HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Isles for #15

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 03:22 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

vCash: 500
Iggy seems like such a nice guy. All smiles, thoughtful about all the interview questions.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:22 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Yeah... I like a skank as much as the next guy but there's a reason King Henke complained to the league about bimbo's skating around his crease. They wear next to nothing, some look way to young and seem to always be picking their wedgies. Lets just say that when you go to an Isles game the face painters paint tear drops right at the corner of the eye and goal netting on their elbows.

+ Cookie... Insane game and its good to see him in playoff mode.

+ Vee... Always square to the puck and another shut out.

+ Murray... Great around the net and doesn't look slow at all.

- Niskanen... Forcing plays and trying some dumb stuff.

- Neal... Happy he scored the goal so he can get some good mojo going but he was overpassing and seems to be in bad ice most of the game.

- I was hoping for a beat them down, killer instinct game but I guess its hard to play an afternoon game against a team thats hard to get up for. Mercy is a playoff weakness IMO and needs to be corrected.
I personally think it's all going to crystallize in a week or two. Hard to lose Sid early, then have Kunitz go, with the afternoon game and Iggy coming in and pretty much stepping off a plane for the game, and to have your two best defensemen out, and to be playing against a team playing really good hockey and fighting for its playoff life . . . and to expect a beat down under those circumstances.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:23 PM
gopens66
14 in Forbes in '60

Ok, due to comments here, I was drawn to the Islanders' board like a moth to flame. Now, I missed most of the second period, but were there some obvious flops by Penguins this game, or is it the usual ******** opposing fans crying about the Penguins?

Old
03-30-2013, 03:24 PM
leafspensfan

Iginla's interviews are the best

Old
03-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Haven't been around as much lately, but it's a good thing to see positivity from KIRK. Only took a 15 game win streak and 3 consecutive shutouts!

Old
03-30-2013, 03:26 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopens66 View Post
Ok, due to comments here, I was drawn to the Islanders' board like a moth to flame. Now, I missed most of the second period, but were there some obvious flops by Penguins this game, or is it the usual ******** opposing fans crying about the Penguins?
I really don't think Isles fans have any reason to complain about the officiating in this one, not with 3-4 blatant interferences, 2 blatant instances of too many men on the ice, and 1 player playing with a broken stick going uncalled against them.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:28 PM
billybudd
5 cups pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf expat71 View Post
If they had played like this earlier in the year instead of playing like poop, they'd probably be above the devils right now. But they are playing like a team with pride now, playing for each other. That would be an epic (history not withstanding) first round matchup for the pens.
Oh, good lord. didn't realize the Devils had a whopping 8 loser points. That's why the Isles are on the outside looking in.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:29 PM
leafspensfan

I'm just hoping someone tells Orpik to never shoot again...man how do you shoot a puck 6 ft high and 6 ft wide of the net

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
Haven't been around as much lately, but it's a good thing to see positivity from KIRK. Only took a 15 game win streak and 3 consecutive shutouts!
Will . . . not . . . take . . . bait . . .

Actually, what turned it for me was the Morrow for Morrow deal. I have my doubts about Morrow being able to keep it up long term, but that deal said to me that Shero was going for it.

Then, he traded for Murray.

And, even after that, even the evening of the news of Iginla's imminent trade to Boston, I said that Shero's Morrow for Morrow deal made it more likely that he was all in on Iggy.

That's all I asked. THIS is what I wanted Shero to do last year.

Here, you want to know how good my mood is: Iggy wasn't on the top PP, and I didn't even ***** about it.

Old
Get To Our Game

vCash: 884
++That one extended pressure shift from Malkin/Neal/Iginla
-Despres calling for the pass that led to the Grabner breakaway
--Niskanen making that pass

With Iginla just getting in late last night, with no practice, no familiarity with his teammates yet, and no significant power play time... I'm so happy. He's going to fit in tremendously. The Morrow and Murray acquisitions look solid so far too.

+Glass played a good game
++Douglas Murray has more points as a Pen than Tanner Glass

Old
03-30-2013, 03:30 PM
sf expat71

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
- I was hoping for a beat them down, killer instinct game but I guess its hard to play an afternoon game against a team thats hard to get up for. Mercy is a playoff weakness IMO and needs to be corrected.
Were you watching the same game? We played a good team whilst being undermanned and physically took it to them. This isn't your older brother's joke islanders team of the past, I don't see this complaint at all...

Old
gogasson

Quote:
Just ********. I'm sure they didn't mention the two obvious too many men penalties on them that were missed, their player playing with a broken stick, or Adams having his stick slashed in half without a penalty, did they?

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
Iginla's interviews are the best
A summary for those of us who can't see it please.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
I don't recall any flops. Moreover, if there all kinds of flops, wouldn't the Pens have had more power plays?

Old
03-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Ray Shero*

+Cooke
+Our PK
+Iggy
-Crosby out

Last edited by shureshot66: 03-30-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Please add a link for any Crosby updates you hear. Thanks.
Old
03-30-2013, 03:32 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Shero View Post
+Cooke
+Our PK
+Iggy
-Crosby out

I bet he will be back next game.
Thanks for coming on and giving us an update Rejean.

P.S.: Do you mind ***** slapping your buddy Pierre next time you see him, just because there really still is more you can do to make us happy.

Last edited by shureshot66: 03-30-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: QEP
Old
03-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Will . . . not . . . take . . . bait . . .

Actually, what turned it for me was the Morrow for Morrow deal. I have my doubts about Morrow being able to keep it up long term, but that deal said to me that Shero was going for it.

Then, he traded for Murray.

And, even after that, even the evening of the news of Iginla's imminent trade to Boston, I said that Shero's Morrow for Morrow deal made it more likely that he was all in on Iggy.

That's all I asked. THIS is what I wanted Shero to do last year.

Here, you want to know how good my mood is: Iggy wasn't on the top PP, and I didn't even ***** about it.
Haha, s'all good. It's a good time to be a Penguins fan, for sure.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Zen Arcade
Seen Spaling?

Quote:
I really don't think Isles fans have any reason to complain about the officiating in this one, not with 3-4 blatant interferences, 2 blatant instances of too many men on the ice, and 1 player playing with a broken stick going uncalled against them.
They think Neal shielding himself and sending Hamonic flying was some kind of horrible cheapshot.

I don't understand how could people could be interested enough in hockey to post here yet lack any sort of understanding about the game.

Then again, these same people somehow didn't know that batting the puck out of the air and over the glass in your zone is delay of game. Because they've only been calling it that way for how many years?

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
Haha, s'all good. It's a good time to be a Penguins fan, for sure.
'All in' will do that for you.

It's all real end of the world ****. Cats and dogs, Malkin4Top6Wingerz and Kirk, playing together . . .

Old
DoktorZaius

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
I'm just hoping someone tells Orpik to never shoot again...man how do you shoot a puck 6 ft high and 6 ft wide of the net
This. If he's that inaccurate, he really needs to put less juice on that shot and just focus on getting it through where Sid's line can do some damage. Remember Orpik, we want to do damage on the scoreboard, not Sid's face.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:36 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
They think Neal shielding himself and sending Hamonic flying was some kind of horrible cheapshot.

I don't understand how could people could be interested enough in hockey to post here yet lack any sort of understanding about the game.

Then again, these same people somehow didn't know that batting the puck out of the air and over the glass in your zone is delay of game. Because they've only been calling that way for how many years?
I thought Malkin not letting Moulson pick his head up before he flattened him was more egregiously dirty, but to each his own . . .

Old
03-30-2013, 03:37 PM
HeroicKaizer
I am Legend

We need to get rid of the blue alternate jerseys. They are cursed. Lets just hope Sid is ok..only a few teeth and he ll be back in a few days. Good win by the guys though. Matt Cooke beast mode

Old
03-30-2013, 03:38 PM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Quote:
'All in' will do that for you.
I was pretty skeptical about the Morrow and Murray trades, honestly. Both in how much we gave up and the players themselves. So far, no complaints here. Both look like they just came out a time machine circa 2009.

Quote:
It's all real end of the world ****. Cats and dogs, Malkin4Top6Wingerz and Kirk, playing together . . .
I'm totally the dog in that analogy.

Old
03-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Killswitch7187
Winter is here

Looking at the replays, still don't see how that puck was deflected when Orpik shot it. Either that was a horribly non-accurate shot, or thought Sid could deflect a 90 MPH shot

Old
03-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

F the blue jerseys. I'm down with that superstition at this point.

Closed Thread