Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2005, 04:40 PM
FearTheFlyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sec17
Erie is so much tougher than Kitchener that they had a worse regular season record.
You misunderstand me. The teams Kitchener has faced in the playoffs have been of a higher quality than the teams London has. I appreciate your sarcastic comment though.

Old
04-18-2005, 04:52 PM
trahans99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
And the award for the most pointless post of the day goes to...

*bert*

congratulations buddy, your pointless, poorly-written comparison between the Senators and the Attack have taken 30 seconds away from my life that I can never get back.

Regardless of what you think, getting swept by a lower seed team does say something about a teams character and mental toughness. This isn't knights cockiness talking, it's hockey common sense.

Tom

Old
04-18-2005, 05:05 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
The London Knights forum? This board has one of those? And show me one post where I said Owen Sound lost to London becuase of injuries.
There is a huge london knights thread - not a forum - incorrect syntax but it almost seemed like one for a while. My deepest apologies.

I found several posts where you *seemingly* used injuries as an excuse. January 30th in the knights thread after someone mentioned that london was 4-1 against OS you said "Still the two teams haven't faced with full line-ups".

One day later you said this "the Attack have not played the Knights with a full lineup" and a couple of posts later we got this..

"Psst..Read the boxscores.

Oct 15- No Big Snake Brown or Bissonette

Oct 23-No Brown or Biss

Jan 9-No Biss or Lehun or Angelidis I think

Jan 29-No Ryan or Angelidis"

Are these posts not using injuries as an excuse, at least partially? Sure seems like it.

Quote:
That's funny you think Owen Sound choked. Just shows how little you know about the two teams and their ages etc.
Well for a guy who at the beginning of the season said Owen Sound was capable of matching the knights this year, you're sure using age as an excuse. I wonder why a few months ago you didn't think their age was going to be a problem.

Quote:

Kitchener has won 8 striaght against much tougher competition.
the first round was not terribly impressive, and Owen Sound was an innocent young team with no real chance due to their young age, remember?

Quote:
Much different Kitchener team who are bigger and tougher than the Knights.

Big surprise there.
I heard no one mention how big and tough the Rangers before they beat the Attack.

Quote:
Nah, My money is on Ottawa in that series. Sorry to have so greatly offended you.
Nah, you didn't offend me, but if you do get jumped on from time to time just don't be surprised, that's all. In fact, I enjoy your presence - you have a good hockey knowledge and a strong biased that makes "discussions" with you interesting at least.

Tom

Old
04-19-2005, 11:01 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
There is a huge london knights thread - not a forum - incorrect syntax but it almost seemed like one for a while. My deepest apologies.
No problem, I agree it does seem one in the same at times.
Quote:
I found several posts where you *seemingly* used injuries as an excuse. January 30th in the knights thread after someone mentioned that london was 4-1 against OS you said "Still the two teams haven't faced with full line-ups".

One day later you said this "the Attack have not played the Knights with a full lineup" and a couple of posts later we got this..

Oct 23-No Brown or Biss

Are these posts not using injuries as an excuse, at least partially? Sure seems like it.
Actually the only time I see the word injuries there is when you have typed it. My first statement was an obvious mockery of Knights fans who continually used that excuse after their 3-0 loss on December 29th. The 2nd point, which was extremely valid was that with certain acquisitions it was obviously a different Attack team from the one the Knights rolled over early on in the year. The close games between the teams serve as proof for that.

Quote:
Well for a guy who at the beginning of the season said Owen Sound was capable of matching the knights this year, you're sure using age as an excuse. I wonder why a few months ago you didn't think their age was going to be a problem.
If you had followed Owen Sound's season at all you would know there was always a concern about the age of our blueline. Also , I believe to this day that a London-Owen Sound match up would have been more favourable to the Attack than our seriesagainst the Rangers. The success of the Rangers inthat series proves that. Against London, Owen Sound can play their skilledgae, because London are also a skilled team. Kitchener did something London cannot and beat up the Attack physically and preyed on their young defence in the offensive zone. This is part of the reason I will be cheering for the Knights in the conference finals. I would rather see a purely skilled team emerge than the team which relies on their strength and physicality. I think it would be better for the OHL and for hockey in general.

Quote:
I heard no one mention how big and tough the Rangers before they beat the Attack.
Unfortunately for Kitchener this season they were decmated by injuries and suspension and as a result I was not able to see their full team. However , what I did know was that they were big, tough, experienced and tough to bea at home. When looking at the series I was able to successfully predict the outcome, despite mythoughts the firepowerof the Attack woud win them some games.

Quote:
you have a strong biased
Not sure what you are trying to say.

Old
04-19-2005, 12:40 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
If you had followed Owen Sound's season at all you would know there was always a concern about the age of our blueline. Also , I believe to this day that a London-Owen Sound match up would have been more favourable to the Attack than our seriesagainst the Rangers. The success of the Rangers in that series proves that. Against London, Owen Sound can play their skilledgae, because London are also a skilled team. Kitchener did something London cannot and beat up the Attack physically and preyed on their young defence in the offensive zone. This is part of the reason I will be cheering for the Knights in the conference finals. I would rather see a purely skilled team emerge than the team which relies on their strength and physicality. I think it would be better for the OHL and for hockey in general.
I have followed the Attacks season (albeit not as close as you obviously) and I did know youth on the blueline could end up being a problem. However, most of their bigs guns (Richardson, Ruzicka,Jarrett) as well as their top goalie (Brown) and their tough guy (Big Snake) aren't young players so I think using a young defense as an excuse lets these older players off the hook for not stepping up and leading their team to *at least* one victory. The Rangers also have some young players but their big gun stepped up and got it done.

I didn't call it a choke because they lost - losing to a tough experienced team is nothing new or unexpected (London did it last year). I call it that because they got swept - because in 4 games with all the talent they have and the top goalie they picked up they couldn't win even one game. That being said they seemed like classy guys with a bright future and I don't wish to trash talk them anymore.

I also think the Knights can play more physically then they have played, if need be, and don't have the blueline concerns that OS did. That's why I feel Kitcheners approach isn't going to work as well this time. We're going to find out either way soon enough.

Quote:
Not sure what you are trying to say.
I'm trying to say that you have a knowledgeable view but it is biased (you see things the way you want to sometimes), such as dismissing the OS loss as just an age and experience thing. There is nothing wrong with this, though, as we all have our own bias, myself included.

Good post by the way, no trolling or cheap shots just the facts, as you see them.

Tom

Old
04-19-2005, 03:25 PM
trahans99

Quote:

Oct 23-No Brown or Biss

the first round was not terribly impressive, and Owen Sound was an innocent young team with no real chance due to their young age, remember?

Nah, you didn't offend me, but if you do get jumped on from time to time just don't be surprised, that's all. In fact, I enjoy your presence - you have a good hockey knowledge and a strong biased that makes "discussions" with you interesting at least.

Tom

Old
04-19-2005, 04:05 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
Way to add to the discussion

Old
04-21-2005, 12:11 PM
trahans99

Quote:
Way to add to the discussion
Anytime you need a hand

My hand claps were a sybol of wanting to say the exact same thing as Thomas did.

Old
04-21-2005, 01:32 PM
trahans99

"Owen Sound has some good forwards and I don't see much of a difference with the London forwards," Valabik said. "They're pretty well the same as Owen Sound."

Found this on sportsnet.ca .... interesting Valabik thinks Owen Sounds forwards are the same as Londons?

OS: Ryan, Jarret, Ruzicka, Richardson is pretty impressive but as for OHL scoring wise i'd take London anyday

London: Perry, Hunter, Schremp, Bolland, Fritsche, even Prust can score big goals.

The most interesting story of this series for me is how will Valabik handle Londons forwards ...

LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!!!

Old
04-21-2005, 01:38 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
"Owen Sound has some good forwards and I don't see much of a difference with the London forwards," Valabik said. "They're pretty well the same as Owen Sound."

Found this on sportsnet.ca .... interesting Valabik thinks Owen Sounds forwards are the same as Londons?

OS: Ryan, Jarret, Ruzicka, Richardson is pretty impressive but as for OHL scoring wise i'd take London anyday

London: Perry, Hunter, Schremp, Bolland, Fritsche, even Prust can score big goals.

The most interesting story of this series for me is how will Valabik handle Londons forwards ...

LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!!!

Near as I can tell, Valabiks way of handling London forwards is giving them an evil eye as they skate quickly by him on their way to the net.

Tom

Old
04-21-2005, 02:47 PM
trahans99

Anyone have the clip of Perry's toe drag around Valabik 30 seconds into the first game of the season????

probably the nicest goal of the season or close to it

Old
04-21-2005, 02:56 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Anytime you need a hand

My hand claps were a sybol of wanting to say the exact same thing as Thomas did.
a sybol?

Old
04-21-2005, 03:05 PM
FearTheFlyers

Also London forwards only scored 43 more goals than Owen Sound forwards this year. When a team scores as much as London did. 43 goals isin't a whole bunch. Basically London without Schremp equals Owen Sound. And when Schremp dissapears against a physical team like the Rangers, the difference becomes even less.

Old
04-21-2005, 09:12 PM
CharlieGirl

London takes the first game 3-2.

Kitchener held them in the first period, when they spent most of it killing penalties. The Rangers have to stop taking the stupid ones (Clarkson, in particular). The penalty kill was working well, holding London to 1 powerplay goal on a ton of chances and a few 5 on 3's.

Interesting fight at the end of the game though... Richards vs Perry. Game 2 ought to be a great one!

Old
04-21-2005, 09:41 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Also London forwards only scored 43 more goals than Owen Sound forwards this year. When a team scores as much as London did. 43 goals isin't a whole bunch. Basically London without Schremp equals Owen Sound. And when Schremp dissapears against a physical team like the Rangers, the difference becomes even less.
London without Schremp is Owen Sound offensively, but defensively they still have better goaltending and defense ( IMO, of course ).. Dennis may have been the difference tonight. This may prove to be an interesting series

Tom

Old
04-22-2005, 06:56 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
London without Schremp is Owen Sound offensively, but defensively they still have better goaltending and defense ( IMO, of course ).. Dennis may have been the difference tonight. This may prove to be an interesting series

Tom
Yeah for sure. London gets loads of goals from their defence that Owen Sound doesn't. Along with their defence being better defensively. I've never been high on Dennis though.We'll see.

Old
04-22-2005, 07:25 AM
trahans99

Quote:
Yeah for sure. London gets loads of goals from their defence that Owen Sound doesn't. Along with their defence being better defensively. I've never been high on Dennis though.We'll see.
For once I agree with you, I have never been sold on Dennis either. But if he keeps playing like he did last night then I might just have to change my mind.
I read the Knights are probably going to Coleman for game 2 in KW. IMO they should stick w/ Dennis until he has a bad game (even though Coleman beat the Rangers 5 times this season I think)

Old
04-22-2005, 07:26 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Dennis does seem to to play big when he needs to, but he does have a tendancy to go through lapses ( last night he was very sharp for 2 1/2 periods and then had a bit of a lapse ). Obviously Hunter is high on the guy, but if he struggles, I'm quite confident in Londons backup.

Tom

Old
04-22-2005, 07:32 AM
thomasincanada

Kitchener goaltending

It looked like Kitchener dressed up Theo Fleury in hockey pads and put him in net.

Seriously, though, Pfligler played well but that size has to be a bit of a disadvantage.

Tom

Old
04-22-2005, 10:09 AM
pucks1

Quote:
Near as I can tell, Valabiks way of handling London forwards is giving them an evil eye as they skate quickly by him on their way to the net.

Tom
LMAO

Old
04-22-2005, 11:52 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
It looked like Kitchener dressed up Theo Fleury in hockey pads and put him in net.
He looks even smaller when you're used to seeing 6'6" Turple in there!

Old
04-22-2005, 03:16 PM
FearTheFlyers

Oh man, we got killed in that series but I'd be lying if I said we didn't get some funny heckles in a Fligler, Keefe, Benoit etc.

Old
04-23-2005, 09:42 PM
trahans99

Another great game tonight. I had a feeling Kitchener was going to win tonight. Great effort by Richards, unfortunately for Kitchener fans I don't think he can win 4 games all by himself.

I'm still saying London in 6, but I hope 7 b/c I have tix to every game left

Old
04-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Injektilo

Send a message via MSN to Injektilo
yeah that game last night was totally worth the five hours in line on friday morning... I may have to do it again tuesday morning....

And yeah, Perry took a hell of alot of abuse from the fans last night, it was a little overboard IMO.

Old
04-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Ducks__Halos

vCash: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Injektilo
yeah that game last night was totally worth the five hours in line on friday morning... I may have to do it again tuesday morning....

And yeah, Perry took a hell of alot of abuse from the fans last night, it was a little overboard IMO.

What were the fans doing?

Closed Thread