HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver Called Toronto to Re-Visit Luongo

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 04:16 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Why would the leafs want to add a goaltender who is past his prime and with a **** bad contract to replace one of their goalies, both of which are playing better than Luongo.
Because the Leafs have a couple unproven goalies with some ok numbers in a shortened season.

Andrew Raycroft and JS Aubin had good numbers for stretches too

Old
03-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIE LACK View Post
Didn't realize that doing a little bit better than mediocre for one season (let alone a shortend season) made you a gold medal winning, vezina finalist, franchise goaltender. I forgot that stealing 2-5 games in the aformentioned shortend season makes you ABSOLUTELY UNTOUCHABLE.

While Reimer has maybe stolen a few games here and there, Luongo has been doing it for his entire career. Whether it's been in NYI, FLA or VAN. I can't wait for leafs to lose another 6 in a row and then start freaking out again.

Be honest Leaf fans. Are you comfortable with (Maybe) going into the playoffs with Reimer as your starter? Or a proven goalie like Luongo that can take you past round one (all the way to the finals)?

In before an ignorant fan says "YEAH A PROVEN CHOKE ARTIST"
Who said Reimer was a vezina / gold medal / franchise goaltender and why are you trying to get rid of him so badly? Oh right, because he's been passed up by someone who hasn't done any of those accomplishments either.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Kbs

I'd prefer to stay away from Luongo until at least the off-season. Reimer has played well and deserves a chance to get this team to the post season. Not to mention, depending on what Vancouver might ask for, I don't want to mess with the team's chemistry.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:18 PM
Demko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
Who said Reimer was a vezina / gold medal / franchise goaltender and why are you trying to get rid of him so badly? Oh right, because he's been passed up by someone who hasn't done any of those accomplishments either.
Who said that I'm trying to get rid of Luongo? I'm content with him. A leafs fan made this thread. You just proved my point. Reimer isn't a Vezina, Gold Medal winning franchise goalie and he probably wont even be.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:18 PM
Crazy Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIE LACK View Post
Finally, a logical answer. Again, I'm not a fan who wants the farm. I just want something of use to Vancouver.
I really do think that something along the lines of Grabo for Luongo makes sense, but do not see it happening before the trade deadline

Old
03-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Kadri 4 Hart

Conversation probably went like this

"Hey, is Kadri still available?"

*Click*

Old
03-29-2013, 04:20 PM
supercilious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
Because the Leafs have a couple unproven goalies with some ok numbers in a shortened season.

Reimers career numbers are slightly above average. He's not just on a hot streak. hes slowly becoming a solid NHL goalie. Things can still change and he can regress or improve, but his career arc looks good. He's only 25 ffs

Old
03-29-2013, 04:20 PM
The Saurus

James Reimer is growing into a number one at a great cap hit. Why would the Leafs trade for Roberto and his massive cap hit when he's just starting to hit his stride?

Vancouver needs to find another suitor IMO. I'm sure Dave Nonis is not interested, otherwise the leak would never have happened.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:21 PM
grN1g

i think the leafs should stay with what they got, and visit the possibility of Lu in the off season. Like what has been said already, the Reimer/Scrivens Duo has actually been impressive, and competing with each other every night for the next game, which is a great thing.

Old
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

@strombone1: 2 game road trip and one of these bags is mine...... #justincase #neverknow pic.twitter.com/KnRiVj0mTc

Old
will13

So what's the gist?

Old
03-29-2013, 04:22 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Be honest Leaf fans. Are you comfortable with (Maybe) going into the playoffs with Reimer as your starter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Monkey View Post
Absolutely. And we are making the playoffs

(For the record, I think LOLuongo is a good goalie, but Nonis will not be selling the farm for him. He has made this clear many times)
Toronto is a goalie graveyard. If Loungo could buck the trend in Van, he could in Toronto too.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Crazy Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercilious View Post
Reimers career numbers are slightly above average. He's not just on a hot streak. hes slowly becoming a solid NHL goalie. Things can still change and he can regress or improve, but his career arc looks good. He's only 25 ffs
I agree with this

Old
03-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Kadri 4 Hart

I think Reimer is better than Luongo right now..

Most I'd give for him is Tim Connolly. It would make sense since Vancouver need a center.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:24 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercilious View Post
Then keep him and send Van Scivens and Bozo or Grabo

Old
03-29-2013, 04:24 PM
mkoivu9*

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>2 game road trip and one of these bags is mine...... <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23justincase">#justincase</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23neverknow">#neverknow</a> <a href="http://t.co/GDzYMzaSnp" title="http://twitter.com/strombone1/status/317732660246085632/photo/1">twitter.com/strombone1/sta…</a></p>&mdash;Strombone (@strombone1) <a href="https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/317732660246085632">March 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not sure how to post a tweet on here but that stuff above is Luongo hinting he may be gone soon.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Crazy Monkey

Quote:
Toronto is a goalie graveyard. If Loungo could buck the trend in Van, he could in Toronto too.

We were never in a playoff position with any of those goalies, so not sure what you're implying.

And I don't remember saying Luongo would do poorly in TO. I said I am happy/comfortable with Reims

Old
03-29-2013, 04:26 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Maybe you should try watching a game or two this year. James Reimer has been playing fabulous hockey and is one of the main reasons why the Leafs are in a playoff position.

No need for Roberto at this time. He has a warm spot on the Vancouver bench at the moment, let him stay there.

Old
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadri 4 Hart View Post

Most I'd give for him is Tim Connolly. It would make sense since Vancouver need a center.
Well there's your problem right there. You're not much of a judge of goalie talent.

Old
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:

Not really, Reimer has been legitimately good for the Leafs. Only stretch he wasn't good was when he came back from the concussion last year. He is still only 24 and putting up above average league numbers despite some horrible defense in front of him. He was the Leafs best player before he went down with an injury this season. Just because he is young and "unproven" doesn't mean he is not good.

Also, if Reimer .916 is just "ok", then what do you call Loungo .904 save % this year?

I can't believe this keeps coming up. Leafs goalies are perfectly fine but they clearly need some defense. I mean, Leafs have had Holzer and Kostka playing on the top pair with Dion for most of the season and while Reimer and Scrivens have been able to bail them out for most of the season, it's hard to keep that up.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:27 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Then keep him and send Van Scivens and Bozo or Grabo
No significant roster assets like Bozak or Grabo.

The most Toronto would pay is someone like Joe Colborne and a third or fourth round pick.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:28 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Well there's your problem right there. You're not much of a judge of goalie talent.
Yeah, that sub .900 save percentage is just confidence inspiring, isn't it? And this is coming off a year in which he was pulled in the first round of the playoffs.

Legendary, that Roberto!

Old
03-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Crazy Monkey

Quote:
This is not true, and I really like Reimer. Reimer has great potential. Luongo has consistently proven he is a starter in this league

Old
03-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Hank4Hart

Quote:
lol.

Reimer is better than people give him credit for
Luongo is probably worth not nearly as much as Canucks fans hope

but that comment is just lol

Old
03-29-2013, 04:30 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Yeah, that sub .900 save percentage is just confidence inspiring, isn't it? And this is coming off a year in which he was pulled in the first round of the playoffs.

Legendary, that Roberto!
You guys haven't had a decent goalie in years. You wouldn't recognize one if it hit you over the head.
Of course you can probably trade Reimer in the summer for Quick or Rinne because he has a better save % in this shortened season.

Closed Thread