to sign him.

Entire article: http://thethirdmanin.com/2013/06/29/...nd-usa-hockey/

Old
06-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

maybe they trade him??

Old
06-30-2013, 11:34 AM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

So johns is returning for his senior year? How does that equate to him turning pro?

Old
06-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Nothingman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSeabs27 View Post
So johns is returning for his senior year? How does that equate to him turning pro?
I too am confused. Looks like he is going back to ND for his senior year to me.

Old
06-30-2013, 07:48 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I too am confused. Looks like he is going back to ND for his senior year to me.
All indications now are Stephen Johns is forgoing his senior season at Notre Dame and making the jump to pro hockey.

Old
06-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Hawkscap

What indications are those?

Old
06-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Nothingman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher42 View Post
What indications are those?
Tat is what I am getting at. Title says one thing while the article basically backs up another. See......I actually read the thing. Not just the title.

Closed Thread