04-24-2005, 01:27 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoDuck
[/B]
What were the fans doing?
Probably asking Perry where he left his purse?

Old
04-24-2005, 02:13 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
Another great game tonight. I had a feeling Kitchener was going to win tonight. Great effort by Richards, unfortunately for Kitchener fans I don't think he can win 4 games all by himself.

I'm still saying London in 6, but I hope 7 b/c I have tix to every game left
What a true fan - hoping for a game seven b/c you have tickets..

I'd be happy as hell to not have to see Richards after 5 games, although it doesn't look like that's going to be the case.

Tom

Old
04-24-2005, 02:15 PM
thomasincanada

Missing players

I can handle Rodney not playing with an injury, but Fritsche not there either with the FLU ?!?

Didn't the guy just have the flu during the world juniors? Doesn't he have an immune system like the rest of us? London needs Fritsche's scoring and this is something I find disturbing.

Tom

Old
04-24-2005, 02:39 PM
Boomhower

Knights played very poorly last night and allowed Kitchener to take it to them right from the start of the game. Coleman had a good showing, as did Phfligler (sp?). I think Dale's got them playing a little too patient, the Knights are always sound defensively but I think they're sitting back a too much and need to be more aggressive on the forecheck. I'm not nearly his biggest critic, but I've gotta say Dylan Hunter was noticeably terrible last night. The top line was overused, but Perry can soak up big minutes, Dylan.... not so much.

Old
04-24-2005, 08:50 PM
trahans99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
Knights played very poorly last night and allowed Kitchener to take it to them right from the start of the game. Coleman had a good showing, as did Phfligler (sp?). I think Dale's got them playing a little too patient, the Knights are always sound defensively but I think they're sitting back a too much and need to be more aggressive on the forecheck. I'm not nearly his biggest critic, but I've gotta say Dylan Hunter was noticeably terrible last night. The top line was overused, but Perry can soak up big minutes, Dylan.... not so much.
I noticed Hunter floating out there a few times. I think the Knights will come out flying Monday night and I hope Fritsche is ok to play, we need his speed and enthiusiasm.

Old
04-24-2005, 08:51 PM
trahans99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
What a true fan - hoping for a game seven b/c you have tickets..

I'd be happy as hell to not have to see Richards after 5 games, although it doesn't look like that's going to be the case.

Tom
I agree about not having to see Richards for games 6 or 7, but i'm pretty sure the Rangers will atleast take the series to 6 games before bowing out. If it goes to 7 its gonna be onehelluva game.

Did I mention I have tickets?

Old
04-24-2005, 08:53 PM
trahans99

Anybody know how to get in contact w/ the booster club? I wanna go to game 6 in Kitchener and its nearly impossible to get tickets online or the phone.

Old
04-25-2005, 02:49 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Beaulieu suspended five games

Quote:
London Knights forward Josh Beaulieu has been suspended five games for his actions in Saturday's OHL playoff game against the Kitchener Rangers.

Beaulieu received the suspension for cross-checking Rangers forward Kevin Henderson in the back of the head late in the third period of Kitchener's 3-1 Western Conference win over London.
More here @ TSN

Both teams did recieve fines.

Old
04-25-2005, 09:15 PM
thomasincanada

tonights game

I had a class that I absolutely could not miss and unfortunately was unable to go to the game. Someone want to give me a synopsis? Near as I can tell the knights PP unit was on fire and that put the game out of reach early.

Any good fights? Any notes on how KW / London played otherwise?

Old
04-25-2005, 09:41 PM
trahans99

Quote:
I had a class that I absolutely could not miss and unfortunately was unable to go to the game. Someone want to give me a synopsis? Near as I can tell the knights PP unit was on fire and that put the game out of reach early.

Any good fights? Any notes on how KW / London played otherwise?

Just got back from the game and wow ... Kitchener played the perfect game on Saturday ... and tonight London played the perfect game. It also helps Keefe, Clarkson and Valabik played about as dumb as hockey as Danny Bois did last year in the playoffs. I am a Knight fan but i'll admit Bois took some of the dumbest penalties i've ever seen until tonight. London really got under Keefe and Clarkson skin and Valabik took some uneccesary penalites... Whats w/ his infatuation w/ Perry, he always goes after him after the whistle. Perry was skating towards the boards after the whistle just mindin his own business and Valabik punches him in the head and for once it wasn't even provoked.

I think the turning point came when Deboer took a bench penalty about 9 minutes into the first that put them down 2 and I think London scored 2 goals on that PP (atleast one).

What stood out for me though tonight was the little things London did exceptionally well.. I lost count at the number of block shots they had after 10 and they were hitting everything in sight ... even Perry had 3 or 4 good clean hits (surprisingly clean)..

The refs called absolutely everything under the sun as they should w/ 22 penalties to London and 21 to Kitchener. I agree w/ the majority of the calls except the 5 minute boarding and game misconduct to Prust. He absolutely drilled I think Lashoff and from what I saw it looked 100% clean. If someone has a link to the hit i'd appreciate another look to see if it was clean or not...but it was an open ice hit or atleast 5 feet from the boards so i don't see how it was boarding.

Anywyas there was a few duzzies of fights ... w/ Thomson absolutely knocking Keefe silly. Keefe started it and it didn't look like Thomson wanted to go or was ready and then he finally dropped his stick and knocked him into the boards/glass a few times ...

I hope that sums it up for ya... oh yeah and Syvret had 3 assists in the first 10 minuts and then go hit from behind into the boards head first like the US/Can hit but less severe.. Syvret laid there for a few minutes then skated to bench w/ help then left a few minutes later.

Old
04-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Chistov23

Quote:
I hope that sums it up for ya... oh yeah and Syvret had 3 assists in the first 10 minuts and then go hit from behind into the boards head first like the US/Can hit but less severe.. Syvret laid there for a few minutes then skated to bench w/ help then left a few minutes later.
Per TSN, Syvret was taken to the hospital, no other details. I doubt he plays Wednesday and could be out for the remainder of the OHL playoffs. Hopefully he is ok.
Quote:
I agree w/ the majority of the calls except the 5 minute boarding and game misconduct to Prust. He absolutely drilled I think Lashoff and from what I saw it looked 100% clean.
He got called for charging. He left his feet but barely, you can argue it was because of the impact. I thought 2 minutes would be appropriate with the ref trying to keep everything quiet but 5 was ridiculous. Prust landed the exact same hit 3 times this game, all on the PK with the D man bringing the puck out of the zone. With the game out of hand and Lashoff hurt on the play 5 and game was called.

Old
04-25-2005, 09:56 PM
trahans99

He got called for charging. He left his feet but barely, you can argue it was because of the impact. I thought 2 minutes would be appropriate with the ref trying to keep everything quiet but 5 was ridiculous. Prust landed the exact same hit 3 times this game, all on the PK with the D man bringing the puck out of the zone. With the game out of hand and Lashoff hurt on the play 5 and game was called.[/QUOTE]

i thought 2 at most would have been ok, 5 and game was wrong. prust is one of the best hitters especially open ice in the league.

will the league review the hit on syvret?

Old
04-25-2005, 10:09 PM
OHLArenaGuide

Quote:
will the league review the hit on syvret?
Yes.

I talked to a player after the game that said Syvy was taken to hospital as a precaution but should be OK. His parents were both at the JLC after the game so I can't imagine it's that serious. He'll be sore tomorrow but I expect he'll be back for Game 4.

Old
04-25-2005, 10:12 PM
trahans99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec17
Yes.

I talked to a player after the game that said Syvy was taken to hospital as a precaution but should be OK. His parents were both at the JLC after the game so I can't imagine it's that serious. He'll be sore tomorrow but I expect he'll be back for Game 4.

dou think any further discipline will be taken?

Old
04-26-2005, 01:39 AM
Pepper

Quote:
dou think any further discipline will be taken?
Given the 5-game suspension already handed to Bealieu, you can bet the Rangers player will be suspended.

Old
04-26-2005, 07:27 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec17
Yes.

Wish I could say I'm surprised to see a London defenceman get hurt, but unfortunately I'm not. It's to be expected I think, the London D-men have big targets on their back this series

Tom

Old
04-26-2005, 07:37 AM
trahans99

Speaking of London dman, it was fun to watch Ferry get a lot of icetime in the 3rd period and on the powerplay. Should boost his confidence a little and help him for next season.

In fact almost the whole 3rd period, we didn't see C. Perry, Fritsche or Hunter. Schremp and Bolland had a few shifts, so it was nice to see Foreman, A Perry, Martinelli, McCreedy and the other 3rd and 4th liners.

Old
04-26-2005, 08:58 AM
FearTheFlyers

Fat Boy beat up Caveman!

Old
04-26-2005, 09:16 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Fat Boy beat up Caveman!
He's not fat he's big boned.

Old
04-26-2005, 02:32 PM
thomasincanada

wednesdays game - goaltender choice

So, knights fans, gagne, whomever else cares enough, what do you guys think?

Should the knights stick with Coleman or go with Dennis. I think they'll probably continue with Coleman, and he's played well enough to deserve this, and played quite solidly in Kitchener despite the loss.

However, Dennis has been the top goalie in the OHL playoffs IMO (stats back me up on this) and really shuts teams down at important times. Putting him in might signal London going for the kill and certainly Kitchener has to be a little concerned about their inability to get goals on Dennis when it matters.

Thoughts?

Tom

Old
04-26-2005, 02:55 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
So, knights fans, gagne, whomever else cares enough, what do you guys think?

Should the knights stick with Coleman or go with Dennis. I think they'll probably continue with Coleman, and he's played well enough to deserve this, and played quite solidly in Kitchener despite the loss.

However, Dennis has been the top goalie in the OHL playoffs IMO (stats back me up on this) and really shuts teams down at important times. Putting him in might signal London going for the kill and certainly Kitchener has to be a little concerned about their inability to get goals on Dennis when it matters.

Thoughts?

Tom
I vote Coleman! IMO, Dennis was the biggest difference in last night's game - simply outstanding.

Old
04-26-2005, 03:00 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
Given the 5-game suspension already handed to Bealieu, you can bet the Rangers player will be suspended.
I hope not.... even the London announcers indicated that it was unfortunate, but that Syvret was off-balance, and turned just as Donnally hit him. I'm hearing that he's going to be okay, and able to play in game 4 - I hope that is the case. He's a force on the blueline and a complete leader.

Old
04-26-2005, 03:08 PM
FearTheFlyers

If Dale Hunter has any sense in his cranium he will ditch Coleman for good.

Old
04-26-2005, 03:15 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
If Dale Hunter has any sense in his cranium he will ditch Coleman for good.
Tell us what you really think Gagne... lol

That was a little harsh, IMO, sounds like you're talking about Ryan "soft goals" Mcdonald..

Tom

Old
04-26-2005, 04:07 PM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 50
Quote:
Tell us what you really think Gagne... lol

That was a little harsh, IMO, sounds like you're talking about Ryan "soft goals" Mcdonald..

Tom
I agree, but I hope that Coleman is done like dinner, and we can rely on Dennis.

As for the Syvret hit..it was clean. Might have deserved 2 minutes, but there was no real intent on the play, and I hope the Rangers get no disciplinary action over that.

Closed Thread