HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Isles for #15

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
That was amazing the night PitHockey22 broke that Iginla news. I thought he was a Bruins fan trolling. I wasn't aware of him predicting the Morrow deal too. Unbelievable. He said his friend told him. Who the hell is his friend, Mario?

Old
03-30-2013, 04:27 PM
OGBobbyFarnham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I still think Morrow could be better served on Geno's line and Iggy w/ Sid. That is where I really think the best lines are. Dupers would dominate with Sutter still.

But hey - can't complain. I love where this team is going if fully healthy.
I'm with you Cole. Morrow's skillset(if he continues his strong play) is much better served in the top six. Either way, you can't go wrong with Morrow or Iginla on Geno's wing but i think it boils down to if Morrow's skills are best utilized on the 3rd line or flanking Geno/Neal for playoff hockey.

The 2 fowards that should be moving up and down to experiment are Dupuis and Morrow until you find that right chemistry.

Now if Sid's out for any time, you insert Jeffrey in at 2C(Geno being 1C) or have Vitale or Jeffrey playing 4C.

Old
TheGoldenJet

-Orpik for taking out Sid in the first period, the hockey gods are fickle masters

+Vokoun with the all-star performance in goal
+Geno's line, looked noticeably better with the faster Iginla there over Morrow
+Team defence
+PK

When Sid returns, Id still plop Kunitz on line 2 and match Iginla and Dupuis up with Crosby.

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
Maybe PitHockey22 is Ray Shero's wife?
Maybe. Can't be one of his kids. They were completely out of it with Iginla.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:29 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 View Post
I'm with you Cole. Morrow's skillset(if he continues his strong play) is much better served in the top six. Either way, you can't go wrong with Morrow or Iginla on Geno's wing but i think it boils down to if Morrow's skills are best utilized on the 3rd line or flanking Geno/Neal for playoff hockey.

The 2 fowards that should be moving up and down to experiment are Dupuis and Morrow until you find that right chemistry.

Now if Sid's out for any time, you insert Jeffrey in at 2C(Geno being 1C) or have Vitale or Jeffrey playing 4C.
It's not so much a question of Morrow's skills as his speed. If the adrenaline doesn't wear off-- and for a run like this, it might not-- then Morrow would be just fine with Malkin and Neal. BUT, that's an IF, not a given.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:29 PM
TheGoldenJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 View Post

The 2 fowards that should be moving up and down are Dupuis and Morrow until you find that right chemistry.

To be honest I think Dupuis is the more effective player of the two at this stage of there careers. Also Dupuis brings oodles of speed to the top 6 which is what we want, whereas Morrow is a step behind the rest despite 'playing on adrenaline' atm.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:30 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
That was amazing the night PitHockey22 broke that Iginla news. I thought he was a Bruins fan trolling. I wasn't aware of him predicting the Morrow deal too. Unbelievable. He said his friend told him. Who the hell is his friend, Mario?
Maybe it is a buddy of one of Shero's kids. Won't know, because we can't be sure if PitHockey22 broke it before or after Shero notified them.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:32 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
If Whitney came cheap, I wouldn't hate it. He won't, because Edmonton needs him and they're in the hunt. He could be the #6 here and be insulated.
In theory, you could look at a guy with a year left on his deal too and worry about moving bodies or a buyout in the summer, no?

Old
03-30-2013, 04:32 PM
IcedCapp
Yummy and Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
And if something God forbid happens to one of those three, or even if Despres really struggles?

I'm not saying to mortgage the farm, but the last thing in the world you want is Engo in the top six along with Orpik and Murray and Eaton. Shero has the cap space and no roster limitations. Why not if it's a deal that doesn't involve a consequential asset? I don't care if the acquisition never sees the ice. In fact, I prefer that he doesn't. BUT, 'all in' means 'all in', no?
:shrug:

someone else gets hurt, I'm going to experience a murderous rage. So tired of this ****.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I do think Morrow's better with skill players because he can be that guy around the net but he's gritty enough to play a 3rd line role too. He may be slow but he's still mean. He absolutely hammered a guy on the forecheck on one sequence.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:36 PM
KIRK

Quote:
:shrug:

someone else gets hurt, I'm going to experience a murderous rage. So tired of this ****.
Sure, me too. My point was just that if it doesn't involve a significant asset, then I could see Shero being extra safe. Yeah, we've got 9 guys. One is out for round 1. One won't sniff the ice (Borts). One you don't want to sniff the ice with Orpik, Murray, and Eaton (Engo). Ergo, you make a move or you're one bad break away from seeing just that.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:39 PM
OGBobbyFarnham

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenJet View Post
To be honest I think Dupuis is the more effective player of the two at this stage of there careers. Also Dupuis brings oodles of speed to the top 6 which is what we want, whereas Morrow is a step behind the rest despite 'playing on adrenaline' atm.
Morrow opens up alot of room when he just plays around the net, forcing defenders to try and move him or plays hard on players downlow then goes to the net.

Dupuis may be fast but he doesn't have that ability.

For me, a Morrow-Malkin-Neal line would not be a one and done line, in terms of offense. They could hem teams in their zone for shifts at a time. Much like you seen today at times with Iginla.

Now add Iginla to Crosby's line and that line now has the ability to have more sustained offensive pressure imo.

If DB feels Dupuis is essential on Crosby's line. I'd make Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla.

For playoff hockey i love:

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Morrow-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis

OR

Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Morrow

Old
03-30-2013, 04:39 PM
mpp9

From a pure entertainment standpoint, the league needs to see what kind of destruction Sid and Iggy will bring upon opponents.

Kunitz and Morrow fit Geno's LW like a glove. So we'll have options.

And I'm pretty certain Iggy is staying. No way will he walk away from this situation. You can just tell how excited he is.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:43 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Lounge Hero

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Let's stay on topic of the game

Old
03-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
From a pure entertainment standpoint, the league needs to see what kind of destruction Sid and Iggy will bring upon opponents.

Kunitz and Morrow fit Geno's LW like a glove. So we'll have options.

And I'm pretty certain Iggy is staying. No way will he walk away from this situation. You can just tell how excited he is.
Yeah, I think he'd have to be excited about spending the last 3-4 years of his career riding shotgun with Sid or Geno and do it while those two guys are in their prime. Hopefully they can squeeze him in for the next few years.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:49 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE
Don't drive hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Watch Shero bring Whitney back.
Too soff
Is like mans versus boy

Huge plus to Vokoun and to Cooke. The players should buy them dinner. I hope Sid is ok

Old
03-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

It was great to see Neal get off the snide. Hopefully that gets his confidence going again. He had a stretch where he wasn't finishing like he normally does but that was without 71 around.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Danish Pastry
this is dream!

Didn't get to watch the game how was murray

Old
03-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Pastry View Post
very solid.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
I really didn't have many complaints about the D today outside of Niskanen making a few bonehead plays. Murray had one big hit that I remember and seemed solid enough. You could tell we really missed Letang and Martin. We spent a lot more time in our own end with both of them out and then Sid going down didn't help that either.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Death To Selfies!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Like a bull in a china shop.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Old
03-30-2013, 04:59 PM
IcedCapp
Yummy and Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Sure, me too. My point was just that if it doesn't involve a significant asset, then I could see Shero being extra safe. Yeah, we've got 9 guys. One is out for round 1. One won't sniff the ice (Borts). One you don't want to sniff the ice with Orpik, Murray, and Eaton (Engo). Ergo, you make a move or you're one bad break away from seeing just that.
someone like John Michael Liles is supposedly on the block and wouldn't be too bad if you could move him in the summer. Not clue what the cost would be, though.

Not sure if this is on topic or not, since we're discussing the transition game from today.

Old
03-30-2013, 05:05 PM
JQR
Clearly it's Lovejoy

Quote:
someone like John Michael Liles is supposedly on the block and wouldn't be too bad if you could move him in the summer. Not clue what the cost would be, though.

Not sure if this is on topic or not, since we're discussing the transition game from today.
If it isn't Cole is going to globally moderate your punk ass.

(Congrats on that btw, Cole)

Old
03-30-2013, 05:09 PM
IcedCapp
Yummy and Delicious

3-pt "effective points" lead on Montreal and 4-pt "effective" lead on Boston now, and those two teams play each other again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques G View Post
If it isn't Cole is going to globally moderate your punk ass.
I'd let Cole globally moderate my ass whenever he wants.

uh

Old
03-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
Quote:
3-pt "effective points" lead on Montreal and 4-pt "effective" lead on Boston now, and those two teams play each other again soon.

I'd let Cole globally moderate my ass whenever he wants.

uh
I think it's pretty amazing we're now a full 10 points ahead of the Bruins. I know they have 2 or 3 games in hand, but still. That's pretty impressive considering how unbeatable they looked early on and how it looked like they'd likely wrap up the East by the 40 game mark.

Closed Thread