HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you let Bruno Gervais start the season

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 07:13 AM
OrangeAndBritishBlue

vCash: 500
Would you let Bruno Grevais start the season

Would you like to see Bruno Grevais start the season with the Isles if he continues to impress and hold his own against the likes of Butenshon and Timmander....??

Old
09-24-2003, 07:52 AM
Brain Hemorrhage

no, he needs more muscle. 6 ft 185 is waaay too small to play d in the nhl. next year, if he adds 1-15 lbs of muscle while keeping his speed, i'd surely consider it

Old
09-24-2003, 08:01 AM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage
no, he needs more muscle. 6 ft 185 is waaay too small to play d in the nhl. next year, if he adds 1-15 lbs of muscle while keeping his speed, i'd surely consider it
Agreed. No way.

Old
09-24-2003, 10:18 AM
IslesFan17

Timander was sent to Bridgeport. I'd let Gervais start. He's playing really well.

Old
09-24-2003, 10:52 AM
islerob

No way, you let boot and cairns flip flop between the 6th guy...send the kid back home...bulk up and get some more experience!! However, it looks like he could turn out to be solid from whateveryone is saying...about time we got a d prospect!!!

Old
09-24-2003, 11:43 AM
Tom Liodice

Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
I wouldn't think twice about sending him back to the QMJHL. Although he's had a great training camp, he's just not ready yet. Once a spot opens, then maybe he'll be ready for Bridgeport, but not now. He's way too young...

-TL

Old
09-24-2003, 11:57 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
I hope he's sent back.
I don't want the Isles to rush him.

Let him return to his junior team where he'll get a ton of icetime and continue to be a team leader.

Old
09-24-2003, 12:53 PM
Isle Be Back

As much as I like what I've seen of him I don't see any way they could entertain keeping him. They already have 7 pegs they are trying to fit into six holes. Keeping an 8th peg is not likely.

Of course, they may be risking (or hoping) that someone claims Timander in the waiver draft saving them some salary and solving the numbers problem. Even so, I still don't think thay can keep him at this point in time. They need Cairns' toughness, even with his comparitively limited skills, so taking him out of the lineup is not really an option. That leaves you with a choice between Martinek and Gervais and I don't think there is anything you gain right now by choosing Gervais.

Pat him on the back, tell him you love what he's done and that he's in your plans and that he should go back to another year of being a captain in juniors to build his strength, skills and leadership.

But, I agree, it certainly is nice to have a blueline prospect to follow and get excited about.

Old
09-24-2003, 05:20 PM
Brain Hemorrhage

The fact he's pushing for a spot at all tells you he may become a top-pair dman, considering our depth on the pro blueline. For now, thats enough to hang your hat on as a fan.

Closed Thread