HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Nathan Beaulieu sent down to Hamilton (April 18th, 2013)

Old
03-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
I think Bustlieu is a better nickname, suits him well.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:57 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Allstar Material

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:01 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
How about bottledwater?

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:14 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

'nice place'

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:33 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Tinordi-Beaulieu-Pateryn-Ellis (hopefully soon)...habs defensive depth is awesome. Excited for this team in the future.
Don't forget Thrower and Dietz playing in Saskatoon... Well at the Memorial cup anyway.

Can't Believe my hometown Blades got swept AGAIN by the Medicine Hat Tigers for the second straight year... They were the #2 seed and the Tigers were #7

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:34 PM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Don't forget Thrower and Dietz playing in Saskatoon... Well at the Memorial cup anyway.

Can't Believe my hometown Blades got swept AGAIN by the Medicine Hat Tigers for the second straight year... They were the #2 seed and the Tigers were #7
**** they got swept? That's pretty bad.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:37 PM
Teufelsdreck

Beaulieu will feel stretched to be playing at the NHL level and he'll do his best to keep up with his teammates.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:09 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Lol haters gonna hate.

This kid is the real deal. Must have seen him play at least 120 games while in junior. Raw skill, very coachable. Not surprised at all to hear his defensive game has been improved in Hamilton.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:23 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
Gotta love Bergevin and his crew. They are turning the Habs back into a classy organization once again, how refreshing! This team is in good hands for the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Except for Kaberle and Weber and Nokia, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
Exactly, those three are not part of the Habs' future. Beaulieu, Tinordi and co are...
Not that I'm complaining, but if one is only "classy" to one's CURRENT friends, and callous toward those who one chose to be friends with earlier, but for some reason are no longer interested in, that is not really showing class, just cunning.

This is particularly true of how Kaberle is being treated. He gave the Habs EXACTLY what he had in the tank, and he is an NHL-calibre player being frozen out of a chance to continue playing.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Not that I'm complaining, but if one is only "classy" to one's CURRENT friends, and callous toward those who one chose to be friends with earlier, but for some reason are no longer interested in, that is not really showing class, just cunning.

This is particularly true of how Kaberle is being treated. He gave the Habs EXACTLY what he had in the tank, and he is an NHL-calibre player being frozen out of a chance to continue playing.
Yes it heartless, ruthless, and, as far as I can see, effective. They've decided Kaberle is detrimental to the team, and the team comes first. They were ready to do it with Gomez too.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:34 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
Lol haters gonna hate.

This kid is the real deal. Must have seen him play at least 120 games while in junior. Raw skill, very coachable. Not surprised at all to hear his defensive game has been improved in Hamilton.
Im with you on this one...beaulieu will pass Tinordi...80% of the people love Tinordi only because of his size... has any one here seen this Tinordi skate? i hope he improves his skating because at this time he is NOT ready for the big leagues..send him back and keep him there...

MyNameIsNobody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:

This isn't a round of golf, this is the business of hockey. If you're not part of the ones' that can help the team the most, then you won't be playing. If no one is willing to take the guy off our hands, it's only fair, according to what's in the best interest of the team, that he sit out.

The Kaberle situation is neither classy or classless.

Em Ancien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Lafleurs Guy

This is going to be fun to watch.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:01 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Yes it heartless, ruthless, and, as far as I can see, effective. They've decided Kaberle is detrimental to the team, and the team comes first. They were ready to do it with Gomez too.
Not the same. Gomez did not give them what was expected of him, Kaberle did.

But that is not even my main point.

My main point is that Bergevin is doing what is good for the team, in his eyes, and that is all. It may be fun for the fans, but it is going overboard to call his policies "classy".

This is obviously a business, and in this case "classiness" is not really a factor in it, positively or negatively.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
Im with you on this one...beaulieu will pass Tinordi...80% of the people love Tinordi only because of his size... has any one here seen this Tinordi skate? i hope he improves his skating because at this time he is NOT ready for the big leagues..send him back and keep him there...
What? Have you watched Tinordi skate ?Typical non-knowledgable fan

Brolieu it is now.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:08 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
This is going to be fun to watch.
I agree. Unlike some other fans here, I don't believe we have to do the Halak versus Price thing all over again.

I think BOTH Beaulieu and Tinordi will be big players for us for years. Either one has the potential of being Norris-trophy candidates, one as a future Brian Campbell and the other as a future Rod Langway.

OR they could just be good players.

It is indeed going to be fun watching to find out.

I feel like this is 1973 again, and Lafleur, Robinson, Wilson and Gainey were the up and comers on a team with decent vets already.

We didn't know how it would turn out (three out of four hit their potential!!) but it was fun watching.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

Quote:

This is obviously a business, and in this case "classiness" is not really a factor in it, positively or negatively.
Of course it's a business and as such, image is important so yes, class is a factor. But we are straying away from the threads' topic which is Beaulieu.
Maybe another thread should be created for this subject...

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
I agree. Unlike some other fans here, I don't believe we have to do the Halak versus Price thing all over again.

I think BOTH Beaulieu and Tinordi will be big players for us for years. Either one has the potential of being Norris-trophy candidates, one as a future Brian Campbell and the other as a future Rod Langway.

I feel like this is 1973 again, and Lafleur, Robinson, Wilson and Gainey were the up and comers on a team with decent vets already.

We didn't know how it would turn out (three out of four hit their potential!!) but it was fun watching.
Sadly Tinordi will never win a Norris. The NHL is based around points over anything.
(Just look at last year or how Weber never won a Norris and Chara who won only one..)
Doesnt mean he can't be a damn good important piece on this team.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Tyson

They should create a trophy for top scoring D- The Bobby Orr Trophy.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
They should create a trophy for top scoring D- The Bobby Orr Trophy.
They already have one. It's basically the Norris now.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Rick16

Darche just said on l'AC that when he arrived at the camp last year, it was written N8 the Great on all of his stick loll. Pretty funny

Rick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:28 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
Darche just said on l'AC that when he arrived at the camp last year, it was written N8 the Great on all of his stick loll. Pretty funny
Definitely got the impression that some vets told him to grow the **** up this year. Changed his twitter, stopped posting as much dumb ****. Seems to have matured a ton on the ice as well. I actually was pretty lukewarm on Bolier before this year. Was really tough to get a read on how important he was for such a beast club in St- John. He's had a really impressive learning curve so far, though, and I really wasn't expecting him to get this good this quick. Not subbanian, but still very fast.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Our blue line is definitely going to be in the top 3 in the league when Nathan becomes an NHLer.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:53 PM
sammy d

Quote:

Settle down now, don't get carried away. Norris trophy ???

That is all.

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
Settle down now, don't get carried away. Norris trophy ???

That is all.
If someone has a shot at it for us, outside of P.K., who will win it this year, it's Brolieu.
He has the talent to be a 50-60 first pairing Dman.

Keep in mind that what you want from a Dman at first is good physical attributes(Check) and good offensive instinct(Chaching.). Defensive instinct can be taught.