HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part X)

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Sullivan is only top line while Kovy is gone. Anything is better than Clarkson at this point.
This. Rather have Josefson there then him

Old
04-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

I don't know what's more frustrating. When Clarkson tries to toe drag past a defender at the top of the blue line on a rush, or coming out from behind the net and firing a turnaround blind shot.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Tundra

I hope to see Tedenby as well. I'd rather go down fighting with our once heralded draft picks as opposed to watching Tim Sestito or Harrold at forward.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
I hope to see Tedenby as well. I'd rather go down fighting with our once heralded draft picks as opposed to watching Tim Sestito or Harrold at forward.
No please just no. Regardless it seems Deboer has a real short fuse for Tedenby. To be fair he probably should have given him one more game with Patty and Clarkson before packing his bags for good, but that ship has sailed.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Hell no. Josefson yes, not Tedenby . Hes just awful. Atleast Josefson can play defense

You know when I lost it ??? When Clarkie is on a 2 on 2 with Zajac. Skating full speed, stops at the blue line for a split second, then proceeds to go into the offensive zone, of course its offside and the rush is killed. (This was yesterday)

Last edited by Semak: 04-05-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old
04-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
So what DeBoer is saying is that he's stuck with 8 d-men, wich includes a boat load of veterans and the youngster is getting the raw end of the deal cause he's just 20 and can't say a word over guys who've been playing for years at the NHL... but aren't as effective today.

That's what it sounds like to me.
To an extent, that's what it seems like. Too many defensemen that are worthy enough of a spot, and unless Larsson is impressing so much when he does get in, the youth loses the tie-breaker more often than not. It probably helps the case (for sitting him) that they feel he can learn something by sitting and observing things. May help a bit with allowing him to watch and get a better feel for things so he doesn't have to be as timid or indecisive as he was getting at times when he was last playing.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Hell no. Josefson yes, not Tedenby . Hes just awful. Atleast Josefson can play defense
But defense isn't the problem if you look around. The team needs offense. At least Tedenby is actually one of the few in the entire organization that can skate fleetly and actually scare NHL defensemen. Granted, he's so darned inconsistent, but I'd rather have someone with serious wheels and a high skill level. I think that maybe his fate would be different, if he had managed to score on that semi-breakaway in the opener. If I remember correctly he lifted a backhand over the net.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
But defense isn't the problem if you look around. The team needs offense. At least Tedenby is actually one of the few in the entire organization that can skate fleetly and actually scare NHL defensemen. Granted, he's so darned inconsistent, but I'd rather have someone with serious wheels and a high skill level. I think that maybe his fate would be different, if he had managed to score on that semi-breakaway in the opener. If I remember correctly he lifted a backhand over the net.
The problem is Tedenby cant even do well in the AHL when he is healthy. Atleast Josefson can produce down in the AHL

Old
04-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Tundra

Quote:
The problem is Tedenby cant even do well in the AHL when he is healthy. Atleast Josefson can produce down in the AHL
Lokitionov was struggling for Manchester and then didn't do much for Albany in his cup of coffee. I'm of the mind that with young players, you need to be patient and give them an opportunity.

Old
04-05-2013, 12:57 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Sullivan is only top line while Kovy is gone. Anything is better than Clarkson at this point.
True except Kovy could be out for most of the game except "for the last couple". Out of 11 that means he could make the last week? That's a lot of old man sullivan on the ice.

Quote:
Lokitionov was struggling for Manchester and then didn't do much for Albany in his cup of coffee. I'm of the mind that with young players, you need to be patient and give them an opportunity.
I'm all for giving kids time and being patient, as long as they earn it. Not sure Tedenby has.

More importantly now isn't the time to be patient with them. We have to win more games in the last 3 weeks then we have in the last month and a half.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:00 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
To an extent, that's what it seems like. Too many defensemen that are worthy enough of a spot, and unless Larsson is impressing so much when he does get in, the youth loses the tie-breaker more often than not. It probably helps the case (for sitting him) that they feel he can learn something by sitting and observing things. May help a bit with allowing him to watch and get a better feel for things so he doesn't have to be as timid or indecisive as he was getting at times when he was last playing.
Too bad we don't have a d-men he can learn from, when watching from the pressbox. It's not as if he'll learn a ton from watching Greene, Zidlicky, Salvador, Tallinder, Volchenkov, Fayne or Harrold.

Oh well.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Quote:
You know when I lost it ??? When Clarkie is on a 2 on 2 with Zajac. Skating full speed, stops at the blue line for a split second, then proceeds to go into the offensive zone, of course its offside and the rush is killed. (This was yesterday)
I'd welcome him back next season, but not at overpayment. Anything more than $4 million a year is overpayment, and that's taking into account that this is just a long extended slump. Honestly $3.5 million is what he's looking like right now, and that's still taking into account he's slumping bad. The way he's played the last 23 games now he's worth less than what he's making now. He's been outproduced by Carter and Bernier, and has just as many points and goals as Gio in that span. The guy most people want off the team in favor of Josefson. Even Poni believe it or not has produced more than Clarkson in that time span.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Marshal Rochambeau
N.J. Hockey Club

Good thing he is worse because we were not paying him 5 mil anyway.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:10 PM
ClaudeLemieux22

I'd like to see Poni-Zubrus-Bernier together, for the short time they were a line last year they dominated possession with their size and board play.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:15 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
bernier has been playing some damn fine hockey this year. happy for him. carter too to a lesser extent. role wise that is.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
More importantly now isn't the time to be patient with them. We have to win more games in the last 3 weeks then we have in the last month and a half.
I look at it from the opposite perspective. The veteran regulars have stuggled so mightily to put the puck in the net that they no longer can be counted on. At this point, we're playing with house money.

1.The veteran regulars are playing abysmal
2. There is no logjam of talented forwards blocking the ascent of Josefson and Tedenby.

You throw them in there out of sheer desperation and curiousity as opposed to watching this team flounder in 2-1 grindfests.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:19 PM
ghoti
Grind Time

It kinda bugs me that Josefson played 85 games with the team and they just gave his number away.

I get the Devils' philosophy, but c'mon.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:22 PM
The CyNick
Follow @ TheCyNick

figure you guys would be good to ask.

I got kovy in a fantasy pool. playoffs are going on, got this week plus two more. you guys think kovy will be back before then? if not, I will drop him and pick up a healthy body.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Nick0930

If the Devils do miss the playoffs, I'd like to see Marty starting for Team Canada at the IIFH World Championships.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
figure you guys would be good to ask.

I got kovy in a fantasy pool. playoffs are going on, got this week plus two more. you guys think kovy will be back before then? if not, I will drop him and pick up a healthy body.
He'll be back if there are playoffs for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
If the Devils do miss the playoffs, I'd like to see Marty starting for Team Canada at the IIFH World Championships.
I'm not sure he would. He could be a candidate though. Ward might not be healthy, Price will be in the playoffs for sure, Fleury will too, Mike Smith is proving to be a flash in the pan. Not sure who will be play? There's always Luongo, but his team will be in the playoffs too. I'd think it would have to be someone from a team who misses completely, unlike most years if you're out in the first round you can play in them. Since the season is ending a few weeks later. The regular season is ending around the time they start. Most seasons the first round playoff series's are ending when it's starting.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
It kinda bugs me that Josefson played 85 games with the team and they just gave his number away.

I get the Devils' philosophy, but c'mon.
the old number wasn't working for him anyways. Josefson 2.0 might work better.

Q: How do you think the unthinkable?
A: With an itheberg.
Old
04-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Lou throwing a bone to all the fans with Parise jerseys.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:23 PM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
I would like to see someone else besides Richer someday wear 44. Sweet number.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:33 PM
CerebralGenesis

There is no logjam to block Tedenby and he still can't crack it. Speaks to me. Him and Josefson will get their chances next season.

I can see Whitney passing him along with Boucher because Tedenby is terrible. Maybe Whitney and Boucher have learned some D somewhere and don't look lost in cycles.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
There is no logjam to block Tedenby and he still can't crack it. Speaks to me. Him and Josefson will get their chances next season.

I can see Whitney passing him along with Boucher because Tedenby is terrible. Maybe Whitney and Boucher have learned some D somewhere and don't look lost in cycles.
I don't think Tedenby will make it to the NHL Devils next year. He will probably be in camp along with many players from Albany who don't have a chance to make the team. Unless he goes to Sweden or somewhere overseas to play.

As much as I dislike Tedenby, coach Pete dislikes him even more it seems. Not that he doesn't have good reason to, but that's just the way it seems. His fuse for him was quite short with him getting sent down after 4 games. Even I was willing to give him a game or two more with Patty and David to try to get his **** together before being thrown out.

Closed Thread