HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tor/edm

Old
03-30-2013, 11:37 PM
pooleboy

vCash: 500
Gardiner for a top line projected C. nothing more nothing less (in Edmontons case think RNH not Gagner)

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:53 PM
haterbehatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
Gardiner for a top line projected C. nothing more nothing less (in Edmontons case think RNH not Gagner)
Well that's not close certainly not in a 1 for 1 trade but I can understand Leafs fans having a high asking price for Gardiner.

haterbehatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:10 AM
pooleboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterbehatin View Post
Well that's not close certainly not in a 1 for 1 trade but I can understand Leafs fans having a high asking price for Gardiner.
no it wouldn't be 1 for 1 but the basis and main pieces would be those two players. u dont trade a building block for non building blocks... it isnt smart.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:33 AM
McPuritania
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Why don't you read what I quoted?
"lol leafs fans keep dreaming about your players having any value in this league"
And what was that post you quoted quoting? Context matters.

McPuritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:34 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
I'm sorry I can't tell if we just flat out disagree with Gardiner's upside or if you're trolling us.

When you say projected top line C I at the same time assume you mean someone who's at least a serviceable 2nd line C at the moment. Not some prospect who hasn't proven anything yet.

I flat out wouldn't cough up Gagner for Gardiner. Call me crazy. Call me a typical Oil fan. That's jut the fact of the matter.

When you say projected top line center do you mean something like Logan CoutureJ? I Think he's projected to end up a first liner. If that's what you mean, then I've gotta believe that you're trolling us here.

And as for Hopkins, I'm sure you'd admit that to be an overpayment unless you're just having fun trolling this thread.

So, yeah. I totally don't get where Gardiner for projected top line C comes from.
Maybe you're just representing the value that he has to your team. Because well,Morgan Rielly is probably going to be a stud, but he hasn't turned into that yet and for all we know it might take another 2-4 years before he's playing top 4 minutes. In that case I understand.

In such a case you should state that he's an untradable asset.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 05:23 AM
McIce Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStreetBullies View Post
Gagner is having a decent year in a shortened season, and all of a sudden he's your best centre? Toronto gets fleeced in both deals.
Kadri is also having a decent year in a shortened season. Is he not your teams best center? I know that you guys don't have another talented centermen like the Oilers do in RNH but RNH has struggled at times this year. He's been stepping it up as of late though but this year, Gagner has been better. Long term, RNH will be better without a doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Who's in a playoff spot?
Really? That's your argument? Congratulations on MAYBE making the playoffs for the first time since 2004 . I'm one of the few that isn't a Leafs fan and is cheering for them to make it but comments like this are...well, pretty stupid. Guess the Rangers, Phillie and Caps don't have any valuable players either

McIce Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:45 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I wouldn't give Smid OR a first for Gardiner, let alone both.
One of the many reasons you are not a GM in the NHL

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:52 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsman View Post
lol at ridiculous leaf fans, keep dreaming that your team is the only one in the nhl and that toronto is the centre of the universe.

maybe you should stop watching leafs tv and actually, you know, watch other games too and learn about hockey.

stop looking at the standings and jumping to ridiculous conclusions

you probably couldn't name 4 oiler players
-how ridiculous to look at where a team stands. Cups are won by first overall picks and last place finishes.

-I think the world can name 4 players on the Oilers after it's fans have constantly drilled the Oilers' "big 4" into everyone's head.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote