HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread III It's Christmas, will we get diamonds or coal?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 01:32 PM
  #351
chico_hawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Trade Viktor Stalberg and a 2013 4th round draft pick to the Detroit Red Wings for center Valtteri Filppula.

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Filppula - Kane
Bickell - Bolland - Frolik
Carcillo - Kruger - Shaw

Morin, Bollig

Heck, toss in Steve Montador for a turkey sandwich and a bag of potato chips.
So you give up a 27 yr old UFA with size & speed & a much lower cost base plus a 4th rd pick for a rental? I'm not knocking Filpulla, he'd be a very good addition & likely would fit into the 2nd line C spot but not sure he enhances the hawks cup chances, especially when that move necessarily disrupts 2 lines that have so far helped give the Blackhawks the best winning percentage in the NHL this season.

On the other hand, if you plan to re-sign Filpulla, he probably will want more than the $3M he's making now, since he is in the prime earning years....With the cap going down next year and Bolland & Hjalmarsson pending UFAs with Kane & Toews, etc. needing extensions the year after in an uncertain cap environment...it would be tough to commit enough $ for long enough to re-sign him...

I also think Bowman is looking ahead to the future with Teravainen possibly making the jump in the next year or two...which would make Filpulla an expensive redundancy...plus Detroit will look to re-sign this guy especially if Datsyuk is heading back to Russia as some reports suggest...

but if you can pick him up as a cheap rental, by all means...

chico_hawk is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 01:52 PM
  #352
SLarmer28*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chico_hawk View Post
So you give up a 27 yr old UFA with size & speed & a much lower cost base plus a 4th rd pick for a rental? I'm not knocking Filpulla, he'd be a very good addition & likely would fit into the 2nd line C spot but not sure he enhances the hawks cup chances, especially when that move necessarily disrupts 2 lines that have so far helped give the Blackhawks the best winning percentage in the NHL this season.
I'd give up a 27 year old UFA with size and speed that has only scored one goal in the last month (since March 1, 2013) for a second line center and move Bolland back to the third line center role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico_hawk View Post
On the other hand, if you plan to re-sign Filpulla, he probably will want more than the $3M he's making now, since he is in the prime earning years....With the cap going down next year and Bolland & Hjalmarsson pending UFAs with Kane & Toews, etc. needing extensions the year after in an uncertain cap environment...it would be tough to commit enough $ for long enough to re-sign him...
Dave Bolland and Niklas Hjalmarsson are not pending UFAs this summer but the following summer. As for Dave Bolland, the Chicago Blackhawks have center prospects Danault and McNeill in the pipeline and the Chicago Blackhawks organization is very high on Phillip Danault.

http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/vide...sole?id=223791

The Chicago Blackhawks will have the luxury of Danault and McNeill in the minors for a year with Bolland on the last year of his contract.

As for Filppula, I'd rather trade Johnny Oduya in the off-season, buyout Rostislav Olesz, amnesty Steve Montador, and re-sign Filppula if it's for no more than $4 million per season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico_hawk View Post
I also think Bowman is looking ahead to the future with Teravainen possibly making the jump in the next year or two...which would make Filpulla an expensive redundancy...plus Detroit will look to re-sign this guy especially if Datsyuk is heading back to Russia as some reports suggest...

but if you can pick him up as a cheap rental, by all means...
Teravainen is a winger not a center and he does not resolve the second line center issue.

SLarmer28* is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 02:04 PM
  #353
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 119,951
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
you'd be fine with McNeill + 1st for Grabo, like rumored last year?
or Saad for Grossman, as rumored last year?

You'd be fine with Teräväinen + 1st + Frolik for Leino?
When there is nothing to get and you have to overpay, it's better to go with what works and is already a strong roster.

Bowmans job is secure and he did his job. If they fail in the POs, it's not because of the lack of talent on the roster. Forwards are fine, D is fine and goaltending is fine. As of now, we have no problems scoring goals or avoiding them

I'd love to get Ott or even adding Regehr. Regehr would be luxury and only for a 5th + not needed prospect or something like that. BUF will get better offers for Regehr
Forwards are not fine ,, We have a disaster as #2 C and no C depth period

If we have to give away Pirri/Morin/Hayes/etc + 1st for a rental #2C so be it

Frankly the organization should be held responsible for the #2 C debacle that has held back this organization since they stupidly either pulled Sharp out of #2 C spot or gave in to player selfishness

Simple reality is that Dave Bolland does not work at #2 C ,, Team cant go into playoffs with Dave Bolland there

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 02:15 PM
  #354
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
So the Leafs GM (Who failed in Vancouver) is guy who you think has best read on things?

Sounds like more excuses for Bowman ,,, This team fails in playoffs and his job should be on line
Better read on things than anyone who post in this forum.

It's not an excuse for Bowman, it's reality. The trade deadline will be quiet, like almost every other year in recent memory. Why? Because the prices are outrageous for the marginal upgrade we could get.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 02:16 PM
  #355
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 21,395
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Except when the Chicago Blackhawks play against the Anaheim Ducks.
Have the Hawks played them at full strength yet?

IU Hawks fan is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 02:17 PM
  #356
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 10,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Forwards are not fine ,, We have a disaster as #2 C and no C depth period

If we have to give away Pirri/Morin/Hayes/etc + 1st for a rental #2C so be it

Frankly the organization should be held responsible for the #2 C debacle that has held back this organization since they stupidly either pulled Sharp out of #2 C spot or gave in to player selfishness

Simple reality is that Dave Bolland does not work at #2 C ,, Team cant go into playoffs with Dave Bolland there
With comments from Bolland that he is struggling a bit against these checking line centers. I think the Hawks themselves could help the situation.

2 seasons ago, Bolland played awesome on the 2nd line - but instead of Kane he had Hossa on his wing. There was nice chemistry there. Bolland was playing about a point per game in the 20ish games leading up to Kabina's cheapshot to his head.

So...if the Hawks swapped Kane and Hossa (when Hossa is back), they probably force opponents to move their shutdown line from the Kane/Bolland line to the new Toews/Kane line. If Bolly and Hossa can reproduce what they did 2 years ago, and who knows what Kane could do with Toews...other than on the PP - he hasn't played much with Toews this year while he's been at a new level. It seems worth trying to me.

Sarava is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 02:19 PM
  #357
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
With comments from Bolland that he is struggling a bit against these checking line centers. I think the Hawks themselves could help the situation.

2 seasons ago, Bolland played awesome on the 2nd line - but instead of Kane he had Hossa on his wing. There was nice chemistry there. Bolland was playing about a point per game in the 20ish games leading up to Kabina's cheapshot to his head.

So...if the Hawks swapped Kane and Hossa (when Hossa is back), they probably force opponents to move their shutdown line from the Kane/Bolland line to the new Toews/Kane line. If Bolly and Hossa can reproduce what they did 2 years ago, and who knows what Kane could do with Toews...other than on the PP - he hasn't played much with Toews this year while he's been at a new level. It seems worth trying to me.
Thats not a bad idea

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 02:37 PM
  #358
chico_hawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
I'd give up a 27 year old UFA with size and speed that has only scored one goal in the last month (since March 1, 2013) for a second line center and move Bolland back to the third line center role.
Using production for the past month to justify trading Stalberg isn't how things work ...and besides, Stalberg has 8 assists over that same time frame & is a +7, so even if you want to use stats, make sure you don't pick & choose which ones fit your liking...

Shaw has exactly 2 goals & 1 assist (and a +1) over the past month (coincidentally the identical total for Filpulla over the past month) so are you going to trade him too??

that entire line has been quiet offensively as of late, but they haven't been a net minus defensively, which is their primary job...& looking at the whole line over the entire season, they've performed better than expected...Even Q realized that breaking them up when Sharp 1st went down was a mistake and he quickly put them back together & left them together...Stan isn't looking to move someone from that line simply because they had a "bad month" (or haven't signed a contract extension yet)...

Quote:
Dave Bolland and Niklas Hjalmarsson are not pending UFAs this summer but the following summer. As for Dave Bolland, the Chicago Blackhawks have center prospects Danault and McNeill in the pipeline and the Chicago Blackhawks organization is very high on Phillip Danault.

http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/vide...sole?id=223791

The Chicago Blackhawks will have the luxury of Danault and McNeill in the minors for a year with Bolland on the last year of his contract.

As for Filppula, I'd rather trade Johnny Oduya in the off-season, buyout Rostislav Olesz, amnesty Steve Montador, and re-sign Filppula if it's for no more than $4 million per season.
I saw Danault & McNeil (& Saad & Shaw & Hayes, etc.) live when they were at rookie camp before the start of last season...Danault will be a good NHLer, good skater, but he's on the small side - he projects to be a 3rd line C with some good offensive upside but not enough to be a #2 guy - McNeil drafted earlier in the 1st round is bigger, but was not as impressive with his hockey sense and game as Danault was - I look at him as a 4th line checking center with limited offensive upside, but perhaps he's a late bloomer...

Edit: http://hawkytalk.blogspot.ca/2011_09_01_archive.html

Quote:
Teravainen is a winger not a center and he does not resolve the second line center issue.
Teravainen may play the wing from time to time, but he is (& was drafted as) a C...

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8476882

He projects to be a top 6 player and I expect that he will play 2nd line C in Chicago in the next year or two because

1. of guys named Kane, Hossa, Saad & Sharp
2. he's a bit on the small side to play the wing, especially if it is on a line with Kane.


Last edited by chico_hawk: 04-01-2013 at 02:43 PM.
chico_hawk is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 02:49 PM
  #359
SLarmer28*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chico_hawk View Post
Teravainen may play the wing from time to time, but he is (& was drafted as) a C...
Teravainen played exclusively at wing this season in Finland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico_hawk View Post
He projects to be a top 6 player and I expect that he will play 2nd line C in Chicago in the next year or two because

1. of guys named Kane, Hossa, Saad & Sharp
2. he's a bit on the small side to play the wing, especially if it is on a line with Kane.
Teravainen won't play center if he can't win faceoffs as was the case with Patrick Kane last season.

SLarmer28* is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 02:53 PM
  #360
BronYrAur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Forwards are not fine ,, We have a disaster as #2 C and no C depth period

If we have to give away Pirri/Morin/Hayes/etc + 1st for a rental #2C so be it

Frankly the organization should be held responsible for the #2 C debacle that has held back this organization since they stupidly either pulled Sharp out of #2 C spot or gave in to player selfishness

Simple reality is that Dave Bolland does not work at #2 C ,, Team cant go into playoffs with Dave Bolland there
This is freakin' crazy talk.

How much does one player really improve your chances to win a Cup in one season? Very, very little. If this is how you run your team, you are going to run it into the ground

BronYrAur is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 02:54 PM
  #361
SLarmer28*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chico_hawk View Post
I saw Danault & McNeil (& Saad & Shaw & Hayes, etc.) live when they were at rookie camp before the start of last season...Danault will be a good NHLer, good skater, but he's on the small side - he projects to be a 3rd line C with some good offensive upside but not enough to be a #2 guy - McNeil drafted earlier in the 1st round is bigger, but was not as impressive with his hockey sense and game as Danault was - I look at him as a 4th line checking center with limited offensive upside, but perhaps he's a late bloomer...
Phillip Danault - 6'-0", 187 lbs

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=122605

Dave Bolland - 6'-0", 176 lbs

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=71780

I would not consider Phillip Danault to be "on the small side".

As for rookie camp last year, that was last year and young players have the ability to develop.

SLarmer28* is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 02:58 PM
  #362
SLarmer28*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
This is freakin' crazy talk.

How much does one player really improve your chances to win a Cup in one season? Very, very little. If this is how you run your team, you are going to run it into the ground
Tell that to the Los Angeles Kings with the acquisition of Jeff Carter.

SLarmer28* is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 02:59 PM
  #363
CS85
Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
 
CS85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Champaign, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CS85
Here's what I've gleaned from this thread so far:

The Blackhawks need to acquire a good 2C, but shouldn't give up any players to do so.

Well alright then.

CS85 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 03:01 PM
  #364
SLarmer28*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,649
vCash: 500
Scratch Maxime Talbot off anyone's wish list:

Flyers Talbot suffers broken leg; out indefinitely

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

SLarmer28* is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 03:06 PM
  #365
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Tell that to the Los Angeles Kings with the acquisition of Jeff Carter.
The Kings won the Cup because Quick put up a .946 save%, not because Jeff Carter put up .65 points per game in the playoffs.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 03:07 PM
  #366
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,941
vCash: 500
Want to know what the market is. The Senators are asking for a player out of a teams top 6 for Ben Bishop.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 03:44 PM
  #367
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
 
Trance Kuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth.
Country: United States
Posts: 47,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
The Kings won the Cup because Quick put up a .946 save%, not because Jeff Carter put up .65 points per game in the playoffs.
While this is true, the Kings might not have made the playoffs if it weren't for Carter.

Trance Kuja is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 03:48 PM
  #368
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
While this is true, the Kings might not have made the playoffs if it weren't for Carter.
Almost definitely wouldn't have made it without Carter. Their GPG made a big jump once he joined the team and they streaked into the playoffs.

Chris Hansen is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 04:39 PM
  #369
chico_hawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Teravainen played exclusively at wing this season in Finland.

Teravainen won't play center if he can't win faceoffs as was the case with Patrick Kane last season.
So 19 yr old Danault can develop into a 2nd line C because he's still young (and "young players have the ability to develop"), but 18 yr old Teravainen won't play center because he can't win draws (and left unsaid is that he's too old to learn how to win FOs???

Sorry, but your spin is making me dizzy...

chico_hawk is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 04:46 PM
  #370
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,471
vCash: 500
Jeff Carters rarely are available, and if you want a Jeff Carter say goodbye to Leddy + 1st

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 04:48 PM
  #371
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,385
vCash: 500
If you want Jeff Carter, say goodbye to Hossa/Sharp.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 04:56 PM
  #372
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
If you want Jeff Carter, say goodbye to Hossa/Sharp.
That too

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 05:05 PM
  #373
SLarmer28*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chico_hawk View Post
So 19 yr old Danault can develop into a 2nd line C because he's still young (and "young players have the ability to develop"), but 18 yr old Teravainen won't play center because he can't win draws (and left unsaid is that he's too old to learn how to win FOs???

Sorry, but your spin is making me dizzy...
TT played wing in Finland this past season. Danault played center this past season and actually improved his faceoff percentage. What's so hard to comprehend?

SLarmer28* is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 05:13 PM
  #374
Hawks82
Registered User
 
Hawks82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
If the contract lengths were closer, I'd trade Sharp for Carter in a heartbeat.

Hawks82 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 05:31 PM
  #375
sketch22
Registered User
 
sketch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
TT played wing in Finland this past season.
He played both, but he was at wing more then center. I doubt he is a center in the NHL though. With his size & style of play I would worry about him getting worn down like Kane did last year.

sketch22 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.