HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CGY FIRESALE - Everyone must go!

Old
03-29-2013, 02:20 AM
ATdaisuki
invisible

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper View Post
Far too high on him if you think any other team would be offering their first round pick for him (which is the only way I would label him a first round caliber prospect). I'd hope the Flames would prefer quality over quantity, not 2 27 year olds with a combined 100 points and a 24 year old who's yet to break in. Flames should pass, easily. Same with the Cammalleri deal.
to be fair, most later first round-drafted prospects usually aren't valued at a first round pick to fan bases other than the one who owns his rights. i.e. most people wouldn't trade a first round pick for a prospect drafted in the mid to low first round. it's just that the first round pick is "flashy" as i like to call it. da costa only moved to a place where he would be scouted when he was above drafting age. i've watched many binghamton senator games, and his games in the nhl. his skill is very high.

you and the other guy are the first two flames fans i've seen on here that have turned down the cammalleri deal.

i'd just like to point out, you're getting two 30 point players (regin is a 30 point player in my "educated" opinion) and a potential 50-60 point player. it's late here, so maybe someone can do my homework for me, but getting roster players that can contribute and a solid prospect for a top six winger seems like a rebuild-y trade to me.

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:26 AM
Backlund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
No Sven? Fine.

Brian Boyle, Ryan Bourque and Taylor Pyatt for Mikael Backlund and TJ Brodie?
No Backlund, Baertschi or Brodie.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:29 AM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund View Post
No Backlund, Baertschi or Brodie.
Ugh. Fine

So what kind of haul can the aforementioned package get?

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:43 AM
Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
i'd just like to point out, you're getting two 30 point players (regin is a 30 point player in my "educated" opinion) and a potential 50-60 point player. it's late here, so maybe someone can do my homework for me, but getting roster players that can contribute and a solid prospect for a top six winger seems like a rebuild-y trade to me.
Overlooking the fact that Glencross likely doesn't waive his NTC.

Regin is a soon to be 27 year old unrestricted free agent. Even if he's a 30 point player (which aren't hard to find) he's worth exactly nothing to the Flames if he doesn't stick around. If he does stick around, maybe he's worth a little bit more than nothing, maybe.

Greening has another year left, but still isn't worth much when compared to Glencross and is too close to UFA to really fit into a rebuild.

So Da Costa, an almost 24 year old who's shown next to nothing in the NHL for a player who has increased his goal total every year since joining Calgary and now would be on pace for 35 goals in a regular season and happens to have one of the best contracts in the NHL? It's really a terrible proposal. 28 other teams line up and blow that proposal out of the water.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:51 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Whats the price for rental Cervenka?

And is he good defensively?

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 02:53 AM
Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Whats the price for rental Cervenka?

And is he good defensively?
I would say cheap, 2nd rounder would be absolutely fantastic. And no.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:54 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
I would say cheap, 2nd rounder would be absolutely fantastic. And no.
Ugh.

Hmmm...

Maybe not then.

I would throw a 4th. Maybe 3rd. But if he isn't good defensively then there isn't a ton of interest beyond that.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:58 AM
Paper

Quote:
Ugh.

Hmmm...

Maybe not then.

I would throw a 4th. Maybe 3rd. But if he isn't good defensively then there isn't a ton of interest beyond that.
3rd would still probably get it done, but if Murray is grabbing 2 2nd's, can't hurt to ask for one.

But, if the return is only a third or worse, I hope Feaster would try to just re-sign him first. He's shown flashes, it's his first time in the NHL and he came into the season after missing a lot of time and practice with a blood clot. And the Flames will probably have a lot of empty roster spots that he can slot into next year. I think he's been used wrongly by Hartley and the whole mess with Feaster about what position he plays was embarrassing. Flames didn't know what they were getting with him and he suffered for it, in my opinion.

Last edited by Paper: 03-29-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Old
03-29-2013, 03:03 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
3rd would still probably get it done, but if Murray is grabbing 2 2nd's, can't hurt to ask for one.

But, if the return is only a third or worse, I hope Feaster would try to just re-sign him first. He's shown flashes, it's his first time in the NHL, come into the season after a major ailment and the Flames will probably have a lot of empty roster spots that he can slot into next year. I think he's been used wrongly by Hartley and the whole mess with Feaster about what position he plays was embarrassing. Flames didn't know what they were getting with him and he suffered for it, in my opinion.
What does he bring?

Old
03-29-2013, 03:11 AM
Paper

Quote:
What does he bring?
Decent vision, good hands. Skating ability is weak compared to most top 6 players in the NHL and he's not physical. He also seems to be out of shape, which may be because he was on blood clot medication for a couple months before the season started and couldn't practice. But we were hoping he would be in better condition by now.

He showed chemistry with Hudler early on but that may have been because they were the shiny new toys.

But it's his first time on NA ice, he came into the season with no training camp, no English on top of his blood clot issues. I think, for say a 1M he's worth risking another chance on.

They also thought they got a center in him, instead they realized once the lockout was over that he doesn't play the center style they wanted so they moved him to the wing. And he seems to get in Hartley's dog house a lot.

Edit: And I don't really see too many contenders looking to add him this deadline. He's not good enough to play in the top 6 on most of them and not really effective at playing on the bottom lines.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:19 AM
sully1410

Id be interested in Cammaleri and Giordano. I have a huge man crush on Glencross, but I doubt he waives.

Winnipeg has Burmistrov, Postma and a raft of seconds and thirds that can be offered.

sully1410 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:44 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Decent vision, good hands. Skating ability is weak compared to most top 6 players in the NHL and he's not physical. He also seems to be out of shape, which may be because he was on blood clot medication for a couple months before the season started and couldn't practice. But we were hoping he would be in better condition by now.

He showed chemistry with Hudler early on but that may have been because they were the shiny new toys.

But it's his first time on NA ice, he came into the season with no training camp, no English on top of his blood clot issues. I think, for say a 1M he's worth risking another chance on.

They also thought they got a center in him, instead they realized once the lockout was over that he doesn't play the center style they wanted so they moved him to the wing. And he seems to get in Hartley's dog house a lot.

Edit: And I don't really see too many contenders looking to add him this deadline. He's not good enough to play in the top 6 on most of them and not really effective at playing on the bottom lines.
Ya Im not really interested, I thought he was better than that

Old
03-29-2013, 04:12 AM
Vitto79

Ta.Pyatt for Sarich

Last edited by Vitto79: 03-29-2013 at 04:39 AM.
Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:30 AM
Haatley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Ta.Pyatt for Sarich
How does that help flames rebuild?

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:45 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post

Paul Stastny
2013 3rd

J-Bo
I actually like this deal for both teams.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:53 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
No one said that. If you re-read my post, I stated "I know he's (Rielly) your best prospect, and untouchable..."

Your not getting JayBow for spare parts...

1st + Finn
I'll pass from a Leafs POV. Leafs should not be trading away their 1st round pick. They have exceeded expectations this season, there is no reason to make moves ala Pittsburgh, Boston, etc. who are established Stanley Cup contenders.

Jaybo would be a good addition to the Leafs but the cap hit is killer. Another 6.5 million dman who hasn't exactly earned that kind of money would be a tough pill to swallow. If something could be worked out around a Finn/Percy, Colborne/Carter, and any pick other than a first I might bite but this draft is deep enough for me to pass on Jaybo if he demanded a first rounder.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 07:09 AM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Not long ago Flames fans couldn't wait to unload Jbo, now he's worth a first rounder and a great prospect?
If you read leaf GDTs after lose, half the mob wants to get rid of kessel ASAP. Would you take spare parts for him?

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:07 AM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Overlooking the fact that Glencross likely doesn't waive his NTC.

Regin is a soon to be 27 year old unrestricted free agent. Even if he's a 30 point player (which aren't hard to find) he's worth exactly nothing to the Flames if he doesn't stick around. If he does stick around, maybe he's worth a little bit more than nothing, maybe.

Greening has another year left, but still isn't worth much when compared to Glencross and is too close to UFA to really fit into a rebuild.

So Da Costa, an almost 24 year old who's shown next to nothing in the NHL for a player who has increased his goal total every year since joining Calgary and now would be on pace for 35 goals in a regular season and happens to have one of the best contracts in the NHL? It's really a terrible proposal. 28 other teams line up and blow that proposal out of the water.
it was really late when i made those posts, so now that i'm in better working condition, i'm willing to modify my proposal. first, i'd like to rationalize my deal a bit more.

regin would stay with you completely based on the fact that he would get a better chance with your team. with a better chance, he should be something like chris kelly with better hands. ask boston fans what they think about him. greening is a good player that does hold pretty good value. he's not a throw in piece, and should be something you're looking for if you ever trade glencross, since he'd be a lesser replacement while the prospect(s) and pick(s) that you get in the trade find their way in the the league. these two players play on the team right away and bring a hard working attitude that will help create a team identity. this is something that is very important in a rebuild. part of rebuilding is bringing in a fresh feeling in the locker room, a new attitude. this helps with the young players that you will start slotting into the line-up going forward as well. they will be stepping into a locker room that is more positive.

on da costa: he is a great prospect. he has soft hands, great vision, good speed, and is very shifty. he needs to get stronger and work on his play in the defensive zone, but if he just adds strength, then he will most likely hit his second line potential. he oozes talent.

on the modification of my proposal:

i think you want greening in this trade. if the unlikely scenario where the flames would trade glencross, and he'd waive for us, greening is a player feaster should and probably will ask for. i think regin becomes a piece that we want to add to the trade, and feaster accepts, as there is little risk in getting him. da costa stays in the trade as a valuable piece. we have already traded bishop and this years third round pick for cammalleri. we add next year's second round pick or shane prince (lw. plays kinda like da costa on the wing, but seems to be stronger and not as much vision and passing as da costa. a better shooter. was buried behing binghamton's crazy depth for a while, but after the lockout ended, and some injuries hit, he's taken on a scoring roll and is playing very well for a first year pro.) or jean-gabriel pageau (also a first year pro. plays bigger than his size, and needs to because he is very small. excellent two way player, and showed it when he was behind binghamton's crazy depth at the beginning of the year. he is a great penalty killer, and is now getting a chance to show us his offensive skill. nice little story with him: when murray went with his scouting staff to scout jonathan huberdeau (i think it was him) in a playoff game game, after the game he said "take both number 11's". the other number 11 was pageau, who was his team's first line center and shut-down line on huberdeau.)

tl;dr (only for second section. i do recommend you read it, as it has prospect evaluations and why i think feaster would take some of the players)

new trade: glencross for greening, regin, da costa, 2nd next year/shane prince/jean-gabriel pageau

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:10 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

For the Jets, Cammalleri or Tanguay would be nice, but a guy like Stempniak or Comeau is more realistic.

The Anton would be a good depth defenseman as well.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:35 AM
DBU
Hoss Creek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Ugh. Fine

So what kind of haul can the aforementioned package get?
Laugh if you want but Backlund and Brodie are two of our best young players. A package that includes Taylor freakin' Pyatt is not going to be enough to get them out of Calgary.

I don't know what that package would get you because the only player I'm even remotely interested in from it is Boyle.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Not long ago Flames fans couldn't wait to unload Jbo, now he's worth a first rounder and a great prospect?
Ironic. How much would Kadri cost?

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:47 AM
startainfection

sarich for isles future considerations?

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
sarich for isles future considerations?
You can have him for a 5th.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:03 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

kostka and a 2nd for wideman

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Ashasx

What do Leafs fans think of Matt Finn + 3rd for Kiprusoff (of course, assuming he reports)?

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote