HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
NHLinsiderNHL
Who is this twitterer?

Is he as legit as MC Hammer?

Old
04-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
McBain isn't what LA needs as he known as a PMD. 6'2', 200lbs and a R hand shot. similar size to both AMart and VV. i've seen threads from CAR fans frustrated with his development, which is another reason no need to move for him.

if anything it puts a PMD out on the market that may lessen the value of AMart, Muzz if DL is shopping either of them.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Basilisk

OT.....

In other news, Thomas Hickey is a +3 on a team where -9 is "normal". I'm just sayin'.........

Old
04-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Winger23

Quote:
NHLinsiderNHL Regehr trade to LA imminent. Picks are the return. #LAKings #Sabres #TradeCentre

and

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 12m Robin Regehr isn't on the ice in Buffalo cause of "maintenance". Many think they r protecting the asset. He has a no move. #TRADETRACKER
Picks as in plural? Hopefully no picks higher than a 3rd.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Basilisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
Picks as in plural? Hopefully no picks higher than a 3rd.

Likely a 3rd from 2013 and our 2nd in 2014.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
In other news, Thomas Hickey is a +3 on a team where -9 is "normal". I'm just sayin'.........
Good for him. Hopefully he pans out.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
i've been watching a few NYI games lately. if they are smart and ride out what they have to let it mature, they have some potential to reverse their fortunes.

the re-signing of Vis the other day was a great move by them. whether he stays and provides the leadership and ability. or and i think it was done was to move him this week. it won't surprise me to see him moved this week at all and NYI take the pick +.

on the other front.....

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 17m
CBJ will be a buyer. Columbus would be willing to part with 1 of their 3 first rnd draft picks for a scoring forward.

i wonder what we could move to CLB and try get back a 1st from them?

Old
04-01-2013, 11:46 AM
MollerManor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
i've been watching a few NYI games lately. if they are smart and ride out what they have to let it mature, they have some potential to reverse their fortunes.

the re-signing of Vis the other day was a great move by them. whether he stays and provides the leadership and ability. or and i think it was done was to move him this week. it won't surprise me to see him moved this week at all and NYI take the pick +.

on the other front.....

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 17m
CBJ will be a buyer. Columbus would be willing to part with 1 of their 3 first rnd draft picks for a scoring forward.

Penner, lol.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:46 AM
cyclones22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
Carter?

Old
04-01-2013, 12:30 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Vanek is on the block, wonder if the Kings have room to acquire him. Sabres take Penner in exchange since both have expiring contracts, and the Sabres get a prospect/pick included in the deal as well.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Vanek is on the block, wonder if the Kings have room to acquire him. Sabres take Penner in exchange since both have expiring contracts, and the Sabres get a prospect/pick included in the deal as well.
The Sabres are going to want a huge return for Vanek

He also has 1 more year after this at an over 7 mil cap hit. no thanks

Old
04-01-2013, 12:52 PM
bobafettish*

maybe toffoli, bernier, stoll and a 2nd for vanek and RR

Old
04-01-2013, 12:58 PM
YP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
maybe toffoli, bernier, stoll and a 2nd for vanek and RR
Most people are likely to shut this down due to Toffoli being included, me I don't like it because I see Stoll as a neccessary piece in the playoffs.

Most the kings should offer (buffalo would likely decline) for that package IMO is
Vey, Bernier, Martinez, 3rd.
I doubt it gets done and we would need to make another trade for a backup.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:13 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
I love Vanek, and as good as he'd look in a Kings uni, he makes a lot of $$ and can't see how with all the other players DL has to sign for next year, he'd fit under the cap.
Also, Penner won't get it done, not in the same league as Vanek. Vanek's a top 3 player and there will be teams able to offer better, including a 1st rounder perhaps.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:18 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I love Vanek, and as good as he'd look in a Kings uni, he makes a lot of $$ and can't see how with all the other players DL has to sign for next year, he'd fit under the cap.
Also, Penner won't get it done, not in the same league as Vanek. Vanek's a top 3 player and there will be teams able to offer better, including a 1st rounder perhaps.
I completely agree.

I would love Vanek in a Kings uni, guy is nails and a pure sniper to boot but he is going to cost allot both in getting and paying him.

I think we are set in our top 6 with TT LV and TP for the next few years (Kitsyn could come back this offseason and become a Penner replacement easily if he does too). I think this has been what DL and co have been hoping for and what their best case scenario plan was all along.

But Vanek would be an amazing pick up. I don't see any way we could clear our roster enough to make it work and leave us with a team that could maintain its depth well enough to make it worth while but if there was a way either he or even Pommer would both be amazing fits.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Telos
In Futa We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Vanek would be an incredible pickup, but unnecessary and way way too expensive. We'd be giving up Bernier + Toffoli + Roster Player + Pick. Not only that but we will be trading away some of our RFA and UFA players as well as we won't be able to re-sign half of them. No way Dean is looking at acquiring a forward like that, unless we are suddenly shopping Williams as well, though it would still cripple us financially.

Defense and cheaper 2nd/3rd line wingers are probably all we are looking at, maybe backup goaltenders if Bernier is dealt, but our primary need is a defenseman, no matter what, Dean is getting a Defenseman.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45-year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the kings of the National Hockey League!” - Bob Miller
Old
04-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
I'd love to have Vanek too, but in all likelihood they would want Voynov because their D is a mess. That is a sacrifice I'm not willing to make, Slava is just too good to deal away.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:34 PM
saintsnsoldiers
GO KINGS GO

Gleason out of Carolina is what Id like.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:38 PM
LombardiTool

Not sure why anyone wants to break up this core for a name player. Get a solid D man and go with what won it last year. If we can get some secondary scoring for next too nothing, great. We cant give up our 3rd line center and great backup goalie for Vanek.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Vanek was an option before Carter's arrival in LA.

If Lombardi is going to get another top 6 forward, I would expect it around the draft/UFA and not the trade deadline.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:44 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Vanek could work this season, as far as cap hit is concerned, and Penner would certainly be going the other way since the Sabres would have to take on that expiring contract and we'd have too many LW'ers on the roster if Penner stayed. Penner, 2nd round pick, prospect.

And on the flip side, the huge cap hit next season means that Vanek won't be expensive. Vanek is not going to have many offers, if any.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:45 PM
KingKopitar11*

We most likely aren't making a big trade for Regehr + it probably stops at regehr

Old
04-01-2013, 01:50 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I'd love to have Vanek too, but in all likelihood they would want Voynov because their D is a mess. That is a sacrifice I'm not willing to make, Slava is just too good to deal away.
I don't think the Sabres can really ask for a player like Voynov with Vanek's huge cap hit. If they are asking for Voynov, then I hope Lombardi laughs, then hangs up the phone.

That being said, it could still work if the price is right, as DL always says.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
deeshamrock

What about David Clarkson? he's a UFA after this season and salary wise (2.6) not bad. If the devils think he'll play the field, I wonder if they'd take Penner ?

Old
04-01-2013, 02:04 PM
deeshamrock

@DarrenDreger: Regehr trade talk is interesting. Sabres haven't been offered anything yet worthy of seeking clearance from the vet D-man. #tradecentre

so if this is true, what exactly do the Sabres think he's worth??? Most likely they are thinking the longer they wait , that maybe by Wens afternoon someone will overpay.

Closed Thread