HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Boston-Edmonton (Hemsky)

Old
03-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Gator Mike

vCash: 500
Boston-Edmonton (Hemsky)

First ever proposal, so please be kind...

To Boston:
RW Ales Hemsky ($5 million/year through 2013-14)

To Edmonton:
C/RW Rich Peverley ($3.25 million/year through 2014-15)

Why the Bruins do it:
Hemsky's got a chance to spark the Bruins' power play, which has been a thorn in the team's side for the past three-plus years. He's obviously a bit of a gamble given his injury history, but he's a high-end playmaker without a long-term commitment. Also like the fact that his deal ends after next season, when the Bruins would have to pay Patrice Bergeron and when someone like Ryan Spooner or Alex Khokhlachev might be ready for a full-time job.

Why the Oilers do it:
Overall, Peverley's been nearly as productive as Hemsky over the past few years, and would save Edmonton $1.75 million/year, which they might find useful if they'd like to sign Gagner and/or Smid. (...I realize Edmonton isn't up against the cap, but they likely have their own budget.) Peverley's admittedly not quite as skilled, but he's solid, reliable, versatile, and he's signed for an extra season to a pretty reasonable deal.

Gator Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Seachd

vCash: 167
The Oilers' budget limit is the cap, so it wouldn't be for money reasons.

Peverley might be some of what the Oilers need, but I don't know if they'd give up Hemsky for him. If they're bent on trading him (which it doesn't sound like they are), and this is the best offer, maybe they'd do it.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 10:59 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Oilers get bent over with this proposal, a top 6 forward for a bottom 6 forward, ya right.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:07 AM
Gator Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Oilers get bent over with this proposal, a top 6 forward for a bottom 6 forward, ya right.
To be fair to Peverley, over the past three years, the top six forward has 97 points and the bottom six forward has 95.

Sure, Peverley plays on a better team, but Hemsky gets more ice time and more power play time.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:11 AM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Mike View Post
To be fair to Peverley, over the past three years, the top six forward has 97 points and the bottom six forward has 95.

Sure, Peverley plays on a better team, but Hemsky gets more ice time and more power play time.
Remember Hemsky was injury for almost a whole season and last year he was not playing good after missing almost 2 years . He playing well again and is healthy for the first time in a few years

McSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:13 AM
lakai17

vCash: 95
I want more than Peverley if we're talking Hemsky.

Last edited by lakai17: 03-30-2013 at 11:23 AM.
lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:14 AM
CDJ

I'd rather keep Peverley than get even softer as a team. Pass.

CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Gator Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Remember Hemsky was injury for almost a whole season and last year he was not playing good after missing almost 2 years . He playing well again and is healthy for the first time in a few years
Hemsky's injury history still hurts his trade value, IMO.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:18 AM
AimsforGenji

Eh. Not good enough. I was getting confused by the trade seasons, made it look worse than it was. Still meh.

AimsforGenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:19 AM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Have you ever agreed on a trade to make the Oiler better . This is not the 80s . We can not win with all small skill players . DD in need is god to you . Even on the nights he couldn't stop a beach ball . With a young fragile team we need a goal who don't give up a soft goal or 2 every other game . Hemsky needs to go for some grit , Yakupov needs to play in Hemsky spot . I hope this is the year Hemsky is moved and i like him , But this is about the logo on the front of the jersey not the name on the back . Does not mean i think this trade is fair value , I think we can get more

Old
03-30-2013, 11:22 AM
KlimasLoveChild

Quote:
First ever proposal, so please be kind...

To Boston:
RW Ales Hemsky ($5 million/year through 2013-14)

To Edmonton:
C/RW Rich Peverley ($3.25 million/year through 2014-15)

Why the Bruins do it:
Hemsky's got a chance to spark the Bruins' power play, which has been a thorn in the team's side for the past three-plus years. He's obviously a bit of a gamble given his injury history, but he's a high-end playmaker without a long-term commitment. Also like the fact that his deal ends after next season, when the Bruins would have to pay Patrice Bergeron and when someone like Ryan Spooner or Alex Khokhlachev might be ready for a full-time job.

Why the Oilers do it:
Overall, Peverley's been nearly as productive as Hemsky over the past few years, and would save Edmonton $1.75 million/year, which they might find useful if they'd like to sign Gagner and/or Smid. (...I realize Edmonton isn't up against the cap, but they likely have their own budget.) Peverley's admittedly not quite as skilled, but he's solid, reliable, versatile, and he's signed for an extra season to a pretty reasonable deal.
Oilers aren't trading for another small forward

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:24 AM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
I'd rather keep Peverley than get even softer as a team. Pass.
Why make a clueless posting . Hemsky is not soft . I think we should trade him for some grit , but he is not soft . If you said he a risk because of past injuries , that is fair , but soft is something he not .

Old
03-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Gator Mike

For the record, over the past four years, Hemsky's played a total of 170 games, and Peverley's played a total of 252.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:28 AM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

I'd do it. Anything to bolster the pp

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:30 AM
MisterD
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Hemsky's injury history still hurts his trade value, IMO.
Probably somewhat, but he hasn't had any injury issues since his returning from surgery last season. I'm guessing the Oilers hang on to him in the hopes that he stays healthy and ups his value for an off-season trade.

MisterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:32 AM
CanadianSharks

Pretty fair all things considered, but the Oilers would want an overpayment. Peverley + 2nd? Peverley + prospect?

I don't know how the B's would feel, but Subban for Hemsky?

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:34 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Have you ever agreed on a trade to make the Oiler better . This is not the 80s . We can not win with all small skill players . DD in need is god to you . Even on the nights he couldn't stop a beach ball . With a young fragile team we need a goal who don't give up a soft goal or 2 every other game . Hemsky needs to go for some grit , Yakupov needs to play in Hemsky spot . I hope this is the year Hemsky is moved and i like him , But this is about the logo on the front of the jersey not the name on the back . Does not mean i think this trade is fair value , I think we can get more
Yes I have, but not dumb ones like this one. No need to rush to ship Hemsky off, and there would be a lot better offers then this one. Rich Peverley is not much of a physical player and not really a big player, the only thing he has going for him is that he is good at FO's. Not really the type of player the Oilers need, a C with size and grit.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Gator Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Pretty fair all things considered, but the Oilers would want an overpayment. Peverley + 2nd? Peverley + prospect?
Wouldn't give up a 2nd round pick and it'd depend on the prospect as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Not interested in trading Subban.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Roof Daddy

Put me down as a yes from he Oil side. Always been a fan of Peverley, liked his chemistry at the World Championships with Kane and Eberle a few years ago. Good on face offs (55.9, 61.1 and 58.2 percent the past 3 seasons).

For Boston, I think Hemsky would help their PP immensely. Good on the left side half wall, moves around a lot and opens up lanes cross ice or at the point for LHS one-timers. Big Z is the perfect compliment on the PP.

I think it's a good deal for both teams, we need FO help and you guys need PP help. It's a hockey trade that makes sense, which means it probably won't happen.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:37 AM
MisterD
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post

I would prefer to get a roster player back in return that better fits our needs going forward. I know Stafford has had a rough year so far, but I would like to work something out around Hemsky for Stafford.

MisterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:40 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Doesn't make sense for Edmonton. I honestly don't know what I'd want from Boston. Would it be too much to ask for an elite 3rd pairing PMD which doesn't make many mistakes in his own zone when he doesn't get too many minutes thrown his way?

Either that or a checking line center to get Belanger out of here.

Belanger wins tons of face-offs, which is supposed to win games, but our record is much better with him out of the line-up, I think.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:43 AM
CDJ

Quote:
Why make a clueless posting . Hemsky is not soft . I think we should trade him for some grit , but he is not soft . If you said he a risk because of past injuries , that is fair , but soft is something he not .
He sure as **** is softer than Peverley.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:45 AM
CDJ

Quote:
He sure as **** is softer than Peverley.
Not to mention Pevs has proven to be a warrior in his cup run.

So definitely pass.

I'd much rather have Raptor Jezus's versatility too. And he doesn't miss a bajillion games a year.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 97
Everyone I'd want from Boston they'd probably want to keep as they're contenders.

I'd love to add Peverley but I think we can get more for Hemsky.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 11:52 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Not to mention Pevs has proven to be a warrior in his cup run.

So definitely pass.

I'd much rather have Raptor Jezus's versatility too. And he doesn't miss a bajillion games a year.
You know, for everything people have said about Hemsky's shoulders (Which have been doing very fine this year, thank you very much.), it sounds just like what people used to say about Gaborik's legs... and then he moved to New York, signed a contract, missed 12 games with a separated shoulder a few years ago and since then hasn't suffered from anything major. We don't talk about his injury risk anymore. Why is that?

Hemsky was playing overseas during the lockout and he's missed a total of one game this season with a bruised foot. I know we're only 33 games in, but hey, if he says his shoulders have completely healed up, who are we to doubt him?

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote