HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cody Ceci doing well in the playoffs

Old
03-29-2013, 07:57 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Cody Ceci doing well in the playoffs

10th in scoring for defencemen:

Cody Ceci Owen Sound Attack 5 0 4 4 0

4 assists in 5 games.
Talking to a local here in Owen Sound he has been an impact player since coming to Owen Sound.

Second in the league during the regular season~!

Cody Ceci Owen Sound Attack (total) click to view the entire list for Cody Ceci 69 19 45 64 12

03-29-2013, 08:03 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
I hope he's been better in the playoffs then he was is the majority of the regular season. Offence has never been a question.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:13 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
I hope he's been better in the playoffs then he was is the majority of the regular season. Offence has never been a question.
Thanks for spoiling the party Gargamel

nanuuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:15 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Just being realistic as a guy who's seen a **** ton of him lol.

I still have tons of faith in him though as a prospect. This season just hasn't been what I hoped for.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanuuq View Post
Thanks for spoiling the party Gargamel
He does bring up something important

We all know how good he is offensively, what the Murrays are likely from him is an improvement on the defensive side of things

Still though, it's nice to see that getting out of Ottawa seems to have helped

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:27 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

Look, he is fine to express his opinion,
I'm just tired of the negativity that comes out every now and then here.
Dam it, why cannot we support our team and prospects instead of dumping on them every chance we have?
BE POSITIVE KIDS

nanuuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:29 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Dam it, why cannot we support our team and prospects instead of dumping on them every chance we have?
BE POSITIVE KIDS
He's gonna be a heck of an NHL defenceman. I love the kid. Not trying to be negative, just trying to tamper expectations too. It's good to know what to expect for people who don't see him often.

Not everything is sunshine lollipops and gumdrops and it doesn't have to be. You can call a spade a spade.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:34 PM
backdoorpass

He has all the tool and when he gets to our organization he will get a lot better. Learning the d side of the game from Luke in bingo will help a ton. He has all the tools now just needs the proper coaching and practicing to take it to the next level. I personally think hes going to be an outstanding d man and from watching him i think he might be top 2 d in the draft. People might laugh now but time will tell

backdoorpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Pilgore88

Very happy he can go pro next season, another year in the O will do nothing for the side of his game he needs improvement in. Hopefully next year he is able to emerge as the two-way defenseman he was billed as at the draft, as this year he has not been very steady in his own end. Has all the tools you want in a player.

I wish we had taken other players at 15, but I trust the Murray's and Dorian much more than myself when it comes to these matters, otherwise we would have Cuma instead of Karlsson.

Pilgore88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:47 PM
BK201

Quote:
BE POSITIVE KIDS
I wouldn't take it to heart, after 3 months ago and people's thoughts on Zibanejad it just really shows you people here are more what are you doing for me today.

Ceci may have to work on some things but Murray already said he thinks he's a few years away from the NHL. He has a good skill set and good work ethic. With our teams great development I'm sure he'll turn into a good nhler.

But still we don't only have to say good things either.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:52 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
I wouldn't take it to heart, after 3 months ago and people's thoughts on Zibanejad it just really shows you people here are more what are you doing for me today.

Ceci may have to work on some things but Murray already said he thinks he's a few years away from the NHL. He has a good skill set and good work ethic. With our teams great development I'm sure he'll turn into a good nhler.

But still we don't only have to say good things either.
All I said was I hope he's playing better then he did in the regular season lol. I'm not even close to writing him off lol. I was the biggest advocate to draft him last season. I think he'll be a great NHLer. Was just disappointed this season. Was expecting more defensively but thats also in part to playing on a ****tastic team most of the season.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:54 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

+3 and two assists tonight.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:56 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
+3 and two assists tonight.
Thats what I like to hear

From what I understand it took him a little bit to get adjusted in OS, but since he did he's been very solid. That's what I wanted to hear.

Old
03-29-2013, 09:02 PM
BK201

Quote:
All I said was I hope he's playing better then he did in the regular season lol. I'm not even close to writing him off lol. I was the biggest advocate to draft him last season. I think he'll be a great NHLer. Was just disappointed this season. Was expecting more defensively but thats also in part to playing on a ****tastic team most of the season.
That's fine I'm just telling the guy not to get too upset. It's not really directed at you it's just In general.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:18 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Ceci struggled a lot at first settling in with OS. He's doing and feeling much, much more comfortable now.

My boy Smith killing it.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back

Ceci is going to be a stud. Didn't Kilrea or someone compare him to Doughty? I think Ceci could develop into a #1 on a lot of teams in the league...not Ottawa though. Such a great D corps...Cowen, Karlsson and Ceci will make us a powerhouse for the next decade on the blueline.

Still love this quote...

Quote:
"I told a couple of people before the draft, if you like Drew Doughty, you're gonna love Cody Ceci," said Kilrea.

"He'll be one of the top defencemen in the NHL, he's just that good. He's big, strong, he's a great skater with a tremendous shot, passes the puck well, and yeah, he's not a physical player, but he always manages to take his man out and get between his man and the puck. Eventually he'll add that (physical) dimension to his game.

"But what he's got, some players will never get."
I can't wait.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:06 AM
KarlSen

Offensive flair is a natural talent to a large extent. Decent defense can be taught, and a year or two under Richardson will give Ceci the tools. I don't mind this with a prospect.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:10 PM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Alfie View Post
Offensive flair is a natural talent to a large extent. Decent defense can be taught, and a year or two under Richardson will give Ceci the tools. I don't mind this with a prospect.
Great post. I agree 100%.

It wasn't too long ago we had an offensive wizard who was a defensive liability on our d. He ended up figuring it out. Now he is a Norris Trophy winner. Defense can be taught, offensive creativity cannot.

QuietOnTheFront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Nizzy

Quote:
Here we go again lol

Im thinking you just hate this kid but whatever he played on a bad team in Ottawa get over it already ..Almost PPG player (R) shoot ..Exactly what the big club needs

Hope Ceci gets a call up after his playoffs to hang out with the big club during the playoffs or get a run with Bingo

Nizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Guys, we all have opinions. No need to be upset at someone who's a little skeptical. I honestly have not seen much of Ceci, but I'm glad that his play is improving.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:01 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 113
Trade Ceci

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 04:31 PM
Cujomi
Bring Pesky Back

Ceci has been fine defensively...his "struggles" this season have been largely overblown.

Also the defence vs. offence thing makes a lot of sense from a logical point of view. Being great offensively requires creativity while being great defensively is based on structure, reaction and prediction. Most people have a hard time being creative, while most people have no problem learning to fit within structure and being reactive (prediction is a bit more difficult which is what sets the elite defenders apart).

Ceci has the ability to be an elite defender, and has the creativity and intelligence to also contribute offensively.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:45 AM
Larionov

The reality is, though, that Ceci is going to have a tough adjustment next season. First off, the kid probably won't think that he belongs in the AHL. After that, he is going to have to adjust to the pro game, and the truth is that he doesn't exactly have a lot of sandpaper to his game. Eventually, he will be fine, as he is a blue chip prospect in terms of skill level. To get a guy with his skills at #15 was pretty sweet. I just expect that his first season in Bingo might be a tough one, just like Patrick Wiercoch's first year was.

Larionov is offline   Reply With Quote