Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

What now for the Attack?

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2005, 09:47 AM
balddog66

vCash: 500
What now for the Attack?

After a great season and a dissapointing playoffs...looking to next year who returns to the Attack. I'm never sure of the cuttoff for overagers, but I'm quite certain Jarrett, Big Snake and Lehun (this years) will not be back...and other like Richardson, Smyth, Bissonnette, Ruzicka, Angelidis, and Brown, may be available as overagers, but likely will go to the AHL.
So their roster for sure will include: With number of eligible OHL years in brackets.

Ryan (2) Hanley (2) Giles (2)
Brochu (2) Liske (3) Gongalsky (1)
Kang (3)

Sekera (1) Lamb (2)
Koverko (2) Sanguinetti (3)
Peckham (2)

Conway (3)
A lot will depend on who returns as overagers, the defense looks quite strong for the next couple years, and the addition of Matt Kang should help make up for the loss of offense up front, plus a maturing Bobby Ryan who could have a monster Corey Perry like year (or he could go the route other high picks have had, Stewart, Carter and Richards and not improve their overal stats that much).

Any thoughts from other fans?

Old
04-13-2005, 05:38 PM
BHLCommish

I've seen Kang play in junior A and he's very skilled. Personally I would even prefer him over Cogliano. I wouldn't be suprised to see him put up 60 points next year.

Old
04-13-2005, 06:22 PM
FearTheFlyers

Defence looks good but unless they get 100 goals from somewhere( Overagers, Import, Draft) they have not near enough scoring.

Old
04-14-2005, 11:22 AM
balddog66

Todays Owen Sound paper shed some light on my questions.
They predict that Goalie Mike Brown will be asked to return as an overagers with
Smyth and Bissonnette also available (however they seem to have the depth on d already)
If Richardson or Ruzicka don't sign with their NHL clubs they also could be back, which would be a huge boost to the offense...and signing all depends on what the NHL decides to do with the 2 year signing rule...if Owen Sound could get both of Richardson and Ruzicka to return...they certainly can contend next year as well.

Old
04-15-2005, 11:01 AM
thomasincanada

interesting article if pfligler & brown

http://www.mlive.com/sports/sanews/i...7662520680.xml

"brown's massive ego?" - I don't know much about this guy - any OS people hear anything like that about the guy?

Tom

Old
04-15-2005, 06:54 PM
FearTheFlyers

Nah that's just crap from Saginaw fans who are pissed because he wanted to leave their joke of an organization.

Old
04-15-2005, 11:14 PM
trahans99

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Nah that's just crap from Saginaw fans who are pissed because he wanted to leave their joke of an organization.
Right now the only organization thats getting joked about is OS after choking big time !!!!

Old
04-16-2005, 12:40 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

If you saw any of the Kitchener/Owen Sound games (and I suspect that you didn't - after all, neither of them wears green) you'd know that the games were all close until the 3rd period of game 4. I challenge you to find anyone who would consider two OT losses "choking".

It's people like you who give Knights fans a bad name.....

Old
04-16-2005, 10:05 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
Right now the only organization thats getting joked about is OS after choking big time !!!!
A team who have turned around their whole franchise and had 90 points compared to a place no one wants to go to and can't make the playoffs.

The only bigger joke than that is 40 years.

Old
04-16-2005, 11:40 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
A team who have turned around their whole franchise and had 90 points compared to a place no one wants to go to and can't make the playoffs.

The only bigger joke than that is 40 years.
We're going to change that this year I hope.

Anyhoo, the other post bashing OS was uncalled for IMO.

Tom

Old
04-16-2005, 12:31 PM
trahans99

Everyone says London choked last year after coming back from 3-1 to a very strong Guelph team.

Same sort of thought, I don't think London choked last year and neither did OS this year. But b/c many say London choked last year, I thought i'd mention that OS did too.

Old
04-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Douggy

Quote:
Everyone says London choked last year after coming back from 3-1 to a very strong Guelph team.

Same sort of thought, I don't think London choked last year and neither did OS this year. But b/c many say London choked last year, I thought i'd mention that OS did too.
What does this thread have to do with the London Knights?

Stop picking fights. You make all of us look bad when you do.

Old
04-16-2005, 04:17 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:

Old
04-16-2005, 04:55 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:

Who says London choked last year? Not anyone who knows anything about hockey and followed the OHL.

Tom

Old
04-16-2005, 06:30 PM
trahans99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
Who says London choked last year? Not anyone who knows anything about hockey and followed the OHL.

Tom

Tom your still new to this board, over the past year i've read numerous posts about London choking.

Old
04-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Douggy

Care to point us in the direction of 1 of them??

And trahans you're still new to this board.

Old
04-20-2005, 10:18 AM
balddog66

here I thought I'd get some interesting opinions on the Attack next season...and what do I get....people talking about the KNights? What a waste of my time reading all those posts, hoping to see something related to the topic that was started...

Old
04-20-2005, 10:58 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by balddog66
here I thought I'd get some interesting opinions on the Attack next season...and what do I get....people talking about the KNights? What a waste of my time reading all those posts, hoping to see something related to the topic that was started...
Well, unfortunately there are few OS fans on this board near as I can tell, gagneowns you is probably your best bet and I think he already offered his opinion.

Looking at who they are likely to lose makes me think offense might be a problem, not sure about goaltending either.

Tom

Closed Thread