Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What is next for Calgary after the Iginla Trade

Old
03-29-2013, 03:33 PM
scoringmachine

vCash: 500
What is next for Calgary after the Iginla Trade

Now that the new era is coming to the Flames what do you think will happen now. I know some of you want a firesale and get ride of players like Cammy, Tanguay, Glencross, Kipper, Jaybo, Girodano as like Iginla you know with these players you can get some interesting players on this team.

I know I have said it once before but I still would not mind getting Mike Ribero to be our #1 center. I know it is a long stretch we can get Iginla back not likely and we could go after Brendon Morrow. Douglas Murray, Ryan Clowe these are all UFA at season end so we do not have to mortgage our future. Also what we did with Iginla we could do to Kipper next season if Ramo plays to our expectation. The reason I would like some of these players on our team is to give some of our prospect time to grow. It does not look like we will have another Iginla type player for a few years.

The number one thing I do not want Feaster to trade any of our first round pick.

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Tapu Debe
DBU

vCash: 464
Feaster won't trade picks. He said so in the Iginla trade presser that the team won't be trading any picks or prospects.

Tapu Debe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Padlock

Hopefully getting rid of feaster

Padlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:42 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padlock View Post
And Ken King right after.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Padlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
And Ken King right after.
Agree 100%. You're even more right actually, King should be first. Weisbrod is the only one in the organization that I would like to keep around, but that's up to the new president. Which should've been John Davidson last year

Old
03-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Beats By CoRD
Tommy Fresh

vCash: 50
I'd like to see Jay-Bo, Cammy, Stempniak and Comeau moved. They all have pretty good value right now. If we can get one or two more 1st round picks, we'd be set up pretty good going forward.

Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:26 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
He isn't the problem, we can't get rid of the owners.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Well, Edwards specifically.

Would be nice if sold his stake and moved on.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Volica
Southern AB Dandy

vCash: 740
Now just move into full rebuild mode. A lot of assets on the team, start making teams overpay for them.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
Now just move into full rebuild mode. A lot of assets on the team, start making teams overpay for them.
Not gonna happen. This is the Flames we're talking about.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:41 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Well, Edwards specifically.

Would be nice if sold his stake and moved on.
You're crazy, owners with deep pockets is what every franchise needs.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:42 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
You're crazy, owners with deep pockets is what every franchise needs.
Except when they control the team and don't let GM's do GMing.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 395
Quote:
Except when they control the team and don't let GM's do GMing.
This essentially. It's great to have an owner willing to spend, but less so if they meddle in the affairs of management.

Oiler fans were ecstatic when Katz bought the team. Here was a billionaire who had no qualms with spending to the cap to ensure a competitive team; it was a nice change of pace from the penny pinching EIG. But a few years after, when it turns out that along with Katz came a heavy dose of cronyism where individuals like Lowe and Tambellini appear to have tenure despite being utter failures, well, things aren't as rosy as they once were.

So long as Edwards sticks his hands into managerial decisions, the Flames will continue to be a mess.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 05:51 PM
herashak

Quote:
Why the hate on the owners, people seem to keep talking about how they screw the flames management over, But is there any evidence to those claims?

herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Padlock

Quote:
Owners didn't trade for modin, Byron etc. Owners didn't say no more trading picks, then trade pick after pick. Owners didn't mess up the Erixon signing. If I felt like wasting the time I'd go on and on. Feaster is a horrible GM.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Janko Unchained
*Slightly overpaid

vCash: 115
Quote:
Owners didn't trade for modin, Byron etc. Owners didn't say no more trading picks, then trade pick after pick. Owners didn't mess up the Erixon signing. If I felt like wasting the time I'd go on and on. Feaster is a horrible GM.
I'll give you Modin, but for a 7th rounder, it could had been worse. As for Byron, he was part of the Regehr deal, where ownership told Feaster to get rid of Kotalik, which also meant we had to send a 2nd rounder. If I remember correctly, Feaster justified the 2nd rounder as being part of bringing in Byron. In that case, some responsibility is indeed on the ownership. And as a Flames fan, you should know that Erixon never had the intention of signing with Calgary, because he wanted to play on daddy's team. In exchange for Erixon, we got Roman Horak, and two second round picks (Tyler Wotherspoon, Markus Granlund), so I don't see that as Feaster messing up... That is Feaster turning a **** situation into a positive.

Feaster certainly isn't a great GM by any means, but the examples you are using to discredit his tenure as GM for Calgary isn't building a strong case for your argument.

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Ace Rimmer
What a guy!

vCash: 110
Quote:
Sounds like the owners have bought into the idea of a retool. Or a Brenda. Or whatever this is called.

Ace Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:55 PM
scoringmachine

We are in a rebuild mode just a slow one and Feaster just does not want to admit it. The only thing I want is feaster not to trade one or both our first rounder and not move down if possible move up. It looks like our pick will be in the top ten and the Penguins pick will be 20th to 30th so we will have one great player and one average player as after the first 15th are picked then most time the good players are gone, some times you can find a dimond in the rough.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:56 PM
LukeD
On Fire

I'd like to see JBow moved. He's been great this year, so we need a good return while his stock is at its highest since coming to the Flames.

I hope we get rid of some (if not all) of the dead weight.

And at the end of the season, I dream of both Feaster and King getting the boot. I just don't have much confidence in the future with those 2 driving this ship.

LukeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Craiggy

I have no idea what's going to happen. It's gonna be an interesting few days. I hope we keep TJ, Tanguay, Hudler, Cervenka and Glencross.

Craiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 12:05 PM
scoringmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiggy View Post
I have no idea what's going to happen. It's gonna be an interesting few days. I hope we keep TJ, Tanguay, Hudler, Cervenka and Glencross.
Until the draft is over we will not fully understand what direction the Flames are going. I just hope we get some good quality players in the draft and more of our prospects get a chance to play in the NHL. The Flames have some good not great prospects that need to have a taste of the NHL to see if they are ready. One prospect that should be in the lineup come 2014 is Sven Baertich(Sp?)

Old
03-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Padlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames CBA Guy View Post
I'll give you Modin, but for a 7th rounder, it could had been worse. As for Byron, he was part of the Regehr deal, where ownership told Feaster to get rid of Kotalik, which also meant we had to send a 2nd rounder. If I remember correctly, Feaster justified the 2nd rounder as being part of bringing in Byron. In that case, some responsibility is indeed on the ownership. And as a Flames fan, you should know that Erixon never had the intention of signing with Calgary, because he wanted to play on daddy's team. In exchange for Erixon, we got Roman Horak, and two second round picks (Tyler Wotherspoon, Markus Granlund), so I don't see that as Feaster messing up... That is Feaster turning a **** situation into a positive.

Feaster certainly isn't a great GM by any means, but the examples you are using to discredit his tenure as GM for Calgary isn't building a strong case for your argument.
You have no idea why Erixon didn't sign. You assume that was the case. Pretty bold to say he never intended on signing. I highly doubt that from the day he was drafted he had decided he'd never sign here. I can't stand the guy and think it was a bs move but it's still the gm's job to find these things out.

The 2nd was for Byron. Feaster said that many times. I'd take that 2nd over Byron every day of the week. How many examples do you want? We could pretty much talk about any move Feaster has made and it'll be bad. Re-signing a couple of Sutters guys were the best moves he's made

Old
03-30-2013, 12:32 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
You think Modin is why we are here? The owners forced Feaster to dump Kotalik so he had to give up a 2nd I don't see how Byron is a bad asset to get. Erixon wasn't going to sign period Feaster turned a 2nd + 5th into Horak + 2 2nds great trade. He isn't great but his hands are tied by the owners they are the root of evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Sounds like the owners have bought into the idea of a retool. Or a Brenda. Or whatever this is called.
I will believe it win I see it they will most likely want to compete next year which means picks will have to be traded for nhl talent I don't trust them to allow the process of getting younger and better to happen.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Padlock

Quote:
You think Modin is why we are here? The owners forced Feaster to dump Kotalik so he had to give up a 2nd I don't see how Byron is a bad asset to get. Erixon wasn't going to sign period Feaster turned a 2nd + 5th into Horak + 2 2nds great trade. He isn't great but his hands are tied by the owners they are the root of evil.

I will believe it win I see it they will most likely want to compete next year which means picks will have to be traded for nhl talent I don't trust them to allow the process of getting younger and better to happen.
Modin is one example. No I don't think he's the reason we are here but those kind of moves don't help either. Trade was Regehr and Kotalik for butler. The 2nd was for Byron. Look who was drafted around that pick, there's at least 5 guys I'd take over Byron.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:46 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Modin is one example. No I don't think he's the reason we are here but those kind of moves don't help either. Trade was Regehr and Kotalik for butler. The 2nd was for Byron. Look who was drafted around that pick, there's at least 5 guys I'd take over Byron.
The 2nd was for Kotalik from everything I have read. Again even that trade shows how much the owners are in the GMing they forced Feaster to dump the contract when they could have bought it out. They won't let him make the deals they tie his hands trying to take control.