HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2014, 12:47 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 500
AHL: Pearson and Vey come up big in Burger King jerseys

Quote:

Of all the prospects the Kings have in Manchester, none may be more intriguing than Derek Forbort. After three years playing college hockey for the University of North Dakota, Forbort transitioned to the professional game this past offseason. During the year, he’s had ups and downs, something to expect from a rookie blueliner.

Old
01-26-2014, 12:56 PM
BigBrown
Now what will we do?

Man, those jerseys

The dark stripe across the back, through the name and numbers, is horrendous.

Old
01-26-2014, 01:06 PM
SFKingshomer

Is Deslauriers playing D again?

Old
01-26-2014, 01:11 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Man, those jerseys

The dark stripe across the back, through the name and numbers, is horrendous.
It was hard to see the numbers on the jerseys if a player had a number higher than 9 or a last name with more than say 5-6 letters. Thank goodness the jerseys are up for auction and will never be seen on the ice again.

Old
01-26-2014, 01:13 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Is Deslauriers playing D again?
Yes, as noted in Friday's article, with Schultz gone, Des is back on D. Line combos in every article

Old
01-26-2014, 01:48 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Yes, as noted in Friday's article, with Schultz gone, Des is back on D. Line combos in every article
If Huxley can't go next week or Schultz isn't back. I wonder if they'll bringing in someone on a pto. I like to see Des go back to the left wing.

Old
01-26-2014, 02:14 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
If Huxley can't go next week or Schultz isn't back. I wonder if they'll bringing in someone on a pto. I like to see Des go back to the left wing.
Huxley was without a boot. Morris said he was close so we'll see. High ankle sprains are a *****.

Old
01-26-2014, 02:57 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
if anyone heard the Hextall chants last night that was a few of us in 119.
Bodnarchuk sure tuned him up last night.

Old
01-26-2014, 10:55 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Highlights of the Monarchs 4-3 SO loss to the Worcester Sharks can be found here: http://www.sharksahl.com/index.asp

Despite the shootout loss the Monarchs did battle back from a 3-0 hole to get the point. So, that was good! Solid weekend for the Monarchs taking 5 out of 6 points in this weekends 3 in 3. Mathias Niederberger got his first AHL start tonight.

Old
01-27-2014, 08:42 AM
bacchusbuddha

Send a message via AIM to bacchusbuddha
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Maxim Kitsyn sent down to Ontario.

Interesting move. I thought maybe Kitsyn would get some more time with Kozun gone. But, he really hasn't done ANYTHING this season. This move might be good for him.

Kitsyn scored his first goal with the Reign last night (picked up an assist too). He's skating on a line with Gasper Kopitar and getting a good amount of playing time.

http://ontarioreign.com/news/archive...rticle_id=2079

I saw his debut on Friday and it's already clear that his skating and puck skills are through the roof for the ECHL level.

He's new and about 1/3 of the roster changed last week due to injuries and transactions so it's hard to comment on his reads and positioning, but 2 points last night is a good start...

Old
01-28-2014, 02:58 PM
bmr

I was at the Reign game on Friday - even though they lost the game and didn't do much offensively, Kitsyn was a standout. The guy has potential - it's just a matter of him putting it together. Really like him on the line with Gasper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchusbuddha View Post
Kitsyn scored his first goal with the Reign last night (picked up an assist too). He's skating on a line with Gasper Kopitar and getting a good amount of playing time.

http://ontarioreign.com/news/archive...rticle_id=2079

I saw his debut on Friday and it's already clear that his skating and puck skills are through the roof for the ECHL level.

He's new and about 1/3 of the roster changed last week due to injuries and transactions so it's hard to comment on his reads and positioning, but 2 points last night is a good start...

Old
01-28-2014, 03:51 PM
EON 93
\_(ツ)_/

vCash: 400
whats the depth like in Manchester and Ontario? What are the chances MacDermid is in Erie again next season as an OA? Could certainly use him with Pelech/Abraham moving on. Erie will likely be a very good team again next season with a few moves.

Old
01-28-2014, 04:44 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
whats the depth like in Manchester and Ontario? What are the chances MacDermid is in Erie again next season as an OA? Could certainly use him with Pelech/Abraham moving on. Erie will likely be a very good team again next season with a few moves.
MacDermid is the lowest ranking Kings prospect IMO. Him and Lowry are guys I just don't have faith in. If Roach was sent back to juniors, MacDermid will as well.

Old
01-29-2014, 11:05 PM
bacchusbuddha

Send a message via AIM to bacchusbuddha
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr View Post
I was at the Reign game on Friday - even though they lost the game and didn't do much offensively, Kitsyn was a standout. The guy has potential - it's just a matter of him putting it together. Really like him on the line with Gasper.
Kitsyn lit it up again tonight. 1 goal (game winner) and 2 assists on a line with Gasper and former junior teammate Riley Brace.

Quote:
Regarding an end of season assignment for MacDermid, Ontario is pretty deep now, especially after absorbing 4 players from the now defunct SF Bulls. They have 11 inactive players on their roster, 5 of whom are on IR as far as I can tell. Of course all of that will change with inevitable AHL/NHL injuries and call-ups... Next year, who knows. Probably a totally different team.

Last edited by bacchusbuddha: 01-30-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Old
01-30-2014, 12:05 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
I think KMac has a higher probability of going back to Erie as an OA than going to the AHL. With Roach and Gravel in the Kings system DEFINITELY going pro, he is third on the depth chart amongst the graduates.

The question is if they feel it is better to send him to Erie to get priority minutes, or if they feel Ontario in the ECHL is a better step for him to get acquainted with the pros.

Roach was sent down to juniors due to injury and to develop some leadership. I don't know how KMac is in the locker room, but he may be under very different circumstances.

So just my very rough guess, Macdermid is ECHL bound next season.

Old
01-30-2014, 12:07 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Kitsyn with a 3-point night with the Reign. Seems like he's excelling there. Maybe it was a good idea to get him more ice time and build his confidence up and then bring him back up to Manchester when he's on top of his game.

Old
01-30-2014, 12:09 PM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Kitsyn with a 3-point night with the Reign. Seems like he's excelling there. Maybe it was a good idea to get him more ice time and build his confidence up and then bring him back up to Manchester when he's on top of his game.
Agreed.

Old
01-30-2014, 12:49 PM
Basilisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

Kitsyn is taking the Dwight King/Jonathan Quick path to the NHL. YES!!!

Old
01-31-2014, 12:38 PM
bmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
Kitsyn is taking the Dwight King/Jonathan Quick path to the NHL. YES!!!
I'm glad that Kitsyn is so open to playing at the lower levels in North America. Lots of other Russian guys wouldn't be willing to do that. Seems like the Kings really do their homework when they are drafting. Voynov was the same and Prokhorkin might be back in 2015.

Old
01-31-2014, 02:18 PM
Tadite

Quote:
I'm glad that Kitsyn is so open to playing at the lower levels in North America. Lots of other Russian guys wouldn't be willing to do that. Seems like the Kings really do their homework when they are drafting. Voynov was the same and Prokhorkin might be back in 2015.
I don't think it has much to do with being open as his limited options. He wouldn't be in the KHL if he was back in Russia. Guys had a hard time but the ECHL has got to better then that strange small feeder league the MHL...

I'm starting to think Prokhorkin maybe our best overall prospect.

Old
01-31-2014, 02:48 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Kitsyn didn't have any options, he would not make any KHL team.

His game is really raw, and limited playing time in the KHL/MHL wasted years of his development.

Old
01-31-2014, 04:25 PM
CNS
A World Alone

As someone here in Manch told me, and I agree with, wasted season for Kitsyn. Should have been done months ago as I suggested, and not this late in the year.

Old
01-31-2014, 04:52 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
BNG @ MCH GDT w/ stream

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7&postcount=65

Old
01-31-2014, 05:10 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
As someone here in Manch told me, and I agree with, wasted season for Kitsyn. Should have been done months ago as I suggested, and not this late in the year.
I agree, watched him at the first few Monarchs games, it was clear his game was just a mess from zero playing time in Russia.

Should have just sent him to the ECHL then.

Old
01-31-2014, 11:44 PM
PJ Kings Hockey

Wow, what.a.night! The Manchester boys were certainly putting on a show for Dean Lombardi! I only heard the first period, so I can't wait for the recap and video!

Thanks for posting the stream for everyone, MainDotC.

Closed Thread