HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Martin St. Louis to Boston

Old
03-29-2013, 05:20 AM
Komarov77

vCash: 500
Wtf Lucic for MSL that would be huge steal for Tampa

Komarov77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:26 AM
Derp Kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Yes, we have no real need for him anymore.
Something around a 1st could be used as a start.

Maybe the rights of Chudinov would be nice as well, but not sure how you guys value him.

Oh and stop the Subban proposals, we don't need him, we already have a little better goalie prospect in Vasilevski
why don't you have any need for Purcell? Seemed like a guy you could keep with Stamkos for awhile.

Derp Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:38 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp Kassian View Post
why don't you have any need for Purcell? Seemed like a guy you could keep with Stamkos for awhile.
Well he is very one dimensional and is shy of physical play. He is a great playmaker and is a great player, but all our young wingers (Killorn, Conacher, Connolly, Panik) have better all around games, and thats what Tampa needs. And with Kucherov, we have Purcell 2.0 already in the wings to push for an NHL job. He is a great player, but the young guys bring more to the table, so I see him available and most Tampa fans are okay with trading him away, though great D prospects would be better than picks and Boston can't offer us a good one, but I would be okay with picks as well.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:42 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins1726 View Post
We need a scorer and Marty is the best out there...what would it take from the B's?
St. Louis will retire a Bolt.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:15 AM
Kaoz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
At first: MSL won't be traded, unless he asks to be traded (and that didn't happen as of what we fans know).
And the only thing I could see Tampa being really interested in is Hamilton and everybody knows that not gonna happen. Otherwise I doubt the Bruins can't offer good packages, without srewing up their line-up and/or their future.
Last point against such an trade is, that Boston will be our divisonal rival next year, so the offer msut be great, that we accpet to play at least the next 2 years against MSL.

So after all nothing will happen, but let's try some possible trades (valuewise).

My personal offer, because I love Seidenberg:
Seidenberg, 1st 2013 and Koko/ Spooner

Other offer:
Lucic, 1st 2013, 1st 2014 and Koko/ Spooner (maybe Chudinov)

@ Boston fans: Keep in mind MSL is not a rental (as Iginla), you would have MSL at leastuntil the summer of 2015
Lucic is a non starter, let alone Lucic ++

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:27 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Koko, 1st and Bartkowski...?
He is under contract for two more years and isn't slowing down. That package you tried to get Iggy with won't work IMO. You will need to add a significant piece. Take Bartkowski out and put in better.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:25 AM
kihei

vCash: 4108
How much could you get the Bruins to overspend? I'm guessing a lot. That's a real danger for Boston in the wake of the Iginla fiasco--overcompensating as a means of feeling like they are keeping up with Pittsburgh and doing something about it. St Louis is just the sort of player who might test this vulnerability, so if Tampa Bay played its cards right, I can see where this has the potential to be a really good trade for them.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Domino11

Tampa won't give MSL for free to Boston just cause he feel bad for Boston !! The iginla deal was bartkowski + koko + 1 round so expect way more for MSL ... MSL is not a rental and he's being putting big point and his contract is not bad at all with a 5.6 cap hit until 2015 !!
MSL will cost a lot to acquired .. Think lucic think Hamilton think 2 time 1 round ! Tampa won't take spare part , they will ask for a impact player , yzerman won't take a quantity for quality trade .

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Oates2Neely

Tampa sucks right now. That team needs to rebuild. I think Yzerman is smart enough to trade his assets while they still hold value (unlike Feaster). Lecavelier & St.Louis must go, this team isnt making the playoffs, AND they will play in a tougher division next season. I wont get into 'value',, but IMO #4 and #26 will be moved within a year. Time to build around Stamkos & Hedman.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:47 AM
CheerstoBeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
Tampa won't give MSL for free to Boston just cause he feel bad for Boston !! The iginla deal was bartkowski + koko + 1 round so expect way more for MSL ... MSL is not a rental and he's being putting big point and his contract is not bad at all with a 5.6 cap hit until 2015 !!
MSL will cost a lot to acquired .. Think lucic think Hamilton think 2 time 1 round ! Tampa won't take spare part , they will ask for a impact player , yzerman won't take a quantity for quality trade .
Bruins would never and will never trade Lucic (24) or Hamilton (19) for an aging St.Louis (37), especially in a year they are considered contenders. If Boston gets MSL which I highly doubt he's available it will be for a combo of picks, prospects and lesser roster players or it doesn't happen

CheerstoBeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:13 AM
Moller

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Can't see the Bruins moving Subban. Also can't imagine the Lightning would really be after him. If they thought he was the best goalie prospect in last year's draft, they would've just picked him instead Vasilevski.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchered View Post
Like someone else already said, Tampa has close to zero need for Subban. They've got Helenius, they're in negotiations with Janus and they've got Vasilevski. They're also real high on Adam Wilcox. If they wanted Subban, they would have drafted him.

Personally, I don't really think Boston and Tampa make good trading partners.
This is such a weird point I keep seeing people try to make. In 2008, six dmen were taken ahead of Karlsson. Are people suggesting that player values can't change? Or that teams can regret picks?

Moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:28 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller View Post
This is such a weird point I keep seeing people try to make. In 2008, six dmen were taken ahead of Karlsson. Are people suggesting that player values can't change? Or that teams can regret picks?
Sure player values can change, but it's a little odd to suggest that TB would regret picking Vasilevski over Subban already. It's been less than a year since the draft, both are still untested prospects and I see no reason why the Lightning would be suffering remorse at this point. IMO, Vasi still projects higher than Subban. There is absolutely no reason to make any trade that includes Subban. Especially for MSL.

And where the heck did this trading MSL thing start from anyway. The only way it happens is if he requests a trade, and as far as anybody knows, he hasn't done so.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Well, it's not even a full calendar year since that draft, so I doubt the TBay brass have any regrets about their choice, not to mention even if they now had Subban ahead of Vasilevski it doesn't change the fact they already have one of them and likely don't need two high end goalie prospects from the same draft. Not that having prospect depth is a bad thing, just that you better achieve more than that if you're moving MSL. Since the 04/05 lockout (including this year) the guy has only missed 8 games. He's as durable as it gets. In 599 games over that span he has 633 points. Does anyone have more points over that time span? I can't think of a more consistent and reliable player.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:45 AM
remer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
Wake up you guys.

Marty St.Louis is 37 years old on a 35+ contract for 5.625 million for the next two years.

Marty is not the Icon like Iginla was to Calgary. Marty is not the all round player Iginla brings to the ice.

Iginla got in return a very late 1st rd pick and two college scrubs.

Don't think he would get anymore if not less than what Boston offered Calgary.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Tampa sucks right now. That team needs to rebuild. I think Yzerman is smart enough to trade his assets while they still hold value (unlike Feaster). Lecavelier & St.Louis must go, this team isnt making the playoffs, AND they will play in a tougher division next season. I wont get into 'value',, but IMO #4 and #26 will be moved within a year. Time to build around Stamkos & Hedman.
Care about Tampa before you say something, the rebuild is close to a finish and right now Tampa has the best NHL ready prospect pool. Half our roster are rookies now and theż were our best players before the coaching change. Expect a lot to happen with our new coach. Tampa has already shown they have great players, that can win (aka the first 7 games).
Oh and keep in mind, you don't trade your superstars just because they are old. They have the right to retire in Tampa. And I'm not sure why everyone Lecavalier as an old guy, he is injuryprone and overpayed, but he is 32 !!!!! he has at least 3 to 4 great years ahean of him.

Old
03-29-2013, 10:56 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Wake up you guys.

Marty St.Louis is 37 years old on a 35+ contract for 5.625 million for the next two years.

Marty is not the Icon like Iginla was to Calgary. Marty is not the all round player Iginla brings to the ice.

To the bolded, seriously? Maybe around the league he's not an icon, which is sad, but he sure is in TB. I'm perfectly happy keeping him around until he retires, and then in the organization after that.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
Wake up you guys.

Most people would take MSL over Iginla any day in a week. Iginla is a rental and many already think he will go back to Calgary after he won a cup, so he is a rental. MSL would not be a rental.
So if Boston was willing to pay a first and two prospects for a rental, I think they will offer a LOT more for the best playmaker not called Crosby to play for you for AT LEAST 3 playoff campains at a resonable cap hit.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Quote:
Tampa scouting staff felt that Vasilevski was better than Subban, that's why they drafted him.

And it is looking a fine choice as Vasilevski looks to me the top prospect goaltender in the world (alongside Lehner), so they sure as hell are not interested in Subban now.

Vasilevskiy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:09 AM
jokerboysmith

St. Louis woudl add a lot to the Bruins. In my mind more than Iginla would.

Koko + Bartowski + 1st + 2nd (NYI conditional second from the Thomas deal)

jokerboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:26 AM
HoseEmAllAround
Extend Matt Carle

Quote:
Wake up you guys.

Are you serious right now? St. Louis is fourth in the league with points, one point behind Stamkos. Second in the league with assists.

To say Marty is not an icon to TB is ludicrous. He is older, but have you seen him slow down in production? If your answer is other than no, you're wrong.

Martin St. Louis is better than Jarome Iginla, by miles. The only thing Iginla has the advantage in is size.

Last edited by HoseEmAllAround: 03-29-2013 at 11:32 AM.
HoseEmAllAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerboysmith View Post
St. Louis woudl add a lot to the Bruins. In my mind more than Iginla would.

Koko + Bartowski + 1st + 2nd (NYI conditional second from the Thomas deal)
That's the same as the Iginla deal because that 2nd is never coming to Boston.

Bizarro Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Butchered
Tampa=Boston South

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Quote:
Not at all but it's been less than a year. If this thread was 3 years in the future and Subban was blowing it up and Vasilevski tanks then it might make sense.

So, yeah. If Tampa wanted Subban, they would have drafted him less than a year ago when they had the chance. As it stands right now, they goalie they wanted instead of him is developing nicely and will be the plan of action for the Lightning in the future.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Karate Johnson*

With only 4 divisions and even more teams in the east the "won't trade in the division" stuff is less important IMO.

You're going to automatically eliminate 25% of the league as trading partners? Seems like a bad idea if you want the best return.

Karate Johnson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:00 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
For what it's worth by LeBrun.

Quote:
"Marty St. Louis is not going to be traded," Steve Yzerman told ESPN.com Friday. "He remains one of the best players in the league and an extremely important player to our team, both on and off the ice. We are a team in transition, we just made a coaching change, Marty is one of the leaders of the team, he is not going anywhere."

At a morning skate last month at Madison Square Garden, I was sitting beside Yzerman in the stands, watching his team practising.

One by one the players left the ice at the end of the skate, leaving only St. Louis and superstar captain Steven Stamkos on the ice -- the pair sticking around longer to take more shots on goal.

Which prompted Yzerman to talk about how much it means when your stars are also among the hardest-working guys on your team, leading by example with their work ethic.

So when the St. Louis trade rumors began recently, I thought back to that moment and felt there was no way Yzerman could even think that way.

Aside from the fact St. Louis has a full no-move clause, that’s not even the point. The GM needs his veteran star around to continue to be a model for his group.

Would he be a fit in Boston? Well, yeah. He’d be a fit in about almost any team in the league, aside from perhaps Pittsburgh, where they’ve run out of locker-room stalls.

However, I will repeat one of my famous "no-trade" anecdotes when one year I quoted then-Calgary GM Darryl Sutter saying he wasn’t trading Dion Phaneuf, only to see him traded to Toronto about three weeks later.

But in this case, I’m taking Yzerman to his word.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...t-on-the-block

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Ynnek

vCash: 50
I would not risk breaking up St. Louis and Stamkos. While Stamkos is a great player what would he be like without St. Louis?

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote