HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2013, 04:12 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
cns or anyone else that can answer my question. Is any of the lws with top line ability ready for nhl action? if not when do you figure they might be ready for a shot? anyone else from outside of ahl that maybe ready first? The reason im asking is i have been taken alot of heat in the vanek thread and im starting to think we don't need him with alot of lw talent coming Kitsyn porkin?pearson voykov delaurier etc ( i know im missing someone please add the name for me) but id like to hear it from people who see them play game in game out.
Zykov to me is the only top line player. Outside of him, I see Prokhorkin and Pearson as 2nd line wingers. Kitsyn and Nicky Des as 3rd liners. Andy Andy can maybe play LW but it seems they want him at center...aka taking Frasers job next year. Voykov will take over for Kopi as this teams top line center half way through this year.

Old
10-25-2013, 01:31 PM
kiluj

Prohorkin with a goal and a fight today in 1-4 loss. Here's video of the fight

Old
10-25-2013, 03:12 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Last edited by CNS: 10-27-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old
10-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiluj View Post
Prohorkin with a goal and a fight today in 1-4 loss. Here's video of the fight
well, he should learn the Matt Greene fighting tackticks and hugged his opponent...

He's doing fine tho...Scoring at a nice clip too. tnx for your input,
appreciate it....

Old
10-25-2013, 05:16 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Deano here in Manch. As is Ferreira and Yanetti. And one CBJ scout.

Old
10-25-2013, 05:23 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Deano here in Manch. As is Ferreira and Yanetti. And one CBJ scout.
I'd like to also thank you for your narchs insight. It's simply great to have a frequent poster creeping out Manchester

Old
10-25-2013, 05:34 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
I'd like to also thank you for your narchs insight. It's simply great to have a frequent poster creeping out Manchester
I wanted to take a picture of him focused in but I figured I'd introduce myself to him BEFORE taking creep pics of him.

Old
10-25-2013, 07:53 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Derek Forbort....just isn't very good. It's not that he's brutal but he has no discernible skills. And I highly question his judgements.

Old
10-25-2013, 08:04 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Derek Forbort....just isn't very good. It's not that he's brutal but he has no discernible skills. And I highly question his judgements.
I don't know he looks fine the games Ive seen him live.

He has been a plus player every where he has played. Currently a +5 for the Monarchs.

I think people are expecting just too much out of the guy, He is not some world beater on the blue line.

He will be a top 4 minute eater that will have lapses of physical play etc. make a mistake here or there.

Forbort will be an NHL defender though, has the necessary tools/size. It's just not spectacular.

Old
10-25-2013, 08:15 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post

He has been a plus player every where he has played. Currently a +5 for the Monarchs.

I think people are expecting just too much out of the guy, He is not some world beater on the blue line.

He will be a top 4 minute eater that will have lapses of physical play etc. make a mistake here or there.

Forbort will be an NHL defender though, has the necessary tools/size. It's just not spectacular.
Mistakes here or there is an understatement. The guy hasn't made a single good read all game. He forces passes. HE doesn't see defenders clearly in the lane. Just...ugh.

Old
10-25-2013, 08:18 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Mistakes here or there is an understatement. The guy hasn't made a single good read all game. He forces passes. HE doesn't see defenders clearly in the lane. Just...ugh.
Ive heard that about him before, but the guy has been a plus player his entire Hockey career...

Never been an minus player, except for in those 4 playoff games last year -2.

So He must be doing something right. Cause if you have poor puck movement as a Defender, that shows up immediately on the stat sheet.

See Jack Johnson/ Nick Des.

Derek Forbort, statistically had a better College career than Scuderi/Greene.

Scuderi was damn good at BC too.

Old
10-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
It's his first year of pro.

Old
10-25-2013, 08:54 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post

Nothing against CNS but he plays favorites harder then Sutter. Forbort he hates and anybody from Russia is the best player the Kings have ever drafted. (the two are probably tied together cause we coulda had a few Russian's with Forborts pick....)

Old
10-25-2013, 09:31 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Nothing against CNS but he plays favorites harder then Sutter. Forbort he hates and anybody from Russia is the best player the Kings have ever drafted. (the two are probably tied together cause we coulda had a few Russian's with Forborts pick....)

This is cute. First off, I questioned the Forbort pick because he was a defenseman but that's it. Once I got over that, I really liked what Forbort was supposed to bring. But every time I've watched him play, I've never seen great improvement or anything that would indicate him being deserving of that pick. I GET that it's his first year as a pro. I'm telling you what I saw tonight and it wasn't good. Historically, my viewings of Forbort have lead me to my feelings on him. I know he's still a project. I get it. Just haven't seen the progress. Maybe I'm harsh on him because he was drafted 15th overall but tonight just simply was hard to watch.

As for the Russians, I'm not going to deny I like them. But you again over-exaggerate my feelings. If Zykov was the same player but was named Jean-Sebastien Frog-legs playing in the Q, I would still be a huge fan. Prokhorkin was a guy I saw had TREMENDOUS talent. But it's not like I have a ***** for him solely for being Russian. If you really wanted to, go back to the 2012 draft thread. I wanted 5 guys at 30th overall. 2 were Swedes, 1 was America, and 2 were Russians. I'd say that's not me only loving Russians, now is it? And Prokhorkin wasn't even the guy I wanted most. I wanted the two Swedes and one 'Merican over him. Hell, I might have even wanted Slepyshev over him. But if you want to think of me in that way, that's fine but you're better off just adding me to your ignore list because it's clear you think very lowly of me.

Old
10-25-2013, 10:02 PM
KingLB

Quote:

This is cute. First off, I questioned the Forbort pick because he was a defenseman but that's it. Once I got over that, I really liked what Forbort was supposed to bring. But every time I've watched him play, I've never seen great improvement or anything that would indicate him being deserving of that pick. I GET that it's his first year as a pro. I'm telling you what I saw tonight and it wasn't good. Historically, my viewings of Forbort have lead me to my feelings on him. I know he's still a project. I get it. Just haven't seen the progress. Maybe I'm harsh on him because he was drafted 15th overall but tonight just simply was hard to watch.

As for the Russians, I'm not going to deny I like them. But you again over-exaggerate my feelings. If Zykov was the same player but was named Jean-Sebastien Frog-legs playing in the Q, I would still be a huge fan. Prokhorkin was a guy I saw had TREMENDOUS talent. But it's not like I have a ***** for him solely for being Russian. If you really wanted to, go back to the 2012 draft thread. I wanted 5 guys at 30th overall. 2 were Swedes, 1 was America, and 2 were Russians. I'd say that's not me only loving Russians, now is it? And Prokhorkin wasn't even the guy I wanted most. I wanted the two Swedes and one 'Merican over him. Hell, I might have even wanted Slepyshev over him. But if you want to think of me in that way, that's fine but you're better off just adding me to your ignore list because it's clear you think very lowly of me.

Calm down, no need to play the Martyr. Tons of people on here have bias', you're not alone. Herby loves his flashy wingers like Kane...and Utah loves his knuckle draggers...

Old
10-25-2013, 10:57 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Last edited by CNS: 10-27-2013 at 02:25 AM.
Old
10-25-2013, 11:04 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
This is so true. In fact, he's said that Forbort's ceiling would be an Ellerby. Haters are gonna hate I guess.

Old
10-26-2013, 12:51 AM
Basilisk

Quote:
Question: would you guys REALLY hate me if I made a reference to Miley Cyrus in tonights article? This is sadly a serious question.

No. We'd just think "lowly" of you!

Old
10-26-2013, 12:59 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
No. We'd just think "lowly" of you!

I didn't do it. Couldn't bring myself to that level.

Old
10-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Fat Elvis
El Guapo

Quote:

I didn't do it. Couldn't bring myself to that level.

Hey man, own it!

Old
10-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
That just makes him a possible Scuderi or many stay at home defensemen in the NHL. Maybe expecting to much due to him being picked pretty high. But hey he has a good shot playing for the Kings because those are the kinds of players D. Sutter likes(No discernible skills).

Old
10-26-2013, 01:13 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Last edited by CNS: 10-27-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old
10-26-2013, 03:57 PM
McSorley 33

Anyone watching today's game?

Old
10-26-2013, 04:08 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng

Monarchs up 4-3 early in the 3rd. Monarchs were up 4-0 heading into the 3rd, but are collapsing bad. St. John's has had EIGHT PP's

Shore from Sabourin & Andreoff
Toffoli from Miller
Vey from Kozun and Weal (PP)
Toffoli from Weal & Vey (PP)

Toffoli has 7 goals and 4 assists (and I think 3 shootout goals) in 9 and 2/3'rds games

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 10-26-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old
10-26-2013, 04:14 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Last edited by CNS: 10-27-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Closed Thread