HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

VAN Proposal: Sedin Twins

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2005, 07:04 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATJAM
Easily one of the worst posts I've read, must be a Sens fan...
There are some pretty good posters that are sens fans on these boards.. so I wouldn't sterotype the whole group because of one poster.

Old
04-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Shareefruck

Lalime or Hasek are waaaayyy better than Cloutier, and I'm a Canucks fan. Sedins aren't soft players by any means, they play gritty and fight through checks but rarely hit. They aren't at the level of Alfredsson in terms of physical play. I would actually compare it to Hossa. Sedins are decent 2nd liners finally coming into their own. They've definately got some value.

And for those complaining about the lack of goal-scoring from Daniel and Henrik, honestly, who cares how many goals you're getting if it's adding up to 54 points? Assists are important too. The Sedins are excellent playmakers who can definately put up number with a legitimate top-6 winger who can score ( I wouldn't go as far as whoever said 60-70 points, though ). Besides, they both DO have the skill and shot to score over 20 goals. You shouldn't really be expecting much more than that from your 2nd-liners anyways.

Old
04-23-2005, 05:37 PM
Clutch Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoCanuck
Im just thinking were all Canadian Teams, we might as well be routing for each other to bring the Cup back north ( Be it the West or the East )

Never. Not in a million years. I only support one NHL team - the Ottawa Senators. Although I do have a soft spot for the Montreal Canadiens seeing as I was a fan before the Sens came to town, but even then my colours are clearly black, red, and gold.

Everybody always say "cheer for the Canadian team". Man, that gets on my nerves I will cheer for the team that I feel is deserving of becomming Stanley Cup Champions (assuming Ottawa is done). If that team happens to be an American hockey club than I hope the Cup stays south of the boarder. I was so happy to see Tampa win it last year. Calgary was a disgrace IMO, and showed not much "heart" but lowball tactics and the ability to play a boring, defensive system. Kipper and Iginla were definatly inspiring, along with a few others of course, but for the most part those guys cheap-shotted, clutched, and grabbed their way to the finals. Had those stupid refs called the game by the book and not by the "playoff hockey mentallity" (which is totally unfair to the teams who don't act like thugs) Calgary would have been swept in round one, having played the whole series shorthanded.

However, if that is how you like to do things, be my guest! Cheer blindly for the Canadian franchise. Good on you! I just don't like it when people try to lure others into that stratagy claiming it's great for Canada. How about what's great for hockey? And the fact that the offensively creative, fast paced, fun to watch team (Tampa bay) won it over the chippy (many would even say dirty, such as myself) defensive robot squad (Calgary) seemes like the better outcome for hockey to me. But that's just my two cents.....

PS- To stay on topic, bad proposal. I feel the Sedins will never be more than solid second liners with good two-way ability but this is way off.

Old
04-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Eddie Vedder

I'd prefer just a 1st rounder for oniell.

Thank you very much.

Old
04-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Ronald Pagan

Quote:
To Carolina:
Henrik Sedin
Daniel Sedin
1st round selection in 2006

To Vancouver:
Andrew Ladd
Jeff O'Neill
Ludicrous. The two Sedins for O'Neil and Ladd is decent value. The 1st rounder puts it way out of whack.

Closed Thread