HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Buffalo - Los Angeles

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 07:35 PM
  #1
Nuke
Registered User
 
Nuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Buffalo - Los Angeles

To Buffalo:

- Toffoli
- Bernier
- 2013 1st
- 2013 2nd


To Los Angeles:

- Pominville
- Regehr
- Enroth

Nuke is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:38 PM
  #2
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
kings dont have a 1st in 2013 and there's this thing called a salary cap.

bobafettish* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:40 PM
  #3
Nuke
Registered User
 
Nuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Replace it with next years 1st then.

Nuke is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:41 PM
  #4
SCARFACE909
Registered User
 
SCARFACE909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Replace it with next years 1st then.
Still as he said, there's a salary cap...

SCARFACE909 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:44 PM
  #5
Nuke
Registered User
 
Nuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Still as he said, there's a salary cap...
Kings would be adding around 8m in cap. They have around 9m in cap free.

Nuke is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:45 PM
  #6
Paradigm
Registered User
 
Paradigm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Looks like they have cap space according to Capgeek... at any rate, Sabres could take back Williams or Penner for salary purposes.

I'd rather simplify it from the Buffalo POV:

Regehr + Pominville + ?

for

Toffoli + Bernier + Penner

Not sure if any picks needed for balancing, but those are the players I'd involve


Last edited by Paradigm: 03-30-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Paradigm is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:45 PM
  #7
CNS
A World Alone
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 500


No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
Looks like they have cap space according to Capgeek... at any rate, Sabres could take back Williams or Penner for salary purposes.

I'd rather simplify it from the Buffalo POV:

Regehr + Pominville + ?

for

Toffoli + Bernier + Williams/Penner

Not sure if any picks needed for balancing, but those are the players I'd involve
You REALLY think Williams is just a salary dump? AND his value is equivalent to Penners?!?!

CNS is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:46 PM
  #8
FrozenKing18
Goongala.
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,906
vCash: 500
That is ridiculous

FrozenKing18 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:47 PM
  #9
krt88
Registered User
 
krt88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 2,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to krt88
Sabres fan and that's not equity. Simplify the deal with Poms and Bernier being the only players involved.

krt88 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:47 PM
  #10
Luc Gretzky
Registered User
 
Luc Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Kings would be adding around 8m in cap. They have around 9m in cap free.
We have many RFAs who will get more than qualifying offers, Voynov will add 2-4 million more depending on the length of term he signs.

It's a fun blockbuster trade on paper, but it's a trade the Kings couldn't make even if they wanted to.

Luc Gretzky is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:50 PM
  #11
Paradigm
Registered User
 
Paradigm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post


No.



You REALLY think Williams is just a salary dump? AND his value is equivalent to Penners?!?!
I'll plead ignorance on the Williams point; wasn't aware he was doing that well

Sorry

Paradigm is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:50 PM
  #12
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
could do something like RR + pominville for williams and bernier.

bobafettish* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:51 PM
  #13
SCARFACE909
Registered User
 
SCARFACE909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krt88 View Post
Sabres fan and that's not equity. Simplify the deal with Poms and Bernier being the only players involved.
I could see something here and would be interested in like that as I like Pominville.

SCARFACE909 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:53 PM
  #14
SCARFACE909
Registered User
 
SCARFACE909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Kings would be adding around 8m in cap. They have around 9m in cap free.
Yes and needing to re-sign Slava Voynov amongst others.

SCARFACE909 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 08:47 PM
  #15
Wizeman*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
To Buffalo:

- Toffoli
- Bernier
- 2013 1st
- 2013 2nd


To Los Angeles:

- Pominville
- Regehr
- Enroth
You keep trying to trade your overpaid overaged guys for cheap young players and high draft picks to turn into even more good young players.

This is the 50th proposal I have read by Sabres fans trying to get rid of their junk contracts.

You are going to have to eat Pominville and Vanek or sell them for steep discounts.

You might get a 3rd rounder for rental for Reghr next year.

Wizeman* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:06 PM
  #16
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 14,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Replace it with next years 1st then.
Reduces value of the pick significantly IMO.

tsujimoto74 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 09:09 PM
  #17
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 14,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
You keep trying to trade your overpaid overaged guys for cheap young players and high draft picks to turn into even more good young players.

This is the 50th proposal I have read by Sabres fans trying to get rid of their junk contracts.

You are going to have to eat Pominville and Vanek or sell them for steep discounts.

You might get a 3rd rounder for rental for Reghr next year.
LOL. This might be the stupidest post I've read in months. Rental Regehr is going to get a 2nd + if not a 1st. Easily. Look at other deals happening right now for much crappier d-men.

Pominville and Vanek aren't "junk contracts". At all. They're legitimate 1st line players. And I wasn't aware 5.3m was a lot to pay for that position.

tsujimoto74 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:18 PM
  #18
Rasmus Reichel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
You keep trying to trade your overpaid overaged guys for cheap young players and high draft picks to turn into even more good young players.

This is the 50th proposal I have read by Sabres fans trying to get rid of their junk contracts.

You are going to have to eat Pominville and Vanek or sell them for steep discounts.

You might get a 3rd rounder for rental for Reghr next year.
Hahah regher>leopold leopold=2nd+

Rasmus Reichel is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:22 PM
  #19
SlugLife978
Registered User
 
SlugLife978's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
You keep trying to trade your overpaid overaged guys for cheap young players and high draft picks to turn into even more good young players.

This is the 50th proposal I have read by Sabres fans trying to get rid of their junk contracts.

You are going to have to eat Pominville and Vanek or sell them for steep discounts.

You might get a 3rd rounder for rental for Reghr next year.
Regehr is a rental and the type of player that contenders love to add at the deadline. Pominville is a perennial 60-70 pt winger with a 5.3 mil cap hit. Vanek is making fair market value at ~7 mil for a goalscorer of his ability. Where are these junk contracts you speak of?

SlugLife978 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:25 PM
  #20
Wizeman*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Hahah regher>leopold leopold=2nd+
I stand corrected. He is a UFA at the end of this year, not next.

He should bring a second for a rental but hes a depth defense man on a true contender now. I do not believe for a minute he is better than Leopold is. Not now anyways. Blues took Leopold for a reason. They had lots of cap space it wasnt the issue.

Maybe the Kings would pay a 2nd but they have already given up the first so they would want to keep it.

Another team perhaps?

Wizeman* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:28 PM
  #21
Rasmus Reichel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
I stand corrected. He is a UFA at the end of this year, not next.

He should bring a second for a rental but hes a depth defense man on a true contender now. I do not believe for a minute he is better than Leopold is. Not now anyways. Blues took Leopold for a reason. They had lots of cap space it wasnt the issue.

Maybe the Kings would pay a 2nd but they have already given up the first so they would want to keep it.

Another team perhaps?
Why do you not believe regher is better than leopold? Me and every other sabres fan that watches every game can assure you regher is much better

Rasmus Reichel is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:28 PM
  #22
Wizeman*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugLife978 View Post
Regehr is a rental and the type of player that contenders love to add at the deadline. Pominville is a perennial 60-70 pt winger with a 5.3 mil cap hit. Vanek is making fair market value at ~7 mil for a goalscorer of his ability. Where are these junk contracts you speak of?
The kind that you want to get rid of. Vanek is not worth 7.7 mil, and Pominville is not worth his contract either.

You are afraid they will both walk out UFAs so you want to get something for them. I get it. But teams fans tend to drastically over estimate a players worth . Especially when it comes to trading older higher priced players for cheap young talent and picks.

Teams rely on picks even more than ever. They wont part with them to rent vanek or pominville for a year. If you can get something decent for them, go for it.

Wizeman* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:30 PM
  #23
1972
"Craigs on it"
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,380
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
The kind that you want to get rid of. Vanek is not worth 7.7 mil, and Pominville is not worth his contract either.

You are afraid they will both walk out UFAs so you want to get something for them. I get it. But teams fans tend to drastically over estimate a players worth . Especially when it comes to trading older higher priced players for cheap young talent and picks.

Teams rely on picks even more than ever. They wont part with them to rent vanek or pominville for a year. If you can get something decent for them, go for it.
do you realize how clueless and unknowledgeable you sound in 95% of your posts?

1972 is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:30 PM
  #24
Wizeman*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Why do you not believe regher is better than leopold? Me and every other sabres fan that watches every game can assure you regher is much better
And thats why hes still a Sabre 4 days before the deadline. Teams must be lining up chaffing at the bit to get him.

Leopold just went to a team that has TONS of cap space . They could have easily chosen Regeher .

Why bother argue anyways. The facts speak for themselves. What do you honestly expect to get for the guy? If you ask for anything over a second rounder, teams will simply hang up the phone.

Then he is worthless.

Wizeman* is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:31 PM
  #25
SlugLife978
Registered User
 
SlugLife978's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
The kind that you want to get rid of. Vanek is not worth 7.7 mil, and Pominville is not worth his contract either.

You are afraid they will both walk out UFAs so you want to get something for them. I get it. But teams fans tend to drastically over estimate a players worth . Especially when it comes to trading older higher priced players for cheap young talent and picks.

Teams rely on picks even more than ever. They wont part with them to rent vanek or pominville for a year. If you can get something decent for them, go for it.
...and now I know not to waste my time arguing with you because you have no idea what you're talking about.

SlugLife978 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.