HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

13-14' Prospects Thread Version XVI: All Prospect Talk Here

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 07:49 PM
BertCorbeau
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
In fairness there was a certain defensive RFA centre this year who a lot of people wanted, who got 20 goals last year and never hit 20 in junior

Just sayin'

Old
04-07-2013, 07:54 PM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
In fairness there was a certain defensive RFA centre this year who a lot of people wanted, who got 20 goals last year and never hit 20 in junior

Just sayin'
Refresh my memory please. I can't think of who your talking about off the top of my head.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:55 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by the naz View Post
refresh my memory please. I can't think of who your talking about off the top of my head.
For some reason, capitals don't work for me...

but ROR, I believe

Old
04-07-2013, 07:56 PM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

Interesting the same posters that doubted Kadri as a prospect due to him developing slower than others in the 09 draft are now jumping the gun on one prospect because the Gens haven't been a match for Barrie thus far.

Some things are consistent with our fans. Anyways, for those that watched Tyler this year, they will know he has progressed well this year, we don't know if he is playing hurt or not, but he missed the last few games of the year also.

Old
04-07-2013, 07:58 PM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post

but ROR, I believe
Right......meh. I didn't want him that bad. But still a good player.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:01 PM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Interesting the same posters that doubted Kadri as a prospect due to him developing slower than others in the 09 draft are now jumping the gun on one prospect because the Gens haven't been a match for Barrie thus far.

Some things are consistent with our fans. Anyways, for those that watched Tyler this year, they will know he has progressed well this year, we don't know if he is playing hurt or not, but he missed the last few games of the year also.
I take it your not talking a poster that has said players name as his own handle, are you?

Old
04-07-2013, 08:02 PM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

Quote:

but ROR, I believe
Weird that my name has all small case in your quote.........

Old
04-07-2013, 08:06 PM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

Quote:

but ROR, I believe
Based on my Tyler sightings about 7 or 8 games this year excluding the Worlds, yep seen him play not via texts or second hand info.

-Good, strong skater
-excellent PK man
-physical presence when he wants to be.
-Makes a lot of room for Jenner
-stands up without hesitation for teammates
-very hard to knock off the puck
-quick hard and heavy shot
-defensively sound
-sacrifices body to block shots

Best thing about him is he is a character teammate that is always trying to get better as a player, puts in the time in the gym, your favourite team of scouts Detroit wanted to draft him. A scouting staff you told me you respected. Well Morrison agreed so here is a guy we got that Detroit wanted to badly draft.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:13 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
Ya, I don't know why I bothered with that. It's not like it mattered, besides, I don't think Biggs contributions will be much for points. I think he has 40 pt top end potential. But that's not to say he won't be important for us.
Yes, teams need 3rd. and 4th. liners so if he makes the NHL he isn't a bust.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.

Babs - short for Barbara
Old
04-07-2013, 08:28 PM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Yes, teams need 3rd. and 4th. liners so if he makes the NHL he isn't a bust.
I love the way Carlyle uses his utility guys. I think he'll like having guys like Ross and Biggs on the 3rd and 4th line if they make it.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:28 PM
sniper81

Quote:

He has progressed pretty well this year, he does look pretty fatigued but he has gotten so much more ice time this year then he did last year so that alone was good for him. This summer will be very important for him, as his body developes his skating will get better.

Regarding a post earlier, Ive watched all his playoff games as well and he hasn't had the greatest playoffs but im not sure he looked "lost" . Offensively, i thought he created more than a few of Oshawas forwards. Tonight alone he had maybe 5 good scoring chances from the slot, Neiderberger was great again though.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Leafs at Knight
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Old
04-07-2013, 08:36 PM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
He has progressed pretty well this year, he does look pretty fatigued but he has gotten so much more ice time this year then he did last year so that alone was good for him. This summer will be very important for him, as his body developes his skating will get better.

Regarding a post earlier, Ive watched all his playoff games as well and he hasn't had the greatest playoffs but im not sure he looked "lost" . Offensively, i thought he created more than a few of Oshawas forwards. Tonight alone he had maybe 5 good scoring chances from the slot, Neiderberger was great again though.
Thanks for confirming the lost comment was not worthy of posting here, I do know he missed the last few games of the season, it was reported that it was only to be rested, but I wonder if he is playing hurt, anyway thanks again for confirming what you saw. Always nice to throw cold water over questionable info.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:47 PM
7even
Go on, do your duty

Quote:
Thanks for confirming the lost comment was not worthy of posting here, I do know he missed the last few games of the season, it was reported that it was only to be rested, but I wonder if he is playing hurt, anyway thanks again for confirming what you saw. Always nice to throw cold water over questionable info.
He was scratched the last few games along with the rest of Oshawa's big guns since they already clinched a playoff spot, not because he was injured.

I don't see how countering a subjective statement with another subjective is proof of anything.

I don't know why you guys are always fighting. Seems kinda petty.

Old
04-07-2013, 08:50 PM
sniper81

Quote:
I can understand if people think he lost sometimes, I think he just needs to move his feet more in the offensive zone and those thoughts would go away. There hasn't been a set line he has been on this playoffs so far. Biggs has played the best with Cassels who is a play making centre.
Ernie is allowed to have his opinion ovbiously because he does watch a lot of OHL, I have just watched more of Oshawa/Biggs than most people have.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:19 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
I can understand if people think he lost sometimes, I think he just needs to move his feet more in the offensive zone and those thoughts would go away. There hasn't been a set line he has been on this playoffs so far. Biggs has played the best with Cassels who is a play making centre.
Ernie is allowed to have his opinion ovbiously because he does watch a lot of OHL, I have just watched more of Oshawa/Biggs than most people have.
Hey, You know what?

The game I saw him play in Windsor... He wasn't impressive. He wasn't awful, but certainly not impressive. I have friends all over Ontario and Quebec, from a bunch of years of coaching minor, and members of my family and friends coaching at different levels, in different regions. I listen to what some of those people say, because they know the game, and watch a heck of a lot of it.

Last edited by ErnieLeafs: 04-07-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old
04-07-2013, 09:26 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Hey, You know what?

The game I saw him play in Windsor... He wasn't impressive. He wasn't awful, but certainly not impressive. I have friends all over Ontario and Quebec, from a bunch of years of coaching minor, and members of my family and friends coaching at different levels, in different regions. I listen to what some of those people say, because they know the game, and watch a heck of a lot of it.

If people don't like it, fine. I'm not demanding you only believe my opinion, or those of the folks I know. You're welcome to have your own. Why does it have to be so devisive? Why is everything "Me vs. them"? It's absolutely ridiculous, kills good conversation, and bums the experience of others on the board.

A whole lot less chest pounding, and a whole lot more educated discussion.... What an elixor that would be.
I watch tonn of OHL east and a lot of minor midget, I would rather just form my own opinion from watching than take someone elses second hand viewings, no disrespect intended.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Duffman955

Only watched couple games of Biggs in the playoffs.

He hasn't looked very impressive. He needs to be more involved in the offensive zone.

He has good finish and makes room for players. He needs to play on a more offensive role with better linemates. He is mostly being put in as a shutdown line currently.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:38 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
I watch tonn of OHL east and a lot of minor midget, I would rather just form my own opinion from watching than take someone elses second hand viewings, no disrespect intended.
None taken.

You watch enough hockey with your own two eyes to form your own opinion.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:44 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Only watched couple games of Biggs in the playoffs.

He hasn't looked very impressive. He needs to be more involved in the offensive zone.

He has good finish and makes room for players. He needs to play on a more offensive role with better linemates. He is mostly being put in as a shutdown line currently.
This is pretty true, I think a lot of it is fatigue. He plays better with cassels than he does with jenner, jenner sometimes doesn't use his linemates as much as he should.

Old
04-07-2013, 09:44 PM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

Biggs has had a good developmental year from my first hand viewings, people know I call it like it is here, I critique Leafs players and prospects when they deserve it, and I praise the one's that impress me. I don't pick favourites, my track record is pretty even here.

Biggs is not lost, not sure what that even means, if he has had a bad playoffs he is not alone against Barrie. Too much unbalanced critique on one series, Sniper said he saw him firsthand this year, I respect an opinion that seems to be what I saw this year of Tyler.

If there is only one critique of Tyler I would like for him to improve, is he needs to keep his feet moving. Other than that, he has the tools that Eakins will work with him on.

Lucic scored 30 in 70 after he was drafted, Biggs 26 in 60, there are some similarities. Now the biggest mistake to do is to judge Biggs on points alone, he brings other attributes to the table, he was not drafted for his goals and assists. Important to realize this when analyzing his play.

He has had a good year and is progressing just find, the post patience is the winner of the thread.

This is beginning to take the tone of Kadri threads again.

Old
04-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Spinkis

Tom Nilsson had his first national team goal against latvia today!

Old
04-08-2013, 01:19 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinkis View Post
Tom Nilsson had his first national team goal against latvia today!
Nice. Been a fan since his first rookie camp.

Bergmann is the man.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Anth93

@Interactif

What do you think about his puck handling? I find whenever he gets the puck, he finds a way to screw up the play. I mean there's zero play making ability from him, he just panics and passes off asap. I hate that from prospects.

Old
04-08-2013, 01:36 PM
7even
Go on, do your duty

Quote:
Nice. Been a fan since his first rookie camp.

Bergmann is the man.
True that bruh

Closed Thread