HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2014, 04:44 PM
  #726
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character
 
HYORI 1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,444
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
He's just too small imo.
Where Weal lacks in size, I think he can more than compensate for it in other aspects of the game.

Weal along with ND are the two players, I'm most excited to seeing in a kings uni.

HYORI 1963 is offline  
Old
01-11-2014, 05:31 PM
  #727
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 32,505
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Where Weal lacks in size, I think he can more than compensate for it in other aspects of the game.

Weal along with ND are the two players, I'm most excited to seeing in a kings uni.
I don't think Weal ever makes it on the Kings. If they passed on Kozun, they'll pass on Weal.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
01-11-2014, 05:49 PM
  #728
CNS
A World Alone
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,560
vCash: 500
AHL: Jones victorious in return to Manchester

Quote:

It was all smiles in Manchester Friday night as the hometown crowd saw a familiar face for the first time since he left the team in November. With Jonathan Quick’s return from injury, Martin Jones finally returned to the Monarchs lineup Friday night, as his team took on the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.

CNS is offline  
Old
01-11-2014, 08:22 PM
  #729
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,079
vCash: 500
cns do you think pearson can be effective on a nhl pp ?

KingCanadain1976 is offline  
Old
01-11-2014, 08:45 PM
  #730
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 3,162
vCash: 500
Highlights on the Monarchs 5-2 loss to the Albany Devils.

Power play goal from Nick Shore who continues to play strong for Manchester. Brain O'Neill also scored a goal for the Monarchs. J.F. Berbue on the other hands continues to struggle allowing 4 goals on 21 shots.


CTKingsFan is offline  
Old
01-11-2014, 09:02 PM
  #731
CNS
A World Alone
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
cns do you think pearson can be effective on a nhl pp ?
Yes. His wrist shot is an absolute laser.

CNS is offline  
Old
01-11-2014, 09:12 PM
  #732
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Yes. His wrist shot is an absolute laser.
Thank you for the answer I thought so as well I really would like to see him kopitar and toffoli on a pp to see what they can do.

KingCanadain1976 is offline  
Old
01-13-2014, 12:51 PM
  #733
PJ Kings Hockey
Registered User
 
PJ Kings Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,805
vCash: 500
A big reason for the success of the Monarchs is that their role players consistently step up. Yesterday it was O'Brien and LoVerde providing the goals in a 2-1 victory over Providence. Theirs is really a team effort. Over 3 games and 8 goals this weekend we had 8 different goal scorers: Sabourin, Kozun, Vey, Backman, Shore, O'Neill, LoVerde and O'Brien.

PJ Kings Hockey is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 07:53 AM
  #734
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Big weekend in Newfoundland coming up!


Last edited by seen em all: 01-15-2014 at 09:17 PM.
seen em all is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 03:13 PM
  #735
PJ Kings Hockey
Registered User
 
PJ Kings Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,805
vCash: 500
So with Scrivens being traded to the Oilers, it looks like Jones will go up to the NHL, Berube will get to be the #1 goalie in Manchester, and Niederberger will get promoted from Ontario to the AHL to be the back-up. (Darn, I wish I had caught an Ontario Reign game.) How long until Bartosak will get to play in the AHL or ECHL? A year and a half?

What is in Newfoundland?

PJ Kings Hockey is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 03:21 PM
  #736
Sybil227
Registered User
 
Sybil227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Santa Clarita
Country: United States
Posts: 3,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Kings Hockey View Post
So with Scrivens being traded to the Oilers, it looks like Jones will go up to the NHL, Berube will get to be the #1 goalie in Manchester, and Niederberger will get promoted from Ontario to the AHL to be the back-up. (Darn, I wish I had caught an Ontario Reign game.) How long until Bartosak will get to play in the AHL or ECHL? A year and a half?

What is in Newfoundland?
Nice dogs?

Sybil227 is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 03:22 PM
  #737
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Kings Hockey View Post
So with Scrivens being traded to the Oilers, it looks like Jones will go up to the NHL, Berube will get to be the #1 goalie in Manchester, and Niederberger will get promoted from Ontario to the AHL to be the back-up. (Darn, I wish I had caught an Ontario Reign game.) How long until Bartosak will get to play in the AHL or ECHL? A year and a half?

What is in Newfoundland?
Bartosak SHOULD be in the ECHL or AHL this year (he is eligible). Still not sure why he isn't.

He'll likely be the backup in Manchester next year unless the Kings bring in another goalie.

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
01-15-2014, 03:40 PM
  #738
Newfy OilPenguin
Registered User
 
Newfy OilPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 4,080
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Kings Hockey View Post
So with Scrivens being traded to the Oilers, it looks like Jones will go up to the NHL, Berube will get to be the #1 goalie in Manchester, and Niederberger will get promoted from Ontario to the AHL to be the back-up. (Darn, I wish I had caught an Ontario Reign game.) How long until Bartosak will get to play in the AHL or ECHL? A year and a half?

What is in Newfoundland?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227 View Post
Nice dogs?
Wrong answer, you're looking for Zach O'brien. He's the best player we have in the AHL right now. Looking forward to seeing him saturday night. Wanted to see Jones but that didn't work out.

Can anyone give me a quick rendition of the Monarchs lineup so I can study up on who to watch? I'd greatly appreciate it

Newfy OilPenguin is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 03:47 PM
  #739
HockeyCA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfy IceCapd View Post
Wrong answer, you're looking for Zach O'brien. He's the best player we have in the AHL right now. Looking forward to seeing him saturday night. Wanted to see Jones but that didn't work out.

Can anyone give me a quick rendition of the Monarchs lineup so I can study up on who to watch? I'd greatly appreciate it
Not only is O'Brien not our best forward in Manchester.. He's not even in our top 6. Kozun, Weal, Deslaurieirs, Toffoli, Andreoff, Shore, Sabourin.. All better players. O'Brien has a long way to go to even become a regular top six AHL player IMO.

HockeyCA is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 05:26 PM
  #740
CNS
A World Alone
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfy IceCapd View Post
Wrong answer, you're looking for Zach O'brien. He's the best player we have in the AHL right now. Looking forward to seeing him saturday night. Wanted to see Jones but that didn't work out.

Can anyone give me a quick rendition of the Monarchs lineup so I can study up on who to watch? I'd greatly appreciate it
Berube will start and is the new starter. Has issue but will be good if he can fix them. Calm game but athletic too.

Weal is the best forward. Shifty, talented, criminally underrated defensively, but small.

Deslauriers is in 1st yr as forward after transitioning from D. Hits like a freight train and very talented LWer but is inconsistent still.

Vey and Toffoli are obvious. Going to destroy.

Shore is very talented defensively and his offense has begun to come around. Likely 3rd line center soon.

Bodnarchuk is the best D. All around good. Good all zones, good skater, good defensively, good shot, good vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCA View Post
Not only is O'Brien not our best forward in Manchester.. He's not even in our top 6. Kozun, Weal, Deslaurieirs, Toffoli, Andreoff, Shore, Sabourin.. All better players. O'Brien has a long way to go to even become a regular top six AHL player IMO.
He meant in Newfoundland. And O'Brien has been very impressive for a tryout player.

CNS is offline  
Old
01-15-2014, 06:17 PM
  #741
Peter James Bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Kings Hockey View Post

What is in Newfoundland?
Not 'what', but 'who'. Brilliant hockey mind Tonellisghost is in Newfoundland...

Peter James Bond is offline  
Old
01-16-2014, 01:13 PM
  #742
Newfy OilPenguin
Registered User
 
Newfy OilPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 4,080
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Berube will start and is the new starter. Has issue but will be good if he can fix them. Calm game but athletic too.

Weal is the best forward. Shifty, talented, criminally underrated defensively, but small.

Deslauriers is in 1st yr as forward after transitioning from D. Hits like a freight train and very talented LWer but is inconsistent still.

Vey and Toffoli are obvious. Going to destroy.

Shore is very talented defensively and his offense has begun to come around. Likely 3rd line center soon.

Bodnarchuk is the best D. All around good. Good all zones, good skater, good defensively, good shot, good vision.



He meant in Newfoundland. And O'Brien has been very impressive for a tryout player.
This is what I meant yes.God knows you have easily one of the hardest top 6 to crack. Thanks for the points CNS appreciate that!

The caps D is looking very suspect right now with a lot of ECHL calibre players finding their way into the lineup. We've also lost big players in O'dell and Klingberg to the jets recently so black hole offence players like Riley and Schnell get more minutes.

Honestly don't like the odds against easily the best team in the AHL (you guys)

Newfy OilPenguin is offline  
Old
01-16-2014, 01:14 PM
  #743
Newfy OilPenguin
Registered User
 
Newfy OilPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 4,080
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Not 'what', but 'who'. Brilliant hockey mind Tonellisghost is in Newfoundland...
Also, Bob Cole is from here, so we have that! The stadiums broadcast both is called the Bob Cole media centre...

Newfy OilPenguin is offline  
Old
01-16-2014, 01:42 PM
  #744
seen em all
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfy IceCapd View Post
Also, Bob Cole is from here, so we have that! The stadiums broadcast both is called the Bob Cole media centre...
Captain Morgan is one of Bob Coles best friends, I myself would like to try that famous Newfie beverage called Screech

seen em all is offline  
Old
01-16-2014, 02:22 PM
  #745
Newfy OilPenguin
Registered User
 
Newfy OilPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 4,080
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post
Captain Morgan is one of Bob Coles best friends, I myself would like to try that famous Newfie beverage called Screech
If you're a hard hard booze kinda guy Screech is for you. Terrible stuff really. But i'd recommend it if the kings get knocked out of the play offs if you catch my drift

Newfy OilPenguin is offline  
Old
01-16-2014, 03:42 PM
  #746
HockeyCA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfy IceCapd View Post
This is what I meant yes.God knows you have easily one of the hardest top 6 to crack. Thanks for the points CNS appreciate that!

The caps D is looking very suspect right now with a lot of ECHL calibre players finding their way into the lineup. We've also lost big players in O'dell and Klingberg to the jets recently so black hole offence players like Riley and Schnell get more minutes.

Honestly don't like the odds against easily the best team in the AHL (you guys)
My mistake. Missed that one. You seem like a nice enough fellow.

HockeyCA is offline  
Old
01-17-2014, 03:33 AM
  #747
damacles1156
Registered User
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 20,052
vCash: 500
Maxim kitsyn ..... Boy does he have a lot of work too do. Russia ruined two years of his development.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
01-18-2014, 04:07 PM
  #748
PJ Kings Hockey
Registered User
 
PJ Kings Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,805
vCash: 500
300 and counting: Morris reaches milestone with Monarchs

Quote:
“When you see those guys and see where they started, how far they’ve come, and the accolades that they have over the last little while, it really is a gratifying thing for the people on our staff,” Morris said.
Quote:
“Being a competitive guy, sometimes you need to accept the fact that it is what it is,” Morris said, referring to what he had learned since his 300th win as a head coach on the collegiate level. “You want to do what’s right for the city of Manchester but you understand, in the big scheme of things, it’s to help the big club win, and as they have success, we have success. We know in our hearts and in our minds that we’re able to do both.

“It’s not an easy thing some nights when Kings have injuries or we have injuries and guys are called up. Perhaps they’re called up to be there as an insurance policy, but they’re not even playing sometimes and you’re playing shorthanded with guys you just met, trying to figure out what their names are.”
Quote:
Now, players like Jordan Weal, Brandon Kozun and Nick Deslauriers are providing the Monarchs with the offense they need to remain successful. Morris is quick to credit the team as a whole for their success.

“We’ve relied heavily on guys like Jeff Schultz, Andrew Bodnarchuk and Andrew Campbell — three veteran D who give us stability,” Morris said. “When I look up front, everyone else is sharing duties and sharing responsibilities and picking up the scoring slack. Everybody is taking their turn sharing the roles and playing their system — that’s the way we have to be.

“We don’t have anyone in the top scorers in the league. We play on a scorer-by-committee system.”
http://hockeyjournal.com/news/pros/a..._with_Monarchs

PJ Kings Hockey is offline  
Old
01-18-2014, 05:05 PM
  #749
PJ Kings Hockey
Registered User
 
PJ Kings Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,805
vCash: 500
History helping Kings prospects learn in the present

Quote:
If there's anyone who can understand the trials and tribulations of an athlete's first year as a professional, it's a longtime friend who is experiencing the same transition alongside him.

Rookies Derek Forbort and Nick Shore of the American Hockey League's Manchester Monarchs have a history that dates back to when they were teammates in the United States National Team Development Program, capturing a gold medal at the 2010 World Under-18 Championship.
Quote:
"They both have a really calm demeanor and let their actions speak for themselves," Morris said. "They're low-maintenance players and excellent professionals who work hard both on and off the ice. I've found them to be very coachable."
Quote:
Off the ice, Shore and Forbort live together along with fellow Monarchs rookie Scott Sabourin, a situation that has proven to be mutually beneficial for all three prospects.

"We're all going through it together for the first time, so it's nice to have those guys there to just deal with the things that come with being a pro," Forbort said.

"It's been a really good experience so far," Shore said. "I think we've all really enjoyed it and are eager to get going with the rest of the season."

That eagerness is exactly what makes for a successful player and teammate, according to Morris.

"They both continue to absorb any type of critique of their game and are quick to try to apply it to their repertoire," Morris said. "Neither player seems to be about themselves -- they're well-liked by everybody that they play with on a daily basis."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=701153

http://instagram.com/p/gyM-ksgIhd/

PJ Kings Hockey is offline  
Old
01-18-2014, 07:51 PM
  #750
CNS
A World Alone
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,560
vCash: 500
Top Titty hatty, JF throws a punch at Cormier, Pasquale (IceCaps goalie) gets ejected, 6-0 gongshow. Manch wins. JF Berube 1st ever AHL shutout.

CNS is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.