London in 5.

Old
04-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Kitchener in 6, they are bigger and stronger and will win this series physically IMO. Also their penalty kill is great right now.
This right here is anger speaking.

Old
04-14-2005, 01:33 PM
trahans99

Ohhhh I can't wait for this one to start!!!! I think Kitchener is a much more balanced team than OS and am not surprised they beat them, but am surprised by the sweep. Nobody predicted that on this board. IMO Kitchener poses a much tougher opponent than OS would have so i'll admit, Kitchener has me worried a little bit. But everytime I have a little bit of doubt w/ my Knights they've come out and thumped the opponent.

Realistically and on paper London should win this in 5, but I think Kitchener will take the series to 6 games but run short. This should be the best series in the playoffs by far and one of the best series in the CHL.

It will be fun to see who gets more points Perry vs Richards, i'll take Perry 9 pts in 6 games to Richards 7 pts in 6 games. The fights could be spectacular as well Prust, Thomson, Bealieau vs Keefe, Clarkson, Valabik .... oh can't wait to see PRUST vs VALABIK .....And the goaltending matchup will be great, Kitcheners goalie was red hot against OS and will have to be and even more to beat London. The difference w/ London and OS is London's defence is much stronger, offence is a little more balanced and goaltending should be fine as we have two of the best in the league.

Therefore, London in a grueling 6 games!!

Old
04-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
Ohhhh I can't wait for this one to start!!!! I think Kitchener is a much more balanced team than OS and am not surprised they beat them, but am surprised by the sweep. Nobody predicted that on this board. IMO Kitchener poses a much tougher opponent than OS would have so i'll admit, Kitchener has me worried a little bit. But everytime I have a little bit of doubt w/ my Knights they've come out and thumped the opponent.

Realistically and on paper London should win this in 5, but I think Kitchener will take the series to 6 games but run short. This should be the best series in the playoffs by far and one of the best series in the CHL.

It will be fun to see who gets more points Perry vs Richards, i'll take Perry 9 pts in 6 games to Richards 7 pts in 6 games. The fights could be spectacular as well Prust, Thomson, Bealieau vs Keefe, Clarkson, Valabik .... oh can't wait to see PRUST vs VALABIK .....And the goaltending matchup will be great, Kitcheners goalie was red hot against OS and will have to be and even more to beat London. The difference w/ London and OS is London's defence is much stronger, offence is a little more balanced and goaltending should be fine as we have two of the best in the league.

Therefore, London in a grueling 6 games!!
Turple? Please, he was good in the last couple series' but I don't think he's Colemanesque

Old
04-14-2005, 05:13 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
Turple? Please, he was good in the last couple series' but I don't think he's Colemanesque
Wow...... you're a big OHL fan, huh?

Last edited by CharlieGirl: 04-14-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Old
04-14-2005, 05:49 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
Wow...... you're a big OHL fan, huh?

What Charlie_Girl is trying to say here is that it's Pfigler that's going to be going through therapy here for shellshock after the series, not Turple

I like chicks with attitude - unfortunately society just wouldn't accept a kitchener rangers fan and a london knights fan together.

Old
04-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Cruiser008

Go Rangers!! K/W Represent!

Old
04-14-2005, 06:22 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser008
Finally! Somebody on my side!!!!!

Old
04-14-2005, 06:26 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada

What Charlie_Girl is trying to say here is that it's Pfigler that's going to be going through therapy here for shellshock after the series, not Turple
Whether Pfligler needs therapy remains to be seen....

I love the fact that your compadre there figures Turple was good in the last two series..... considering he didn't dress for the entire Owen Sound series and most of the Erie series, that's pretty damn amazing. If he'd just have a word with Dale about playing Coleman the entire series, I'll be happy....

Old
04-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Whether Pfligler needs therapy remains to be seen....

I love the fact that your compadre there figures Turple was good in the last two series..... considering he didn't dress for the entire Owen Sound series and most of the Erie series, that's pretty damn amazing. If he'd just have a word with Dale about playing Coleman the entire series, I'll be happy....
Geeze louise, I was thinking about my last post where I stated that we won the season series 6-0, and Turple was in net for those, so I had Turple on the brain at the time.

I'll take these things happen for 400

Old
04-14-2005, 07:20 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Kitchener in 6, they are bigger and stronger and will win this series physically IMO. Also their penalty kill is great right now.

I don't see any PK as stopping the Knights PP for long. They were tops in the league during the regular season and have taken it to another level in the playoffs.

Old
04-14-2005, 07:36 PM
CharlieGirl

Here's my two cents on the series....

Yes, Kitchener lost all six games against London this year. Most of the games were hard fought, close games and I look for those types of games in the series.

The first two London wins were game 1 and 2 of the season - Kitchener had a number of rookies who were playing in their first or one of their first OHL games (Azavedo - first game, Kindl - first game, Duco - 6th game, Pepe - 15th game - are the most noticeable). These three have played very, very well over the course of the season. Azavedo and Pepe in particular have played extremely well in playoffs. When the season started, it was thought and hoped that they would settle in to the OHL - this has happened. Over the season, a couple of pickups have also become a solid part of the team (Fraser in particular).

The injury situation in Kitchener this year was brutal - name another team that could lose a player of Mike Richards' caliber for a month (not counting the WJC) and still remain competitive. Kitchener had no players who played all 68 games, although McGrath, Benoit, and Keefe played 67. No matter what happens, I'm very proud of how the team has played this year. Considering they've had a full lineup for 6 or 7 games maximum, playing in the Western Conference final is impressive.

London's PP is lethal - the key for Kitchener is to stay out of the box. London is extremely good at getting to pucks first - Kitchener has to try to minimize London's chances. With Pfligler in net, there are a lot of rebounds -- the defensemen have to be vigilant about clearing the front of the net to give Pfligler at least a chance to see a shot.

I don't have a clue how this series is going to end up, although I don't know how anyone can't say London is the favourite - there's no question that this is the case. Kitchener should be tough and they're on a roll. It should be fun!

Last edited by CharlieGirl: 04-14-2005 at 07:42 PM.
Old
04-14-2005, 08:39 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser008
I've been tempted to call the Rangers the KW Rangers about 20 times this week. Having lived in Waterloo for a few years I'm so used to calling the city KW. However, I don't think that's accurate.

Tom

Old
04-14-2005, 10:03 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Geeze louise, I was thinking about my last post where I stated that we won the season series 6-0, and Turple was in net for those, so I had Turple on the brain at the time.

I'll take these things happen for 400
Would you like to try that again?

(I'll give you a helper here..... Kitchener didn't get Turple until mid-November! )

Old
04-15-2005, 03:43 AM
Injektilo

Send a message via MSN to Injektilo
I wonder if Waterloo will ever get an OHL team. KW has a decent population already, and Waterloo especially is growing at a good clip.

I know there's a junior B team already, but I think KW could support another team maybe... might be too close to Kitchener though have a chance at getting it.

Waterloo would need a better arena first though. I don't know what kind of capacity RIM park has as I've never actually been there, but I doubt it's OHL ready.

Old
04-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Would you like to try that again?

(I'll give you a helper here..... Kitchener didn't get Turple until mid-November! )
Now, I don't have an undying love for the OHL, and quite frankly, I've never been much of an OHL fan cause I've been too busy with the NHL, but now that they're on hiatus, I'd pay attention to OHL here and there, I know what the Knights are doing in the playoffs almost annually, so the early points of the season, and what other teams do I really don't care for, the games I saw, there was a mammoth in net, and that was Turple. You can blast me for being a casual OHL fan, but I don't care

Old
04-15-2005, 08:24 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Now, I don't have an undying love for the OHL, and quite frankly, I've never been much of an OHL fan cause I've been too busy with the NHL, but now that they're on hiatus, I'd pay attention to OHL here and there, I know what the Knights are doing in the playoffs almost annually, so the early points of the season, and what other teams do I really don't care for, the games I saw, there was a mammoth in net, and that was Turple. You can blast me for being a casual OHL fan, but I don't care
The knights bandwagon is just about full, but we do have a few spots left - so welcome aboard

Old
04-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
The knights bandwagon is just about full, but we do have a few spots left - so welcome aboard
*sigh* what part of "I know what the Knights do every year" do you not understand? I follow them casually, but Im not hardcore, Im not big on any minor hockey, sure it's interesting, but it's not my cup of tea, it's not like this year, I said, hey, the Knights are doing well, lets cheer them NOW.

Old
04-15-2005, 08:41 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
*sigh* what part of "I know what the Knights do every year" do you not understand? I follow them casually, but Im not hardcore, Im not big on any minor hockey, sure it's interesting, but it's not my cup of tea, it's not like this year, I said, hey, the Knights are doing well, lets cheer them NOW.
It was more of a joke then anything else. Don't take it personally.

The whole city has jumped on the bandwagon so to speak, as very few follow the knights *this* closely when they're not winning.

Tom

Old
04-15-2005, 09:39 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Can't wait for the series to start. I have been waiting a few years now for the Knights to win this league, and although they have come close they have never gone over the top. I think if we can beat the Rangers then that would be a harder series than the finals.

Old
04-15-2005, 10:36 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR
I think if we can beat the Rangers then that would be a harder series than the finals.
I agree..... I see a lot of similarities in London's playoff run this year and Kitchener's a couple of years ago -- a relatively easy time in the first two rounds, a dogfight in the conference finals (which was Plymouth in Kitchener's case - hopefully Kitchener gives London a run for their money this year), and then a hard fought but easier time in the finals.

Old
04-15-2005, 11:09 AM
OHLArenaGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injektilo
Waterloo would need a better arena first though. I don't know what kind of capacity RIM park has as I've never actually been there, but I doubt it's OHL ready.
The Waterloo Memorial Rec Complex is almost OHL-calibre.

http://balder.prohosting.com/ohlguide/ohamidwest.htm

Old
04-15-2005, 11:50 AM
trahans99

Anyone know yet when the series starts yet???? I'm dying waiting to find out

The sched has to be in to the league by noon today (1 hour ago)

Old
04-15-2005, 11:54 AM
leafs nation

Knights in Five!

Closed Thread